• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1666 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
evarestem

Marlowe and Hubble?s Eye island giveaway event! Reply to this Post

Ahoy mates, seeing as Illusion has been holding a few islands for a while now and no goal of retiring from the blockading scene, we thought it's time to give some of our smaller islands to less experienced blockading flags to enjoy.

However, we would like to be sure that the flags we are going to hand them over to will run them well and have the resources and staff to actually defend it, therefore we decided to hold two separate events for each island that will test flags skill and knowledge of holding an island and running it well. Each island giveaway event will be separate and a different format to give it some variety.

Marlowe Island event

When? Thursday 5th December at 12pm GT.

Where? Marlowe Island

Pay? A paycap of 1,500

How to win?
Part A) Prior to the cade, each flag wishing to participate in the event to win the island will need to post a private message on the forums to myself with their island details if they win. The island details should include details on how they plan to manage and run the island.

Part B) The flag will need to enter the event cade on Thursday 12pm GT and win by having the most points at the end of the round?. The event cade will last for 1 round, with a paycap of 1,500 pieces of eight. Only ships that are smaller than a Junk ship will be enabled (You cannot enter ships bigger than a Junk ship).

Requirements and eligibility:

In order to join the event your flag must not have a large island nor can they have more than 2 islands. Also your flag must have the minimum fame requirement to accept an island transfer (Noted for Marlowe and Established for Hubble's Eye).

Extra Information
Part A and b will be taken into account before deciding on a winner We are hoping the winning flag will be kind enough to keep the dog named "Cleansanchez" on the island and the information about it on the fort news somewhere.

Hubble?s Eye: Will be announced once I have made the final decisions but it be after the Marlowe island blockade event with different settings.

Note to potential island snipers: We will be defending the islands until the transfer goes through.
----------------------------------------
Imrans of Hunter

Viktorius flag royalty chats, "well, thats pretty deep for 1st time"

Jackpot says, "i swear sometimes i think they should advertise this as a dork dating site"
[Edit 3 times, last edit by evarestem at Dec 2, 2013 11:57:31 AM]
[Dec 2, 2013 11:28:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

Re: Marlowe and Hubble?s Eye island giveaway event! Reply to this Post

Hey my flag is Noted, maybe someone should just give Marlowe to me!
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Dec 5, 2013 10:55:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
evarestem

Thank you to the following flags that particapted and put up a good fight:
Pandorica
When the stars align
The Heart

Congratulations to "Wait For It", you guys did superb and hope you treat the island with love and care!!!

Also, I am pleased to say that every flag sent great island plans and followed the rules of the event cade to the dot!

Thanks again, hope you all had fun and you can always join for fun Gneiss :P
Imrans of Hunter

Viktorius flag royalty chats, "well, thats pretty deep for 1st time"

Jackpot says, "i swear sometimes i think they should advertise this as a dork dating site"
[Dec 5, 2013 1:04:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

Thank you to the following flags that particapted and put up a good fight:
Pandorica
When the stars align
The Heart

Congratulations to "Wait For It", you guys did superb and hope you treat the island with love and care!!!

Also, I am pleased to say that every flag sent great island plans and followed the rules of the event cade to the dot!

Thanks again, hope you all had fun and you can always join for fun Gneiss :P

Not when it's during working hours :p
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Dec 5, 2013 1:37:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kavemen2

Thanks so much for the event :) we were by far the most understaffed and still managed to get the most sinks(Yes i know its non-sinking). We hope to take part on the hubble's eye event if we qualify and look forward to further events. Congrats to Wait for It, you guys better take good care of the island!
[Dec 5, 2013 2:40:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Muaddh

The blockade of Marlowe island was a wonderful blockade! Many jobbers showed up on the different flags..
There was a fierce fight and alot of laughter. All the jobbers did amazing, so did the Battle Navigators, Everyone that gave their support. We owe them many thanks!
Then there is the other flags,. Without you this cade would have been a sleeping contest... Thank you alot for the fun and joining us you've all did a wonderful job!
But also thanks to Imrans and his flag for hosting this event. We will take good care of the island and appreciate what has been done.

written by the lovely bisca
Muaddh on Emerald
Captain of The Audience
King of Wait For It

I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.

avvy by frayscarlet
[Dec 5, 2013 3:26:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

Ohh, I guess I should write something too eh..

On behalf of Pandorica ...

First off, I'd definitely like to thank all the jobbers that came out to job for us.

Without you, there would be no cade!

I'm sorry I am not able to thank everyone individually, but let it be known that I do very much appreciate your support. Every single one of you <3

Secondly, the great team that we got together at the Eleventh Hour (pardon another Dr. Who reference)!

All the way from the start of prepping to listening me ramble on at the end, you guys stuck it out :D

It was so interesting to be so completely out of my element in a blockade.

It definitely helped me appreciate the game again - having a great time with friends while derping all the way.

'Tis the season and spread the holiday cheer,
Squishat
and the rest of the Pandorica Team

P.S. I did extend an invitation for gneiss to come along but yea :P
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Squishat at Dec 5, 2013 3:46:22 PM]
[Dec 5, 2013 3:43:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Secondly, the great team that we got together at the Eleventh Hour (pardon another Dr. Who reference)!

Sorry, but The Eleventh Hour is always going to mean something else to me. (And to all my children who I read it to.)
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Dec 5, 2013 5:49:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates