• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1089 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Pentangle

I propose an ocean merge - Emerald and Meridian - why not ? Reply to this Post

Hi, i dare to pose maybe the most important question -
With all this ppx nonsense, i propose a new ocean merge - Emerald and Meridian together . . . . (maybe North & South ? names )

why not ?

let's save the game
not sure of any other successful games out there which are arbitrarily split (?)

welcome your comments
hope O-O-O are listening if you think a good idea !
cheers

Pentangle
Rags to Riches tailor shoppe on Caravanserai Island, Emerald Ocean
[Dec 2, 2013 6:30:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Re: I propose an ocean merge - Emerald and Meridian - why not ? Reply to this Post

Hi, i dare to pose maybe the most important question -
With all this ppx nonsense, i propose a new ocean merge - Emerald and Meridian together . . . . (maybe North & South ? names )

why not ?

Because the first ocean merge didn't do anything. As most of us predicted.

------------

The biggest problem at the moment is needing to cut down on the number of people wanting to run sea monster runs simultaneously. That's only going to be solved by reducing the financial incentive to want to run the ship. Something that, so far, OOO has been unwilling to try.

Note: They actually did reduce the financial incentive, successfully, for running pillages, when they changed the notice board a few years back. And it is much easier now, as a jobber, to get on a voyage that hits the water in only a few minutes, if you even have to wait that long. And as a navigator, you can usually pick up sufficient crew to sail in little time, as well, now. The whole process helped even more by the additional swabbies. So, at least in theory, OOO may some day do the things needed to reduce the number of people who want to run sea monster hunts, so that the ones who remain fill much faster. But so far, we've seen no indications that that will ever happen.
----------------------------------------
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Dec 2, 2013 12:12:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GoreJackFan

Re: I propose an ocean merge - Emerald and Meridian - why not ? Reply to this Post

Leave the oceans as they are. I know Meridians bilge is much different with tokening then on emerald which is way easier. They merge and they keep meridians bilge u might as well just killed ciing because most of them sink when i log on there because of the lack of tokening. Plus half the people from emerald I know left emerald to get away. You merge the oceans then they prob wont come back to PP.

Gorev on Emerald
Gorev - Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by GoreJackFan at Dec 2, 2013 12:30:02 PM]
[Dec 2, 2013 12:28:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    MechanicGurl04 [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Some previous discussion which didn't specify whether only doubloon oceans were to be merged (as in this current thread) or subscriber and doubloon oceans (requires some hybrid setup).

There was this discussion which amongst other things suggested merging all the remaining doubloon oceans into one. That included the Spanish and German language oceans being merged with the two English language servers. Subscription ocean would remain separate.
[Dec 2, 2013 7:30:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates