• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2367 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Lazyboy3

Where to find charts? Reply to this Post

After two years of inactivity, I came back to Puzzle Pirates to find my ship in the port of Alkaid Island. When I got on my ship, there were no maps, and the only map on Alkaid that I could find was to McGuffin Island. I sailed there, but can't get any further since it is uninhabitable. I then took all of the ferries that I could, and couldn't find any charts from McGuffin to the Isle of Kerris. This is very frustrating and can't find these charts anywhere, so does anyone know where can I find the chart from McGuffin Island to the Isle of Keris? Then I also need to know where to find the chart from the Isle of Keris to Marlowe Island.
[Dec 1, 2013 1:38:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Re: Where to find charts? Reply to this Post

You have a couple solutions:

1) find someone who can chart you
2) Spend a lot of time in the Admiral inn, spamming for maps
3) Pillage in the area around Alkaid. Eventually, you'll win the maps you need.

Don't forget that if you do duty navigation, you'll eventually memorize the routes you're on and won't need charts for them any more.
----------------------------------------
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Dec 1, 2013 1:43:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lazyboy3

What do you mean by:

?
[Dec 1, 2013 1:46:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Find a player on this list or through other means, someone who has the routes memorized. Then /job them aboard your ship and order them to play Navigation. This enables the other player to lay in a course on your ship for you to use.

I will point out that maps and charts are subtly different. A chart describes a course between two islands, while a map is for special activities such as Sea Monster Hunts, Imperial Outposts and the like. I have taken care on YPPedia to differentiate the two terms.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Dec 1, 2013 1:57:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

What do you mean by:

?

As LJ said, get someone who has memorized the routes to somewhere else to set in the course for there.

Personally, I would recommend pillaging in the area around Alkaid, unless you have some critical reason to be elsewhere. The charts come quickly enough, usually, and you avoid all the congestion found around Admiral. Most of the things you might want to buy from Shoppes are available at Alkaid, and if what you want isn't there, some of us are putting in effort to make sure that they're available at Sayers.

Incidentally, what's your in-game name? I may have the charts you're looking for.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by xelto at Dec 1, 2013 3:05:14 PM]
[Dec 1, 2013 2:03:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lazyboy3

My in game name is Lazyboy.
[Dec 1, 2013 7:01:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gascony

Another alternative is to find a crewbie or hearty who has a chart you need and borrow it. It wears out based on the passage of time, not on how often it's used, so people are often happy to do this.

The advantage of borrowing the chart, as opposed to having someone chart you, is that then you can sail the route back and forth until you've memmed it, then return the chart.
[Dec 6, 2013 8:57:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates