• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 972 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
EmpressTamar

Alchemistry Reply to this Post

I'm ocean-wide legendary in alchemistry. Shouldn't I be getting larger bottles in my boards? I get maybe 1 in 100 boards with mostly 4-color bottles. All the others are a mix of 1-color and 2-color. Is this a bug or are "good" boards supposed to be this rare?

I submitted a petition but Galene's response was, "I can't really give in depth advice or information on puzzle mechanics, because none of that has ever been officially released by the developers."
----------------------------------------
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Nov 3, 2013 10:54:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

Re: Alchemistry Reply to this Post

It's not a bug, it's just the way boards spawn. Alchemistry has a fairly steep curve so even ocean-wide Legendary (which I take to mean you're GM in your archipelago and therefore a fairly low Legendary) isn't high enough to get you the harder boards most of the time. If it concerns you, shop for boards til you find a harder one.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by DementedDuck at Nov 4, 2013 7:43:44 AM]
[Nov 4, 2013 7:40:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

I am legendary in my arch (gull) as well, top ten list shows me as nearly ultimate. I've heard some pirates say "I'm ultimate at X" even though they might live in some obsure corner of the ocean and their true stat is respected or something, which is why I clarified by saying ocean-wide.

It seems like there's something wrong when I spend more time board shopping than I do actually playing the puzzle... but I guess I'll keep doing it until I'm ult. Thanks for the reply. :)
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Edit 2 times, last edit by EmpressTamar at Nov 4, 2013 9:04:17 AM]
[Nov 4, 2013 8:08:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zapadapa

I board shop till I have all 6 colours on the bottom layer so that I have more chance of getting a Cauldron Bubble to start. I don't worry too much about how many layers are in the bottles or about anything much else. Sometimes it doesn't work, most times it does. I am often no. 1 ocean-wide and have won lots of comps with this method.
Zapa of Emerald
[Nov 30, 2013 3:26:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates