• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5269 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
piratejoshh

The Marlowe Cup. Reply to this Post

Marlowe Cup
Inspired by EAC Sayers Rock Cup and The Melbourne Cup

While catching the ferry from Marlowe back home to Sayers Rock I was thinking that things have been far too quiet recently. Great blockades have come and gone and little has been done to entertain the citizens of the islands. As an old salt I remembered back when EAC ran the Sayers Rock Cup and I decided to shamelessly copy their idea. Sadly since EAC's time stormy seas and government neglect have made the race track at Sayers Rock unsafe. In order to ensure that there are no horrific injuries to participants the event has been moved to Marlowe Island.

How to enter:
Pirates should bring their sloops to the non-sinking event blockade on November the 8th at 1pm game time. Sloops will have to navigate obstacles and cross the 30 square blockade board as fast as they can. To enter officers should send a tell with their ship name to Marlowecup at least 10 minutes before the event begins in order to be jobbed into the event crew.

Shinies:
First place will receive 100k, Second place 75k and Third place 50k*. Additionally the owner of the most well groomed/decorated sloop** on the day will receive a pony and there will be additional prizes given out for participation.

If you need help transporting your sloop to Marlowe Island the following pirates have kindly volunteered to assist with charting:
Alpha, Jamesh, Lovewreck, Masters, Misshorsey, Nirwana and Oioinav

I would like to encourage you to purchase sloops, ship feed, paint and decorations nearby on Sayers Rock or Alkaid Island.

A spectator ship with a viewing platform and games tables will be around on the notice board for people to enjoy this spectular event!

*Prizes will be given our per ship. There are no restrictions on additional crew but only one prize will be given to the officer in charge and it is up to them whether to split or hoard the shinies. In the event of a tie prizes will be combined and split between the winning ships.
**Sloops must participate in the race to be considered for additional prizes, limited edition sloops may enter the race but they will not be able to participate in the decorating contest.

Please post questions or register your interest below and feel free to pester Jjosh in game.
----------------------------------------
Jjosh.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by piratejoshh at Nov 5, 2013 10:39:51 AM]
[Oct 25, 2013 4:17:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

Re: The Marlowe Cup. Reply to this Post

Nice event! A couple of questions/clarifications:

1. Will the blockade allow for the use of maneuvers? What about shooting and sinking opponents?

2. What about in the case of teaming, where two flags block the other?

3. Not clearly stated, but will it be a sloop-only event?

4. Only the naver of the participating sloop will have to be jobbed in, correct?

5. Is there a limit to the number of participating sloops per flag?

6. Will there be a pay cap?

Sounds like an interesting event and I'll see whether I can get a team together!
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Squishat at Nov 5, 2013 10:46:39 AM]
[Nov 5, 2013 10:45:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
piratejoshh

Yo ho ho!

The Event Cade will be non-sinking/removal and cannons will be in effect, some bring some shots! Maneuvers also also effective.

I really do want this to be a fair race, If I suspect blocking/teaming it will mean disqualification. I just hope people will come for the fun factor more than the POE.

Sloop only indeed!

Aye, The Naver should contact Marlowecup before hand to register. You will then be sent a message with the low down along with a jobbing offer too the event crew. This allows me to speak to everyone in one place.

Flags may enter as many sloops as they want. Just once again please no teaming, I know this is really hard to police on the board!

A pay cap won't be set. Only 100k is up for grabs for the winner so if they want to pay the jobbers a little extra to hold the Marlowe Cup let them!
Jjosh.
[Nov 5, 2013 11:30:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Congrats to the winners, and I was glad to be able to be on the sloop that came in 3rd. :)
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Nov 8, 2013 1:06:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

Thanks for the event xD It was a lot of fun but it was way too short for my liking :P

Congrats to teams of Cruzo and Factors for taking joint first place. You guys had some crazy tokeners there!

Edit: Also thanks to my team of Masters, Ckmelody and Jamesh, without whom we could not have placed 3rd!
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Squishat at Nov 8, 2013 1:18:22 PM]
[Nov 8, 2013 1:13:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Factor93

Great event.

Couldn't have done it without my awesome team: Daftsadie, Djxe, Dazeyinez, Latix, Thenorth and Randydandy.

Congratulations to Cruzo, Squishat and Spellbinding.

Edit: Don't mind the serious tone xD
Factors on every ocean - Active on Obsidian

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Factor93 at Nov 8, 2013 1:52:37 PM]
[Nov 8, 2013 1:52:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fransil

Screw the poes, i did it coz my crewbie blackmailed me into doing it D:
But gosh yes it was fun.
Also, Classy finish there FActors XD

I think i need a forum pic thingy no one takes me seriously ;x

Cruzo/Fransil/Guardiansav on emerald/meridian. Both oceans like a boss!
Cruzo of Obsidian
(Dead and gone)
[Nov 8, 2013 2:03:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
piratejoshh

Arr! The Marlowe Cup is over for another year!

I would firstly like to thank Misshorsey Alpha, Jamesh, Lovewreck, Masters Nirwana, Oioinav and Galam for charting. A big thank you to everyone who buys from Sayers Rock as most of the event was funded through stalls/shoppes and lastly a big thanks to Bisca and Masters for judging the ships!

As mentioned in the post above! Cruzo and Factors placed joint first both receiving 87.5k. Factors team pulling a Double Forward on the last move nice tokening! Squishat and her team placed third and took the winnings of 50k.

14 out of 15 managed to enter the board at the right time apart from one *Coughs* Cheryl from Black Flag who came back from a turn down to place 5th. Prevailed and friends managed to land himself with worst placing...4th! A big shout to Galam for soloing and still getting fairly high in the ranks! Here is a random screen shot I managed to capture while laughing a lot!

As for the decorating. May I say we have some very creative people on Emerald! We had 7 excellent entrants for the competition. We picked this sloop for being Colourful, Fruitful and it looked like it had time and care spent over object placement. So congratulations Spellbinding for getting a new Pony! A dodgy screenshot can be found Here!

I would like feed back along with any improvement for the event please PM me or leave ideas here! I already have had a suggestion for a similar event with in a BK blockade! Stay tuned and thanks for the fun!
Jjosh.
[Nov 8, 2013 2:39:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spellbinding

Awesome event,my team were awesome Merla, Walker, Orz, Gorbatchef,Sweetbreeze,Samansong. I won most decorated ship and i am sure i came 7th place, twas great event.

Spellbinding of all oceans =)
Yes i am back!!

[Nov 8, 2013 2:52:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

As for the decorating. May I say we have some very creative people on Emerald! We had 7 excellent entrants for the competition. We picked this sloop for being Colourful, Fruitful and it looked like it had time and care spent over object placement. So congratulations Spellbinding for getting a new Pony! A dodgy screenshot can be found Here!

/e approves of decorated sloops! Sorry I wasn't available at the time to enter.

I would like feed back along with any improvement for the event please PM me or leave ideas here! I already have had a suggestion for a similar event with in a BK blockade! Stay tuned and thanks for the fun!

Dodgeball!

That one should be most laps completed, with bonuses for actually sinking any BK ships.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Nov 8, 2013 3:54:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates