• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4472 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Aphrodite
OceanMaster

Weekend Event Feedback: Deadly Lairs, take 2 Reply to this Post

We're running another Deadly Lairs weekend event beginning at 1PM game time. We reviewed the feedback from the last event, and have adjusted the setting for this weekend. Please have some fun smashing monsters, and then let us know how it went.

We'd like your feedback here to be specifically about this weekend. If you have suggestions or feedback about other weekend events, please use this thread.

Thank you!
----------------------------------------
[Sep 27, 2013 12:51:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Re: Weekend Event Feedback: Deadly Lairs, take 2 Reply to this Post

I think you got CI close-- the extra 30 seconds was a good fit for the foraging. You may have been a bit generous on the number of opponents (only one extra, as far as I could tell), but it seemed like the difficulty may have moved up a small level. Not sure about that part.

Oh, and it's definitely the week to get your frenentic, if you don't have it. Near as I could tell, that level didn't change with the extra forage time.*

* Disclaimer: I was busy doing all the other captain-y things, may not have counted precisely.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by xelto at Sep 27, 2013 6:03:06 PM]
[Sep 27, 2013 5:54:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ninty64

Just wanted to comment about how much I like these Weekend Events! They spice things up every weekend, I hope they continue!
Ninty-East - Meridian
Ninty - Cerulean (retired)
[Sep 28, 2013 3:41:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Boyscout9

Oh, and it's definitely the week to get your frenentic, if you don't have it. Near as I could tell, that level didn't change with the extra forage time.*

Very true. Almost all CIs I was on with people who were Brisk having issues getting FF, got it this weekend. I do not think they changed the point total requirement of the trophy, therefore making it easier to get the 15 points by adding more time.
[Sep 28, 2013 8:23:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

So yep. CIs. The 30 seconds of extra foraging results into fun++ and payout++ but uh

It doesn't feel harder at all. Somewhere halfway / two third of the way in, you run into a single extra dude. It's better than getting facerolled by the massive amounts there were last time, but I feel like it was tuned too far into easymode now.
InvisiblePat, (mostly) On the Huntermerald Ocean. Not seen very often there these days.
[Sep 30, 2013 5:15:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Waterspout7

I ran a War Brig Haunted Seas last night and have a very favorable impression of the 'take 2' SMH Event.

Graveyards spawned very quickly, sloops in the zone I was in also spawned faster, and the increase in boarders while noticeable was manageable.

The defeated Graveyards as well ghostly War Brig and Sloop hauls seemed to last longer and clearly generated more chests, albeit one and two locks. My estimate is we generated almost 3 times the one-locks I've done in the past and about 50% more 2-locks. We only hauled a handful of 3-locks but I consider that random luck.

I didn't have a chance to run an Atlantis or partake in a CI so I can't comment on those. But I think the 'take 2' changes were successful in bolstering the risks and rewards in Haunted Seas in an achievable manner.
Waterspout on Cerulean, Captain of the Mad Mutineers
Prince in Flag Otherworld, Governor of Gaea

[Sep 30, 2013 9:32:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penguinbr

I ran 3 or 4 War Brig cit runs in the past weekend and the cit spawn were really fast, sometimes taking two minutes to spawn a new cit spot, I didnt notice if the goons were harder or easier, but my crew could always win at least 70% of the cits. The only thing negative was that the chest spawn wasnt really increased, some cits in Z2 gave me 35 ACs. But it was better than the first one!
Approved
Penguinbr
I don't know you, but I think I hate you

"Decennium says, "I clearly read: Penguin brat lol"
[Sep 30, 2013 1:25:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates