• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1553 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
jlh0605

Swabbies: Post 2013-09-16 Update Reply to this Post

I couldn't think of a more appropriate place to put this, so I put it here. Feel free to move it if necessary.

Forculus, in the release notes, wrote: 
Upon entering a Flotilla, Sea Monster Hunt, or Blockade (non-event), the swabbie count will drop back down to 4

Prior to the update, all ships (except sloops) had 4 swabbies, while sloops had 3. This led me to wonder if you could keep 4 swabbies in a sloop in these environments, or if it "drops back down to" 3.

I soloed a sloop into a flotilla to test this. I can now confirm that only 3 swabbies are allowed when you enter a flotilla on a sloop. I assume that this would apply equally to the other types (SMH, non-event cade), so I updated the Swabbie YPPedia page to reflect this.

Semi-related point:
Quick Definition: I will use the term "Swabbie Crew Cutoff". Hermes defined the "Swabbie Crew Cutoff" as "for every player you fill your boat with over the swabbie crew cutoff, a swabbie will be booted off". (I would add the note that this only applies to yellow-named pirates, not greenies).

Forculus listed the Swabbie Crew Cutoff numbers on Ice at the end of testing. I talked to Clotho (and posted) about it. I have two questions about this Swabbie Crew Cutoff:
1) Is there anywhere (on the forums or YPPedia) developer confirmation that these numbers, from Ice testing, did not change, and thus remain in the game? Or do we need to test?
2) I believe these numbers should be included on YPPedia. If so, where? (Swabbie page makes sense, but it could also be useful to add it to the Ship Template.)

To clarify - I am capable of doing this, but I am asking for opinions on how we should do this.

Edit: Rephrasing, changing words to numbers, links.
Edit: Adding "Crew Cutoff"
----------------------------------------
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Edit 7 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Sep 17, 2013 3:14:27 PM]
[Sep 17, 2013 11:19:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

Re: Swabbies: Post 2013-09-16 Update Reply to this Post

I'd say test it and yes the Swabbie page is the appropriate place.
[Sep 17, 2013 4:30:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Re: Swabbies: Post 2013-09-16 Update Reply to this Post

It's also worth noting that some of the swabbie ship transport numbers have changed as well.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Sep 18, 2013 12:19:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates