• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5318 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Jackarius23

YPP hit by DDOS Reply to this Post

Over the past couple of weeks, Puzzle Pirates has been the target of a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack.

Bet all you people who were whining feel like right scurvy bootyhats now.
----------------------------------------
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

Cleaver is going to strangle all of you.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Prometheus at Sep 12, 2013 5:42:59 PM]
[Sep 12, 2013 5:01:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SailinTony

Re: YPP hit by DDOS Reply to this Post

I would very much like for that to be a safe bet, Kork, but we'll see. I had similar sentiments reading the announcement. It seems reasonable for the YPP staff to be fairly vague when dealing with this type of problem, but that's just my opinion.
Long-dormant Sailintony , Midnight.
Actively Carlbert, Emerald.
[Sep 12, 2013 5:46:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

I kind of felt like it had to be some sort of attack when I tried to check the forum and it bluescreened my whole computer.
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Sep 12, 2013 5:59:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

As some of OOO other projects were still working during this time it was clear what was happening.

Totally understand why noone could say anything, however am a little disappointed that the only "compensation" for the time lost is extension of mystery boxes - something we need to spend cash for. Yes I understand this is not OOO fault, but neither is it the community of YPP players who have lost a lot of time on sub or badge time due to this.
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Sep 12, 2013 10:17:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

however am a little disappointed that the only "compensation" for the time lost is extension of mystery boxes - something we need to spend cash for.

Do you think theyd announce other compensations over the weekend?
Tinycat on Cerulean
Disclaimer: I purposely bring drama into peaceful conversations.
[Sep 12, 2013 11:05:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JJAPS2

Totally understand why noone could say anything, however am a little disappointed that the only "compensation" for the time lost is extension of mystery boxes - something we need to spend cash for. Yes I understand this is not OOO fault, but neither is it the community of YPP players who have lost a lot of time on sub or badge time due to this.

We are working on ways to lessen the blow for our players who have been affected by the downtime, and we'll post more about that here as details become available.

Something tells me that the extension on the mystery boxes isn't the only thing we're going to get. . .they just need to figure out exactly what to do.

Whether or not it's over the weekend is something we just have to wait and see.

At least now the OMs can sleep without fear of death threats.
AHEM.........Mentlegen?

Mentlegen on the Viridian Ocean
[Sep 13, 2013 5:49:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
UJP

As some of OOO other projects were still working during this time it was clear what was happening.

Totally understand why no-one could say anything, however am a little disappointed that the only "compensation" for the time lost is extension of mystery boxes - something we need to spend cash for. Yes I understand this is not OOO fault, but neither is it the community of YPP players who have lost a lot of time on sub or badge time due to this.

I'd like to see additional badge time as compensation even if the problems were not the fault of OOO
The Prettiest Ole Salt on the Ocean
Luvverly / Kowhai / Liljake
**Known by this and other names on various oceans**
[Sep 13, 2013 12:20:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

I'd like to see additional badge time as compensation, even if the problems were not the fault of Three Rings.

That would be fair.

Endorse ++

Franklin
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Sep 13, 2013 12:53:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

I'd like to see additional badge time as compensation, even if the problems were not the fault of Three Rings.

That would be fair.

Endorse ++

Franklin

I vote 3 days sub ;)
Tinycat on Cerulean
Disclaimer: I purposely bring drama into peaceful conversations.
[Sep 13, 2013 4:11:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OtherJenny

That would be fair.

Endorse ++

Franklin

I vote 3 days sub ;)

Yes please +1
UK based so on GMT Time, but Happy to log on @ Silly O Clock for Trades.
Happy to FREE chart Polite Pirates
[Sep 14, 2013 2:22:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

3? We got 7! :D
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Sep 17, 2013 11:26:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

We are disabling rent for a 14-day period on all oceans to help out those pirates whose mercantile efforts were affected by the recent downtime. Rent will be switched back on on October 3rd.

And now us shopkeepers who had a lot of lost sales also get a bit of compensation.
[Sep 19, 2013 5:11:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates