• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1651 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
homullus

NPP Stats Reply to this Post

Do the NPP's stats remain constant? Does the roster of NPP's in the game remain consant? For example, if I find that Dumpy Dirk is an Ultimate Swordsman, and I decide to be anal about it (which I haven't been so far) and write down his notable statistics, would I ever see him again? Or would he be in the game sometimes, but not others?

This anality, aside from being its own reward, would have two benefits: first, when I am looking to hire NPP's, I wouldn't have to pile up Pirate Info windows on the right, nor scour the ship trying to decide which one to fire. I still COULD, but I wouldn't have to. Sometimes I think one would be faster, sometimes the other. Second, when swordfighting, I would know which of the opposition were opponents to be reckoned with, and could strategize accordingly to my tastes (I'm not a fan of going after the strongest first, but that's just me).
[Jan 19, 2003 12:37:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Re: NPP Stats Reply to this Post

I thought about the exact same thing too mate.

Partly so I can just recognize the NPPs as I walk around.

But actually mostly because, as it is their skills show going up while pillaging with players, but the actual skills are the ones they were "born" with. So over time you loose track of how good/bad an NPP really was.
----------------------------------------
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Jan 19, 2003 2:45:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cryptic

Arrr... I've been hoping it's not as this leads to hoarding of skilled npps.

I havn't been following for the main discussions for a while but maybe (if this hasn't already been suggested) mutiny could be based on the number of turns your npp crew have been stuck aboard a vessel without having had the chance to dock in any port.
Cryptic

When the fell moon rises and kingdoms fall
There's a time of darkness before cock's call
When the Tide washes in from windward to lee
And she leaves behind her a blood-red sea
[Jan 19, 2003 2:47:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

NPPs Reply to this Post

There is a pool of NPPs and their skills do stay the same, although their ratings change as they job and sail with players (in particular swordfighting is subject to this right now, but will not be when we cease rating swordfighting in boarding battles). So you could keep notes on who is good.

As for hoarding we're taking some fairly drastic steps to make sure that NPPs get off ships more often than they do now, including bringing boats back to port when they're abandoned at Sea. So I'm not too concerned about hoarding. We shall see.

- Cleaver
[Jan 20, 2003 3:00:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Cryptic

Good 'cause I needs some discipline to keep me 'onest!
Cryptic

When the fell moon rises and kingdoms fall
There's a time of darkness before cock's call
When the Tide washes in from windward to lee
And she leaves behind her a blood-red sea
[Jan 20, 2003 4:15:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates