• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1673 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Sparrowtjee

Daily Task System

Dear Pirates.

Today i was thinking about what would be a nice extra to the game.

When you log in There should be a message like today this are your daily's:

Go on a Expediton 0/1
Get a Good ranking or above 30 times 0/30
Haul A sunken ship in flotilla 0/1
Get a Incredible 0/1

This are Very simple tasks but we can all think of more tasks that we can complete on a daily base and after we completed these task there should be a reward Poe/Treasure Chest
The More Poe you recieve depends on how hard the task is

I hope you guys like this idea :)

Sparrowtjee
[Aug 28, 2013 7:09:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JJAPS2

Re: Daily Task System

The biggest problem with this is abuse by alt accounts. What prevents someone from just making a bunch of accounts just to do the dailies for extra poe?

(Also, why would we need such a system? If the only reason someone is playing is to do dailies, then should we really want to keep that person? If not, then why do this?)

Also, I think there's another thread about this somewhere in GD. But I'll let someone else find that.
----------------------------------------
AHEM.........Mentlegen?

Mentlegen on the Viridian Ocean
[Aug 28, 2013 8:39:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sparrowtjee

That something i dind't think about maybe we should make a different kind of reward something non-tradeable that can be used up in a store.

We want to keep the pirates on the ocean and maybe during this task system they dont lose the interest in the game.
[Aug 28, 2013 8:50:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JJAPS2

That something i dind't think about maybe we should make a different kind of reward something non-tradeable

See Seals of Piracy.

that can be used up in a store.

What do you mean by this?

We want to keep the pirates on the ocean and maybe during this task system they dont lose the interest in the game.

See Thread here:

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=194562

Although not similar enough, in my opinion, to release the Faulkston, it has a similar goal: encourage players to play on a daily basis for in-game rewards.

Off Topic: Release the Faulkston. . .has a good ring to it.
AHEM.........Mentlegen?

Mentlegen on the Viridian Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by JJAPS2 at Aug 28, 2013 9:19:29 AM]
[Aug 28, 2013 9:18:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darom

They have this feature on a lot of games now, like Halo. It's cool because it gives you objectives that are easy to complete and rewarding.

In Halo, though, they give you experience. Since you don't level up in this game, the only other rewards would be trophies, items, and/or PoE. This means it could be abused by alts.
[Aug 28, 2013 10:49:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sparrowtjee

That something i dind't think about maybe we should make a different kind of reward something non-tradeable

See Seals of Piracy. I meant a kind of token that could be spended

that can be used up in a store.

What do you mean by this? This Lets say special tokens and a special shop for this kind of tokens to Buy something like design or special furnite or clothing

See Thread here:

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=194562

Although not similar enough, in my opinion, to release the Faulkston, it has a similar goal: encourage players to play on a daily basis for in-game rewards.

Off Topic: Release the Faulkston. . .has a good ring to it.

I will read that topic some other time don't got much time on my hands now
[Aug 28, 2013 11:26:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sparrowtjee

They have this feature on a lot of games now, like Halo. It's cool because it gives you objectives that are easy to complete and rewarding.

In Halo, though, they give you experience. Since you don't level up in this game, the only other rewards would be trophies, items, and/or PoE. This means it could be abused by alts.

We should create something that can't be abused
[Aug 28, 2013 11:27:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darom

We should create something that can't be abused

It would have to be non-tradeable. If it can't be traded, it can't be lost unless it ages or is the cost of something. The only thing I can think of that like would be a special, third kind of currency, or trinkets for recipes.

Even so, the people with more characters are going to have an advantage over those who use less.
[Aug 28, 2013 11:30:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zoutje

No support, could be abused by alts and I personally get bored of these daily tasks on all the other games I've played.
Zoutje of the Emerald Ocean :)
[Aug 28, 2013 12:18:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sparrowtjee

It should be like a third kind of currency so people can buy special kind of swords or furnite with it

Example:
200 daily tickets Throne of Zeus
Some new items only retrieve able through this store
[Aug 28, 2013 12:39:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sparrowtjee

To make it so only 1 alt can get tickets each day
[Aug 28, 2013 12:40:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darom

It should be like a third kind of currency so people can buy special kind of swords or furnite with it

Example:

Then people who have alts will be able to buy multiple Thrones of Zeus, when others who only play on one pirate will be able to buy only one.
[Aug 28, 2013 12:40:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sparrowtjee

Example:

Then people who have alts will be able to buy multiple Thrones of Zeus, when others who only play on one pirate will be able to buy only one.

Yes that is true, there is noway around that it is a very hard problem to tackle But there should be a sulution i think so
But what do you guys think about the system it self besides the reward part?
[Aug 28, 2013 1:10:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

I use an off-game task system and give myself rewards for completing the tasks. I don't see why it's necessary to add this feature to the game, as there's already a similar monthly task for rewards. (the monthly seal)
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Scythera <3
[Aug 28, 2013 4:38:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

I use an off-game task system and give myself rewards for completing the tasks.

May I ask what exactly you are referring to? (Or is this just a list you made yourself?)
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Aug 28, 2013 4:43:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

A to-do chrome add-on in which I might have certain reoccurring tasks (go on four cit runs), and daily unique tasks (move stock from A to B for ship C, memorize route from D to E, redesign room F in my house, get E amount of patch tokens, two new trophies.) I think you get the idea.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Scythera <3
[Aug 28, 2013 4:58:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Cool :)
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Aug 28, 2013 5:12:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates