• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1254 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Magriel

Distilling Scoring Curve Reply to this Post

I believe the current distilling scoring on Emerald ocean, where one needs CC13 (or CC12 with lots of spices) to score Incredible is ridiculously difficult. The causes of this have been discussed and do not deserve redundant mention here.

I will make an alt that will do nothing but play distilling sessions without moving any pieces in an attempt to lower this difficulty. I will operate this alt whenever I am physically at this computer.

As far as I know, this does not violate the Terms of Service, as I will play the puzzle manually, and I am not exploiting any game mechanics for personal gain.

If you support this idea, I invite you to do the same thing as me. If you disagree with what I do, you are free to. If, and only if, an Oceanmaster informs me that this behavior is against the Terms of Service, I will stop doing it.
[Aug 22, 2013 2:23:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: Distilling Scoring Curve Reply to this Post

It is against the TOS and you're a jerk for even suggesting it, especially encouraging others to break the TOS with you. I hope the OMs come down on you hard.

inb4lock
----------------------------------------
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Aug 22, 2013 2:27:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I will make an alt that will do nothing but play distilling sessions without moving any pieces in an attempt to lower this difficulty. I will operate this alt whenever I am physically at this computer.

The scoring curve is defined by the current internal standing value of *pirates* that have played the puzzle in the last 10 days. Individual puzzle sessions only influence the scoring curve indirectly, by influencing your standing. So doing lots of puzzles isn't any better than doing it once a week.

As far as I know, this does not violate the Terms of Service, as I will play the puzzle manually, and I am not exploiting any game mechanics for personal gain.

Yeah, manipulating the scoring curve *may* be objectionable to OOO. Instead, you should make lots of alts that puzzle to earn PoE once a week on the free puzzle day. Earning PoE isn't objectionable and lots and lots of shopkeepers do that very thing every week.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Aug 22, 2013 3:47:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

I did try to warn people... (almost ten years ago!)
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Aug 22, 2013 10:47:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

I did try to warn people... (almost ten years ago!)

You did, and you were spot on.
[Aug 23, 2013 2:54:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates