• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 25
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4173 times and has 24 replies Next Thread
Empatheticly

Game Records Reply to this Post

This forum is meant for questions and concerns regarding the Yppedia page entitled "Records," which has been recently established by myself:

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Records

This page is an inter-ocean record-keeping article to immortalize current pirates and their greatest feats!

Any questions, comments, and/or concerns should be posted here. Much thanks!
----------------------------------------
I do what I can, when I can.

- Empathetic,
Still playing, here and there.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Empatheticly at Aug 16, 2013 8:26:22 PM]
[Aug 15, 2013 3:35:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Re: Game Records Reply to this Post

I don't know if there is a dedicated place for records, but I do know of this one YPPedia page for familiar records. It can be found here.
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Aug 15, 2013 4:51:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

I don't know if there is a dedicated place for records, but I do know of this one YPPedia page for familiar records. It can be found here.

I know that this one exists, but I also know it to be outdated and so hard to keep up with all the fams these days.

I was looking towards the idea/consensus/thoughts/questions about starting a page on game-wide records. (Verified by screenshot of course.)

I'm looking for records that can be broken any day of the week too, not records like "First Ghostling winner," one that can never be broken again.

I am glad you pointed that page out, because I think that's the only page I know for records, and (as I previously said) it is completely outdated.

One idea is for the screenshots threads, we can already comb through them and get a few records going, because I know people like to show off there, mostly AC/SC totals and whatnot.
We could make the potential record-setters post there if they think they have a new record, because it's already in existence and I see no point to start another screenshot thread since we already have one. Again, more thoughts, I want to hear people's opinions about this.

- Empathetic,
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Empatheticly at Aug 15, 2013 5:20:05 PM]
[Aug 15, 2013 5:17:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Oh alright. I see what you mean then.

And the idea of an active record page is good. I agree. :D
[Aug 15, 2013 5:20:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Oh alright. I see what you mean then.

And the idea of an active record page is good. I agree. :D

I guess I can start on it while we have questions/proposed ideas. Not like I'm doing anything important with my time. xD

Edit 1: Starting it here: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Records

Edit 2: Page is up and running, now the hard part begins combing through screenshots.

- Empathetic,
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Empatheticly at Aug 15, 2013 7:33:05 PM]
[Aug 15, 2013 5:25:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nick1825

Not going to lie this is pretty cool now cant wait till its finished!
Icyman/hadesx
[Aug 16, 2013 2:01:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Thus upping the ante for screenshot doctoring to reap more benefits than ever before.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Aug 16, 2013 2:40:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Thus upping the ante for screenshot doctoring to reap more benefits than ever before.

If it's even questionable it won't be added. I think there was a situation in Emerald parley with a guy whom had 108 tokens in a bilging segment. He was called out, and after much investigation by Yassenn and others, we easily figured out it was a fake.

There's much more reward in pushing others to be the best and break records, we, the people, get to reap these benefits.

- Empathetic,
[Aug 16, 2013 4:22:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Just a note on the links, before you go any further (and having learned the hard way) use the envelope-looking icon in the bottom right corner of a post instead of the 'link' button on the bottom right. The link button is inaccurate for players that have set a different number of posts per page than you, while the envelope takes everyone directly to the correct post. The link you use should have a "p=" number in the URL instead of "offset="
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Aug 16, 2013 4:23:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Just a note on the links, before you go any further (and having learned the hard way) use the envelope-looking icon in the bottom right corner of a post instead of the 'link' button on the bottom right. The link button is inaccurate for players that have set a different number of posts per page than you, while the envelope takes everyone directly to the correct post. The link you use should have a "p=" number in the URL instead of "offset="

Ahh, thank you so much, that really, really helped!

- Empathetic,
[Aug 16, 2013 7:35:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

No worries. Glad you found it even with me getting my lefts and rights confused :)
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Aug 16, 2013 8:16:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

No worries. Glad you found it even with me getting my lefts and rights confused :)

It took me a second, but the way you described it made sense. :P
I think the page is near perfect now. Just need OM approval and we'll get a lot more input to this page in the next few days. Thanks for your assistance guys!

- Empathetic,
[Aug 16, 2013 8:25:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

I think the page is near perfect now. Just need OM approval and we'll get a lot more input to this page in the next few days. Thanks for your assistance guys!

Hmm One suggestion. Maybe the page should look neater. As of now, it is quite hard to read because it is quite text heavy. If I have time this weekend, I may sandbox up an alternative way of displaying the info.

Dunno
[Aug 16, 2013 8:43:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Hmm One suggestion. Maybe the page should look neater. As of now, it is quite hard to read because it is quite text heavy. If I have time this weekend, I may sandbox up an alternative way of displaying the info.

Dunno

I tried to do what was most simple, if you think there are much better ways, by all means, please do. I wouldn't mind columns, but I alas do not know how to do that.

- Empathetic,
[Aug 16, 2013 9:01:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Clotho also has just notified me that this page will be available to stay as long as it is regularly updated. I will try my best to keep that up!

- Empathetic,
[Aug 16, 2013 9:47:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Meh I had time tonight, so I tried messing around with it. Here is what I was able to come with. My wiki skillz do not include column stuffz, so this was the best I could do. Thoughts? Feel free to edit my sandbox.

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/User:Twittly/Sandbox
[Aug 16, 2013 11:04:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Meh I had time tonight, so I tried messing around with it. Here is what I was able to come with. My wiki skillz do not include column stuffz, so this was the best I could do. Thoughts? Feel free to edit my sandbox.

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/User:Twittly/Sandbox

I like it, the only thing I would suggest is to make the font a little smaller for the actual records. The title of the section should not be the same size as the sentences, it should be bigger. xD
But thanks, it looks very polished. Nice job! Very pro.

Edit: I think we should keep the contents slim though, it seems like we're just rereading what we have down lower with the records. Simple, clean, and make them scroll down to read! But again, thanks for giving it a go, I really like what I see.

- Empathetic,
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Empatheticly at Aug 17, 2013 12:17:57 AM]
[Aug 17, 2013 12:07:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

By the way, whoever replaced my dashes with the appropriate bullet points, thank you, it looks even nicer now. You are awesome.

- Empathetic,
[Aug 17, 2013 12:19:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Couple of questions/thoughts:

Do you intend on going through the old locked screenie threads pre-merger?

What about blockade records pre-merger?
(*see Folie Circulaire: On May 23rd 2009, Folie Circulaire made Midnight blockading history. With their victories at Guava XII and Jorvik XXIII [7] and their successful defenses at Cnossos XII, Delta IX, and Beta V Folie Circulaire became the first flag to hold five large islands at the same time.) I am only slightly familiar with Midnight history, but I would have thought there were flags who held more larges on the green oceans at one time as well.

Or is that record only for current island holdings? (Perhaps there should be another category?)

You link to posts that have screenshots, but what if the pirate stops playing, or decides to discontinue hosting the picture? What will you do in regards to 'proof' then?

Food for thought is all :)

*edit to add:
Also from way back: Dacheat's sailing tokens : 246 if I counted correctly.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at Aug 17, 2013 10:36:31 AM]
[Aug 17, 2013 10:11:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Couple of questions/thoughts:

Do you intend on going through the old locked screenie threads pre-merger?

What about blockade records pre-merger?
(*see Folie Circulaire: On May 23rd 2009, Folie Circulaire made Midnight blockading history. With their victories at Guava XII and Jorvik XXIII [7] and their successful defenses at Cnossos XII, Delta IX, and Beta V Folie Circulaire became the first flag to hold five large islands at the same time.) I am only slightly familiar with Midnight history, but I would have thought there were flags who held more larges on the green oceans at one time as well.

Or is that record only for current island holdings? (Perhaps there should be another category?)

You link to posts that have screenshots, but what if the pirate stops playing, or decides to discontinue hosting the picture? What will you do in regards to 'proof' then?

Food for thought is all :)

*edit to add:
Also from way back: Dacheat's sailing tokens : 246 if I counted correctly.

I thought that this query would arise. My suggestion is, and I know that a lot of these records have been broken, repost these screenshots in the current threads to redeem it's worth. It was tedious enough to comb through over 250 pages of screenshots, I can't imagine combing through another 6-7 years of those.
I know it's a terrible answer to say "I'm too lazy to go through the other threads," but for the sake of my sanity, I will suggest all others who feel like some record has been broken to please repost in the correlating thread (IE if it's a Midnight Ocean record, post in the Cerulean screenshot thread). Thanks for that very important question, Dexla!

As for the blockade question, I know that there are definitely flags that held more than this, and I do want to include pre-merger. However, no screenshots have been taken to prove this with the current screenshot threads, so as of now I decided to use current flag statuses. I was honestly thinking of leaving it blank seeing as there were no screenshots, but I felt that that did not look too good. If you do have screenshots, which I can see you clearly do, please post them. :D (Edit to clarify, this record is meant for all time, not just current. BUT WE NEED SCREENIES)

If someone does take down a picture or a rotten link arises, they forfeit that record, and sooner or later someone will reset that. I think in the rare case that this does happen, we will leave it blank or ask the person, if still active, to appropriately fix it.

Thank you again with your fantastic questions, Dexla, they really are helpful!

EDIT: I am going to add in here, that if you do know a record being broken, please repost it, I know there was a lot of text here, so that's what I want you, the reader, to do for it to be added to the Records page.

- Empathetic,
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Empatheticly at Aug 17, 2013 2:20:37 PM]
[Aug 17, 2013 2:05:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

I believe the tokens of Dacheat's sailing is from when the DR accumulated them over multiple segments.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Aug 17, 2013 4:28:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

As much as I like being on this page, I think Yoshia of Meridian has had more patching tokens than me. Gotta catch him online to confirm his actual score though, I'm good at not being able to time well apparently <_<

Edit: Got him, though it's A video, not a screenshot. 54 tokens in one segment.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by patgangster at Aug 21, 2013 8:10:13 PM]
[Aug 21, 2013 7:52:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maitredodo

Hoi guys,

Just wondering if I can add some Opal records, since there are a few where we still beat you ;)

Just got to find them.... , here is the screenie thread: Opal Screenie Thread

See Ya
Masterdodo on Opal/Emerald
Atlantis, what else?
[Aug 23, 2013 11:15:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

I am going to attempt to check the screenies monthly to update this page. So if you do have a record set in the past month, it will be recorded near the 1st of this month.

As for the Opal question, if you think you have a record being set, post the link for the picture here.

- Empathetic,
[Sep 2, 2013 12:15:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Robyand

Anyone knows who has a record for trophies?
[Oct 8, 2013 12:36:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates