• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1068 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Karnisov

Ipad launch has already fizzled out Reply to this Post

great job OOO, you validated my prediction that this would flop. much as you have botched other initiatives in the past, you stayed consistent and delivered a buggy product that was not ready for release, souring the users' highly important first impression.

honestly, it's just as well you turned them off before they got heavily invested and found out about the myriad accessibility problems that you still haven't even tried to address.

i'm looking forward to further lost-cause initiatives that Cleaver will think up while continuing to ignore the real issues facing the game. it provides me with material to post threads like this.
----------------------------------------
Karnisov
flinging poo on the forums because its more fun than playing your broken game
[Aug 14, 2013 11:27:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Ipad launch has already fizzled out Reply to this Post

Betting against a new product is always the safe bet. There is a slim chance with the Android launch, things will be somewhat playable on the tablet and we will get a more lasting boost. I certainly hope we do. The fact that OOO hasn't released it yet is a very good sign in my opinion. Making a new GUI for an old system is ->*HARD*<- and time consuming.

That said, you were far from alone in pointing out that if the core game isn't playable, the boost will be fleeting. As I said before the iPad release, they need to fix this stuff *now*, before the sour more people.

I really hope pushing the new GUI onto PC users doesn't kill the game.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Aug 14, 2013 12:29:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karnisov

Algol wrote: 

That said, you were far from alone in pointing out that if the core game isn't playable, the boost will be fleeting. As I said before the iPad release, they need to fix this stuff *now*, before the sour more people.

I really hope pushing the new GUI onto PC users doesn't kill the game.

OOO hasn't listened to us before though, so why should they start listening now? facing the fact that they can't prioritize or design would require a measure of objectivity on their part. it's much easier for OOO to keep deluding themselves than face the hard truth.

and as far as the new GUI, i'm sure Cleaver will blindly trudge ahead with his grand vision no matter how much damage it inflicts on the ever dwindling playerbase.
Karnisov
flinging poo on the forums because its more fun than playing your broken game
[Aug 14, 2013 12:39:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julaxis

Cleaver hasn't been in charge of any games development under OOO let alone Y!PP for quite a long time.
Formerly Julaxis of the Viridian and Malachite Oceans
[Dec 11, 2013 11:54:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates