• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 343 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Exiled741

Free SMH days Reply to this Post

Have you ever wanted to move to a new ocean but lacked the funds to buy your subscription/dubloons and simply stayed where you are because you didn't want to pilly over there?

Have you ever wanted a friend from another ocean to come and hunt those monster with you without having to fork out some cold hard cash?

Well, if OOO could make a free day for CI's (Let's say Monday) Haunted Sea's (Wednesday) and Atlantis (Friday) then you could.

"But Ex, surely OOO would lose money if everyone could do their favorite SMH for free"

I think those players who already play the game unsubscribed/Pilly for dubs are the only ones this will benefit in those respects. And if a player moves ocean say from dub to sub ocean (or vice versa) then a player is more likely to purchase their time/dubs after meeting a few friends onboard a ship.

(This article is to coexist with my many ways to help repopulate Cerulean - If you leave the ocean because it's underpopulated, you make yourself part of the problem and not part of the solution.)

Thanks for reading
----------------------------------------
Rocking cerulean as Exclude
Good ol' Pillars of Meridian
That guy Idealism of Emerald

Now, I realise that I am not a perfect individual, as a I am somewhat of a barrelstopper
- Majorjr

Looking for an Avatar, drop me a pm or
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Exiled741 at Aug 10, 2013 3:32:04 AM]
[Aug 10, 2013 3:31:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: Free SMH days Reply to this Post

In other words, you want to have three days out of the week when pillaging crews will get zero jobbers? NO THANKS!

Pillaging has always been the central activity on Puzzle Pirates, Three Rings has always professed their desire to keep it central, and this is a step in the wrong direction.
Senior officer, Dynamite Residue.
Governor emeritus of Amity Island.
[Aug 10, 2013 1:38:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

I considered this idea as well, but the main problem is that it would cause the same problems that blockades do on weekends, sucking up all the jobbers so there are none left for ordinary pillages.
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

Cleaver is going to strangle all of you.

[Aug 10, 2013 2:00:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Exiled741

Okay, I understand where you guys are coming from. Pillaging should be an important part of the game but it's not profitable enough. I spent 45 minutes trying to load on Meridian earlier and I'm renowned Bnav, I couldn't get anyone (Despite it being an interarch with only 7% restocking cut/Jobber delight)

So perhaps creating the free day for SMH's and at the same time, upping pillage pay outs. You seemed to have forgotten LJ that some people don't have the time/get the same enjoyment out of SMH as they do pillaging.

These are only idea's but something needs to be done to combat the all round decline of players on the ocean (Considering Sega seem too cheap to do any real marketing)
Rocking cerulean as Exclude
Good ol' Pillars of Meridian
That guy Idealism of Emerald

Now, I realise that I am not a perfect individual, as a I am somewhat of a barrelstopper
- Majorjr

Looking for an Avatar, drop me a pm or
[Aug 10, 2013 4:23:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

I spent 45 minutes trying to load on Meridian earlier and I'm renowned Bnav, I couldn't get anyone (Despite it being an interarch with only 7% restocking cut/Jobber delight)

And adding free SMH days will make this even worse. There needs to be ways to make pillage look like a better option, rather than add more alternatives that takes away all the jobbers.
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Aug 10, 2013 5:22:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Increasing pillage payouts is a bad idea on top of a bad idea that has already been debunked. If you increase payouts then you merely increase inflation, and nobody wins.
Senior officer, Dynamite Residue.
Governor emeritus of Amity Island.
[Aug 10, 2013 6:46:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates