• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 22108 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
majestrate

Re: Ocean population stats Reply to this Post

Are the numbers in this order:

<old population> - <new population> = <current population> <+/- growth %>

Or is it:

<new population> - <old population> = <current population> <+/- growth %>

I think it's the latter, but that seems silly to me, so I want to verify.
----------------------------------------
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Jul 15, 2016 9:21:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Sorry the program isn't clearer, I wrote it for my own amusement. (for example, the colonized island totals at the end have nothing to do with population, but I wanted to know to update the yppedia.)

So, it is <new population> - <old population = <change in population>

The percents only show up if there numbers are "big enough", I don't remember what the threshold is.

Also, the "*" by the island sizes denotes ringer controlled islands
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jul 15, 2016 12:38:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Sorry the program isn't clearer, I wrote it for my own amusement. (for example, the colonized island totals at the end have nothing to do with population, but I wanted to know to update the yppedia.)

So, it is <new population> - <old population = <change in population>

The percents only show up if there numbers are "big enough", I don't remember what the threshold is.

Also, the "*" by the island sizes denotes ringer controlled islands

duh, yeah, I meant change in population. I was doing the subtraction in my head so I was seeing the result but thinking what the population would be.

In any case, thanks for clarifying
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Jul 15, 2016 6:44:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Are you still running numbers on the oceans? Have you done any analysis since obsidian has launched?

Obsidian Launched on June 2017 dividing the player base. Since then Emerald has seen a loss of roughly 230 players.

Obsidian spiked an amazing numbers but from the Launch to current day has seen a decline of roughly 50 players.

The game overall seems to have maintained its base of roughly 400 players who are split on the two oceans making it difficult to play a game that requires players.

It is really hard to determine which ocean has the most activity as the same people are playing on both oceans.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Feb 17, 2018 6:34:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

The game overall seems to have maintained its base of roughly 400 players who are split on the two oceans making it difficult to play a game that requires players.

Steam Spy can give a decent insight to how many real people are playing the game.

If you take in to consideration that the stats are based on actual Steam accounts, and therefore are significantly higher than the actual number of "real people", you get a picture of the number of active players over any given 2-week period.

Unfortunately this is only reliable for Obsidian, but it gives a level of insight we didn't have until Dark Seas went Steam-only.
[Feb 17, 2018 7:32:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates