• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1208 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Rengor

Sea Battle and token creation Reply to this Post

Just took a crew of 5 Mad Mutineers out to do some pillaging.

It struck me that 4 players on sailing is just not enough to create tokens to catch up with the large sloops. Granted one member was new and a couple not all that old yet, but that should still be possible?

Now NPPs on the other hand are glorious token creators. Just one NPP with decent to low sailing skill is usually enough to get your tokens fast enough.

The balance needs to be corrected. NPPs should probably be slower at creating tokens. And the tokens created by players should be higher (perhaps 2 per platform?).

It should be preferable to want players onboard and not NPPs!

Also, the 3 ships are wildly different to chase. The brig will run out of tokens after 3-5 turns. The large sloop will always get 4 tokens and is really hard to catch. And the small sloop will usually run more slowly after 5-6 turns.
The small sloop is nicely balanced. But the other two needs adjustment.
----------------------------------------
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Jan 18, 2003 11:20:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
3eyedSusy

Re: Sea Battle and token creation Reply to this Post

I agree that the balance needs to be corrected with the npps.

wildeyedjack
[Jan 18, 2003 7:52:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Re: Sea Battle and token creation Reply to this Post

Some additions to that.

I went out sailing last night with some really experienced crewmembers.
That did make quite a difference and we were able to keep token creations at a good speed.

Also we had to take on an NPP a couple of times, and they do need medium to good skill to create tokens at a reasonable speed on their own (still way faster than one player) but not quite as good as I described earlier.
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Jan 19, 2003 2:39:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

NPP and ship balancing Reply to this Post

Thank you for pointing this out. This is something we're still trying to balance and it will probably be tweaked right up until the end.
Certainly players should be preferable to NPPs. It hasn't been discussed, but I am of the opinion that there just shouldn't be hireable NPPs at the Legendary or Ultimate level. What has been discussed is maybe having high-skill NPPs be aware of their value and charge accordingly.
NPP-controlled ships are always an issue. There are so many factors in ship behavior that tweaking the differences is an incredibly fine problem. But now it's a problem that we have more information about. Thank you.

-Nemo
[Jan 19, 2003 4:23:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates