• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 22
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3720 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
Chavez67

How long do these Limited Edition thingies last? Reply to this Post

So yeah, I installed the ipad app (nice job OOO, well done, half a decade late but better than never) and started looking around. Can't complain much, it's a robust game, yay that they finally installed a gunning speed slider.

But yeah, so uhh, the Alice Class Sloop is the coolest thing I've ever seen in my entire life and I want to buy one, but the price seems marginally outrageous, so I'd like to let the costs cool down a tad. But it says "Limited Edition." How limited is "Limited" exactly? Do I need to buy one by the end of July?
----------------------------------------

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Jul 20, 2013 10:02:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vireyda

Re: How long do these Limited Edition thingies last? Reply to this Post

I believe they're available from the shipwrights until the end of August.
Vireyda
Midnight Cerulean
SO of Phire Phoenix

KP PIMPED my Avvie!
[Jul 20, 2013 10:09:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

Historically it's been a month. This one is a month and a half (end of August). The time is stated on the noticeboard whenever there is an LE item or promotion.

The price won't go down a lot because the 40 dubs won't change and the commodities are quite expensive.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Jul 21, 2013 4:12:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

So yeah, I installed the ipad app (nice job OOO, well done, half a decade late but better than never)

So, you think OOO should have released YPP for the iPad two years before the first iPad was released? Never mind such pesky details as Apple not supporting Java until this year. You have some high expectations.

I want to buy one, but the price seems marginally outrageous, so I'd like to let the costs cool down a tad. But it says "Limited Edition." How limited is "Limited" exactly? Do I need to buy one by the end of July?

BobJanova is right about the high cost of commods and dub charges both directly for the ship, but also for the paint that goes into making them.

So far, OOO has never repeated a "limited edition" ship, so if you don't buy one now, there is a good chance you will have to pay higher prices from a collector later.

In a few cases, LE ships have been popular enough that the price never dropped much and went up slightly right before they ended. This doesn't appear to be the case with this LE ship though.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jul 21, 2013 4:54:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OtherJenny

So yeah, I installed the ipad app (nice job OOO, well done, half a decade late but better than never)

So, you think OOO should have released YPP for the iPad two years before the first iPad was released? Never mind such pesky details as Apple not supporting Java until this year. You have some high expectations.

I want to buy one, but the price seems marginally outrageous, so I'd like to let the costs cool down a tad. But it says "Limited Edition." How limited is "Limited" exactly? Do I need to buy one by the end of July?

BobJanova is right about the high cost of commods and dub charges both directly for the ship, but also for the paint that goes into making them.

So far, OOO has never repeated a "limited edition" ship, so if you don't buy one now, there is a good chance you will have to pay higher prices from a collector later.

In a few cases, LE ships have been popular enough that the price never dropped much and went up slightly right before they ended. This doesn't appear to be the case with this LE ship though.

Well this LE Shipy also uses 3 Gold on top of the paint and being that this ship has no connection with the pirate world it’s a bit Marmite you love it or hate it.
I can see this ship being stockpiled for future sales.
But I must add the work the devs have done on this ship is awesome. Please could we have the Bookcase for sale at Furniture Stalls/Shoppes for the time of the ship sale? This would help move PoE around the oceans. All future LE ships that odd bit of furniture that pirates would like to purchase, it would help everyone if we could buy even if it’s just for the life of the ship (seasonal). Every stall would benefit and we little pirates that just like nice home furnishing would be happy also.
UK based so on GMT Time, but Happy to log on @ Silly O Clock for Trades.
Happy to FREE chart Polite Pirates
[Jul 21, 2013 6:09:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Please could we have the Bookcase for sale at Furniture Stalls/Shoppes for the time of the ship sale? This would help move PoE around the oceans. All future LE ships that odd bit of furniture that pirates would like to purchase, it would help everyone if we could buy even if it?s just for the life of the ship (seasonal). Every stall would benefit and we little pirates that just like nice home furnishing would be happy also.

Yes, please.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jul 21, 2013 9:37:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Never mind such pesky details as Apple not supporting Java until this year.

Wait what. What is this about Apple and Java? /e is pretty sure the iPad does not have Java... Unless I have been living under a rock the past year.
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Jul 21, 2013 6:47:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Never mind such pesky details as Apple not supporting Java until this year.

Wait what. What is this about Apple and Java? /e is pretty sure the iPad does not have Java... Unless I have been living under a rock the past year.

Well, I should not have said that Apple now supports Java, it is more like Google does. Or at least that's what Cleaver says, I don't follow that kind of stuff:

Cleaver wrote: 
- With respect to Java, the source code of the client remains in Java. We are using a nifty open-source technology begun by Google called PlayN (we have a working branch). We used this for Spellwood and we're using it for Puzzle Pirates tablet and an unannounced project. PlayN allows us to keep writing Java and deploy on iOS, Android and perhaps one day HTML5 (we have this working for Spellwood in an experimental form).

But, anyway, this is new and something that OOO could not have done until recently.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jul 21, 2013 7:17:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Please could we have the Bookcase for sale at Furniture Stalls/Shoppes for the time of the ship sale? This would help move PoE around the oceans. All future LE ships that odd bit of furniture that pirates would like to purchase, it would help everyone if we could buy even if it?s just for the life of the ship (seasonal). Every stall would benefit and we little pirates that just like nice home furnishing would be happy also.

I want! :D
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Jul 21, 2013 7:20:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

But, anyway, this is new and something that OOO could not have done until recently.

Weird.

If they could have just bowed up and rebuilt the client in something less clunky than Java back at the beginning, PP could have dominated the puzzle market on Ipad. As it is now, if you punch "puzzle pirates" into the search engine, you get about a thousand hits of very similar looking games.

/shrug.

Whatever, I'm not hating, just want to buy me a sloop with a hidden island on it. That's too cool.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Jul 22, 2013 11:06:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

Apple only let you use Objective C, a crap (even worse than Java) and non-portable language, to begin with.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Jul 22, 2013 3:23:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

wrs1864b wrote: 
So, you think OOO should have released YPP for the iPad two years before the first iPad was released?

Yes. They just weren't trying hard enough.
[Jul 22, 2013 7:58:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

Frumious Bandersnatch tarts .

Hell yeah Rogue Points.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Galene at Jul 22, 2013 8:58:57 PM]
[Jul 22, 2013 8:08:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Frumious Bandersnatch...

Bravo! ;-D

/e salutes you!
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Jul 22, 2013 8:13:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

So yeah, apparently if you brag with the word that starts with a 'b' on the forums and don't instead substitute that word with the word 'tarts' you get banned for a day.

That's umm, new.

Ok.

Adjusting.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Jul 22, 2013 9:08:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

So yeah, apparently if you brag with the word that starts with a 'b' on the forums and don't instead substitute that word with the word 'tarts' you get banned for a day.

That's umm, new.

Not new. Just not enforced as often as it once was.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jul 23, 2013 5:08:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

Roger.

..adjusting..

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Jul 23, 2013 6:10:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

This is the first time I've heard someone say they got banned from the forum for a day though. Perhaps the OMs are getting tired of people blatantly ignoring that rule? :P
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Jul 23, 2013 11:13:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

I believe Chavez meant he got an in game ban for a day. I've heard of it happening recently to someone else... so I guess they're enforcing the forum rules a little more now.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jul 24, 2013 1:12:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cartrunner

I believe Chavez meant he got an in game ban for a day. I've heard of it happening recently to someone else... so I guess they're enforcing the forum rules a little more now.

I've been slapped twice as well for an instant and another for a day on various comments, neither of which were swearing. Also adjusting.
Ye told Hera, "eggspammer."
Ye told Hera, "reported."
Hera tells ye, "<3"

Aurorakim tells ye, "you're my new hero"
[Jul 27, 2013 1:01:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dwizzles

I've been slapped twice as well for an instant and another for a day on various comments, neither of which were swearing. Also adjusting.

I went 5.5 years without any suspension or anything, and have been suspended 3 times in the last two months or so.

But hey, I'm just thankful that botting and poe buying aren't issues in this game.
-Dwizzles
Captain of Skeletons
King of Illuminatti
[Jul 31, 2013 12:04:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cartrunner

I went 5.5 years without any suspension or anything, and have been suspended 3 times in the last two months or so.

But hey, I'm just thankful that botting and poe buying aren't issues in this game.

+1 for lolz.
Ye told Hera, "eggspammer."
Ye told Hera, "reported."
Hera tells ye, "<3"

Aurorakim tells ye, "you're my new hero"
[Aug 1, 2013 12:51:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates