• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 19
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3506 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
absolutsnafu

[over] AUCTION! Win yer favorite Midnight Rockstar!

Ahoy mates! The new protectors of Turtle, Fools Paradise are having a bit of a flag fundraiser to support the defense of the island, should it be attacked. So were having a...PIRATE AUCTION!

WHERE: Turtle Palace
WHEN: 5pm PST, 8pm EST, Thursday June 2nd (sorry for the short notice).

A few stipulations:

• ]Bids for each pirate start at 3k
  • ]Winning pirate receives auctioned pirate for a period of 3 hours
  • ]Auctioned pirates may not be used in blockades
    [/list:u:0096931490]

In case anyone is curious, here is a current list of pirates to be auctioned off. Please send a /tell ingame to Sydney or myself (Ladyknight or Vinyl) with any questions, or if you, yourself, would like to be auctioned!

• ]Angelrae
    • ]Anubikar
    • ]Av
    • ]Cath
    • ]Chabs
    • ]Creux
    • ]Curule
    • ]Duko
    • ]Ereeka
    • ]Florrest
    • ]Glorie
    • ]Grunden
    • ]Ladyknight
    • ]Lari
    • ]Legions
    • ]Limpalong
    • ]Maltaine
    • ]Maokat
    • ]Millie
    • ]Muroni
    • ]Nuggeteer
    • ]Pezza
    • ]Quicksilver
    • ]Silkprincess
    • ]Sweetiepiepi
    • ]Sydney
    • ]Tarquinius
    • ]Xiaohu
    • ]Yithyn
    • ]Ysabell
      [/list:u:0096931490]

also some surprise pirates to be auctioned off at the event. Please come support Turtle island's defense! See you there!

Lari & Xiaohu have asked me to specify that they have the entire ocean memmed.

EDIT: continued editing to add more pirates to the list.
      EDIT: thanks im terrible with timezones.
      ----------------------------------------
      Ladyknight
      Crimson Tide
      Pirate/Viking/Musketeer/Knight

"early to bed and early to rise precludes you from seeing the most brilliant of starry nights" -bad religion
      [Edit 10 times, last edit by absolutsnafu at Jun 1, 2005 4:19:14 AM]
[Jun 1, 2005 4:19:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/absolutsnafu    AbsolutSNAFU    tempo del soul [Link]  Go to top 
Rmarsbar

Re: AUCTION! Win yer favorite Midnight Rockstar!

absolutsnafu wrote: 

Auctioned pirates may not be used in blockades

May I ask why?
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!
[Jun 1, 2005 7:39:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marziepants    Marziepants1    334439659 [Link]  Go to top 
absolutsnafu

Re: [over] AUCTION! Win yer favorite Midnight Rockstar!

Cause we said so!

But really, the creators of the event are anticipating an upcoming blockade on Turtle, and it's possible for an opposing flag to pay the minimum bid of 3k for all the pirates being auctioned, and use them for their side of the blockade. Creative way to pull a bunch of us, who are supporting Turtle, away from our side, and onto theirs, and have no say about it.
Ladyknight
Crimson Tide

"early to bed and early to rise precludes you from seeing the most brilliant of starry nights" -bad religion
[Jun 1, 2005 8:00:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/absolutsnafu    AbsolutSNAFU    tempo del soul [Link]  Go to top 
bokodasu

Re: AUCTION! Win yer favorite Midnight Rockstar!

absolutsnafu wrote: 
WHEN: 5pm PST, 2pm EST, Thursday June 2nd

5pm PST = 8pm EST; 2pm EST = 11am PST - I'm guessing it's the first one?
[size=9]Tomyris, Cult of the Red Mantis, Looterati
Bonnie, Octafish Dream, Viridian
[Jun 1, 2005 8:01:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Sorry, but I'm going to have to pull out.

1) I'm busy over the next three weeks
2) I have lots of in-game chores to do, never mind others
3) I need all the time I can get to make myself some money (read: low on coffers)

(If you really want to buy me, I think I'm being auctioned off in a month or so)

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Jun 1, 2005 11:49:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
av8tors32

Pip wrote: 
Sorry, but I'm going to have to pull out.

Yea more bids for me... err ummm sorry you can't make it mate ;-)
AV
Dark Asylum, Cobalt

Want to insult me? Do worry, I already know what I am.
[Jun 2, 2005 12:00:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    av8tors32    av8tors32 [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

I'm not a rock star, but some of you may think it's worth bidding on me just to have a guaranteed three hours to like, prohibit me from posting on the forums, LMAO.

I honestly don't expect anybody to bid, since I'm not so notable at anything, really...but since it was brought up, there is ONE slightly useful thing I have, which is...I too, have the entire ocean as it stands today memmed on Midnight. (No dead routes or training routes, just what exists today).

I'd also like to point out that in past auctions, they've had a disclaimer that you can't make the folks being auctioned spend any money or buy you stuff during the time you own them. So, If I was to bid on Xiaohu and win, I can't make her pay for a portrait of the two of us together for me to have. I can make her take the portrait, but I'd have to pay for it msyelf.

About the only other thing I'm useful for is to make me do your officer training for you, and the way I train...3 hours is like, 3 people trained, LMAO
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Jun 2, 2005 5:33:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
pezohare

As a boost to my bid status, i'm willing to work exlcusively at a shop for 1/1/1 for 2 weeks.

I have no alts, and will cancel other jobs for the 2 weeks period. All 24 hours of labour if ye can use it.

I'm expert in distilling, skilled at shipwrightery.
PezzA (T-total since 2005.06.29)
Rehabilitated Drunk & Senior Officer of the crew: The Pioneer Pillagers
[Jun 2, 2005 6:49:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FrankGrimes

I wouldn't call most of the participants rockstars, or even gamely names for that matter.

But what do I know, I'm just an old crab.
Grimes: Retired
Former badass
[Jun 2, 2005 12:10:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sopa13

i bet they can't even sing
Brannagh

10 sinks Cobalt, no injury, and counting
76 sinks midnight, no injury
[Jun 2, 2005 12:27:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
query

Yeah, all those ppl who participated have terrible stats and stuff too. Oh well.
If I weren't such a refined lady, I'd beat the crap out of you. ~ Doris Wodsworth/Washington/Waverley/Wilgus

[Jun 2, 2005 12:43:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.riddlersrealm.com [Link]  Go to top 
pezohare

sopa13 wrote: 
i bet they can't even sing

No ... but I can dance!
PezzA (T-total since 2005.06.29)
Rehabilitated Drunk & Senior Officer of the crew: The Pioneer Pillagers
[Jun 2, 2005 3:33:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yunafied

FrankGrimes wrote: 
I wouldn't call most of the participants rockstars, or even gamely names for that matter.

But what do I know, I'm just an old crab.

You and your damn popularity contests...

Still though, I'd be more willing to buy popular names. A guaranteed way to take money from my purse is to put Ajani up for sale.
Out of the trap.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dolgan

For those stat bashers, just like to point out that one of the people on the list, is currently top of the ocean rankings in two seperate puzzles.

I hope the event raises lots of poe though, for the upcoming blockade.

Dolgan

p.s. I do not want to even hear them sing. /me trembles at the thought
Dolgan

Buying: lime dye!!
[Jun 2, 2005 6:46:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
query

I was being sarcastic. One just needs to log on and /who to see everyone's stats. At the time of auction, I was top in the ocean and my arch for sb rating. Damn server timing out on me as I was attacked tonight made me lose that.

However, we are well known in our own circle, and those of us auctioned are good at duties, as well as good pirates all around. The very well known would be a little difficult to get a hold of. As it was, the auction did pretty well for us. Too bad the ebil OMs wouldn't allow us a broadcast for the event. =]~ We still love them, I suppose.
If I weren't such a refined lady, I'd beat the crap out of you. ~ Doris Wodsworth/Washington/Waverley/Wilgus

[Jun 2, 2005 7:25:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.riddlersrealm.com [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

The auction is on Midnight, but are we able to use the time "won" on, say, Cobalt? :)

EDIT: Then again, I missed the actual auction. So blah! :P
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.
[Jun 2, 2005 8:58:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
absolutsnafu

ah, the rockstar thing was just an eye catching title ;) were clever pirates!
Ladyknight
Crimson Tide

[Jun 3, 2005 9:22:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/absolutsnafu    AbsolutSNAFU    tempo del soul [Link]  Go to top 
absolutsnafu

okay here's the results of the auction! thanks to everyone who came out (i myself was at work and couldn't attend) but word is we made a mess of poe to defend turtle!

• ]Anubikar- 3k toSydney
  • ]Av- 3k to Auroara
  • ]Brannagh- 12.k to Muroni
  • ]Cath- 1.6k to Liska
  • ]Creux- 3.5k to Kittyn
  • ]Curule- 7k to Taco
  • ]Duko- 6.5k to Taco
  • ]Ereeka- 10k to Blarneybelle
  • ]Glorie- 1.5k to Curule
  • ]Grunden- 3.5k to Spiffie
  • ]Juliah- 10k to Taco
  • ]Kendralynn- 9k to Rainingsteel
  • ]Ladyknight- 2k to Legions (sidebar, big pout guys, come on, you could have done better! :-D but thanks Leg ;))
  • ]Legions- 3k to Curule
  • ]Lari- 3k to Curule
  • ]Limpalong- 3k to Alemdar
  • ]Maltaine- 10k to Juliah
  • ]Maokat- 5k to Grunden
  • ]Millie- 14k to Auroara
  • ]Muroni- 10k to Brannagh
  • ]Nuggeteer- 3k to Maokat
  • ]Personalasst- 11k to Kendralynn
  • ]Pezza- 3k to Personalasst
  • ]Rainingsteel- 3k to Personalasst
  • ]Silkprincess- 3k to Sweetiepiepi
  • ]Sweetiepiepi- 5k to Ereeka
  • ]Sydney- 3k to Enerisirron
  • ]Tarquinius- 3k to Maokat
  • ]Xiaohu- 6k to Muroni
    [/list:u:17809879db]

if anybody finds errors in this let me know, i just got this as a paste. thanks to all who turned out :)
    Ladyknight
    Crimson Tide

[Jun 3, 2005 11:49:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/absolutsnafu    AbsolutSNAFU    tempo del soul [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

There were a few more folks I had meant to bid on, unfortunately it was a very busy evening for me and I was afk the majority of the auction.

So, it seems you all raised a fair ammount towards the defense of Turtle Island. Now all that remains is some dastardly pirate to come force you to defend.

Now taking wagers on who that will be, and when.

/em grins
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Jun 4, 2005 1:20:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates