• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 21
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3753 times and has 20 replies Next Thread
gangstergibb

Attack or Protect?! Reply to this Post

Will be making art for the event in the next few days.

What will you do?

Rules: Each flag will be allowed one sloop with as many pirates as they can get on it which will influence it.
They will also be allowed 1 fan with 3 people on it so it can't influence.
Once your sloop or fan has been sank you may not enter another one.
The winner will be decided by who gains the most points.

When: Friday 26th July 1pm Gametime

Where: Cnossos Island (non-sinking)

Prizes:
1st Place, Cnossos Island.
2cd place, 5 fanchauns
3rd place, 5 Sloops

Additional Sloops will be given out for things such as Most sinks, moves we consider great, Best Offensive fanchuan, Best Defensive fanchuan

We are aware Bipolar(well some tyranny members) ran a very similar event awhile back using dhows instead of fans. I enjoyed that event a lot and felt like we should revisit it. Therefore if you'd like to thank the people who thought up the event please send them to tyranny.

It'd be helpful if any flags could preregister before 3-4 days before the event so we know what the likely partication will be.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Edit: if you would like to use a vent channel for the two navvers to coordinate, we can supply you with a pass-worded channel in Legendary Booties server.
----------------------------------------
Gibbo

Baby, i'm hot just like an oven, i need some lovin. And baby, i can't hold it much longer, it's getting stronger and stronger ;)

The Atlantis tart!
[Edit 3 times, last edit by gangstergibb at Jul 9, 2013 4:12:46 AM]
[Jul 8, 2013 3:35:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Re: Attack or Protect?! Reply to this Post

Time?

Sinking?
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jul 9, 2013 3:04:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gangstergibb

Time?

Sinking?

meh sorry, was late last night, non-sinking 1pm game to try cater for all timezones. Thanks for picking that up cala

Other questions:

Is there any maximum pay for our jobbers?

Nope, you may pay your jobbers what you want.

Can we use Green alt players on the fans to get more bots?

Yes, you may. This means any flag can use this method so their fanchuan to get more moves and such.
Gibbo

Baby, i'm hot just like an oven, i need some lovin. And baby, i can't hold it much longer, it's getting stronger and stronger ;)

The Atlantis tart!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by gangstergibb at Jul 9, 2013 6:12:47 AM]
[Jul 9, 2013 4:07:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

thought i'd chip in on this

Can we use Green alt players on the fans to get more bots?

Yes, you may. This means any flag can use this method so their fanchuan to get more moves and such.

according to the rules:
"They will also be allowed 1 fan with 3 people on it so it can't influence."

cutter/dhow/fanchuan retains all 4 bots onboard with up to 3 yellow-named players so there is no need to use green alt in this instance

2 questions though:
#1 is this event limited only to non island-holding flags or free for all?
#2 what happens if the winning flag in this event does not have the required fame to accept transfer of large island?
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Jul 9, 2013 8:19:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
gangstergibb

2 questions though:
#1 is this event limited only to non island-holding flags or free for all?
#2 what happens if the winning flag in this event does not have the required fame to accept transfer of large island?

Any flag is allowed to enter.

We will give flags without the fame a choice. We will hold the island until they get the fame for the transfer or if they can rush through the week notice in the forums. They could also take the amount of the war chest (125k)

And eh sorry i didn't look into the fan and bots thing, i just said yes :P
Gibbo

The Atlantis tart!
[Jul 9, 2013 8:44:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

maybe I am stupid and I am known for getting times confused but It is currently Jul 9, 2013 2:39:43 PM PDT on the Cerulean ocean.
according to the NB the blockade will begin in 16 days, 14 hours and 19 minutes. doesn't that add up to 5am game time? I know I was logged on yesterday when the event was announced so is the NB wrong?
Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health

Ohiya says, "By the way how many curly toads does it take to make curly toad slippers
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Halfbrain5 at Jul 9, 2013 2:45:35 PM]
[Jul 9, 2013 2:41:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
guille36

maybe I am stupid and I am known for getting times confused but It is currently Jul 9, 2013 2:39:43 PM PDT on the Cerulean ocean.
according to the NB the blockade will begin in 16 days, 14 hours and 19 minutes. doesn't that add up to 5am game time? I know I was logged on yesterday when the event was announced so is the NB wrong?

I noticed this too
Gloriousone on Cerulean
[Jul 9, 2013 3:58:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gangstergibb

Sorry, when i made the event i expected the time you use to schedule the event would be in Game time and not my person timezone, it is now fixed.
Gibbo

The Atlantis tart!
[Jul 9, 2013 5:06:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fernet9

Just a confirmation re our conversation to confirm RR will be attending - ty
[Jul 10, 2013 1:42:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
escooper

Cold Steel will join the event.

Samjones
Samjones (All oceans)
Collector of ships with Mummichog fish name and Moody Adjective.

Be a pirate. Play like a pirate today #puzzlepirates
[Jul 21, 2013 10:31:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gangstergibb

Remember to comfirm your entering by thursday, if we have less than 3 contestants we may have to cancel :( So far we have 2

We will allow people to sign up to event the day of it but we need to know there will be 3 or more!
Gibbo

The Atlantis tart!
[Jul 21, 2013 2:11:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ant_Eater

Radical will be there
Anteater on Cerulean
[Jul 21, 2013 6:03:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fleurs

FGoH will be present!

(Does this count as confirming our participation?)
Flower power<3

[Jul 22, 2013 5:13:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
guille36

Easy Livin will be there
Gloriousone on Cerulean
[Jul 22, 2013 12:12:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ant_Eater

Can you please clarify the Fanchuan rule? Are you saying it can only have three people on it or it just can't influence?
Anteater on Cerulean
[Jul 24, 2013 1:38:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
guille36

Can you please clarify the Fanchuan rule? Are you saying it can only have three people on it or it just can't influence?

Only 3 ppl therefore it cannot influence I think
Gloriousone on Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by guille36 at Jul 24, 2013 5:18:06 AM]
[Jul 24, 2013 5:16:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gangstergibb

You can only have a maximum of 3 people on it, If you have less you will not be penalized.
Gibbo

The Atlantis tart!
[Jul 24, 2013 8:56:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ant_Eater

Thank you for the fun event! Congrats to all the winners!
Anteater on Cerulean
[Jul 26, 2013 1:53:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hammer1

Thank you for the event . Excellent .
Blackhammer.
[Jul 26, 2013 1:54:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gangstergibb

1st : Riding high, Have elected to take ownership of Cnossos island!
2cd : Cold Steel, Winning 5 fanchuans!
3rd : Radical winning 5 sloops!

3 additional sloops were giving out!

Thank you to all the flags who participated!
Gibbo

The Atlantis tart!
[Jul 26, 2013 1:59:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fernet9

A massive "thank you" to everyone who took part to help us in the event - both crew and jobbers.

Another "thank you" to the other crews for taking part and making it an exciting time.

Also I would like to thank the organisers for putting on a great event, it may have been short but it certainly was a nail biter at times!

We have NO plans to make changes to the island (unless we lower taxes). We intent to hold Cnossos, look after her, and try to learn from the experience. So if anyone out there has friendly and impartial advice on running an inhabited island - myslef or any of my SO's would love to hear from you - thank you.
[Jul 27, 2013 1:08:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates