• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3037 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Franklincain

pre-advertise SMH runs in your ocean's Parley group? Reply to this Post

I'm posting this thread as a spin-off from (or inspired by) another post in this newsgroup. Since my idea is sufficiently distinct from the original post and intent of that other thread, I figured it would be most appropriate to have this idea in its own separate thread...

In my experience, it takes far too long, in many cases, to recruit enough jobbers to make a large sea monster hunt viable (i.e. Atlantis or Haunted Seas). So my thought is, if you want to run a SMH on a regular basis (for instance, "every Wednesday night at 7PM Pirate Time" or "every weekday at 10PM Pirate Time" or whatever other schedule you'd like), it would make sense to try to pre-recruit jobbers by posting your SMH intent on the "Parley" group specific to your ocean. (Akin to the way that many flags will post their blockade intents.)

Now, I'm not suggesting any elaborate antics, such as funny pictures or videos (like what is sometimes included in a blockade intent), especially since we're talking about a trip being organized by a small circle of hearties (or even just one pirate), as opposed to the blockade intent's underlying support group of an entire flag.

Any thoughts?
Thanks.
~ Franklin
----------------------------------------
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Jul 3, 2013 9:26:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Re: pre-advertise SMH runs in your ocean's Parley group? Reply to this Post

I'd certainly enjoy this, as it would allow me to schedule runs in better. However, might I suggest a single thread (perhaps stickied?) rather than multiple threads as is customary for blockade intents. Dozens of cit runs, atlantis, and HS run each day and that would clutter up the parley thread too much.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Jul 3, 2013 10:56:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

I see problems with this (on Emerald). Parley is ... what it is, these have been trolled in the past and probably would still be. Also, on Emerald it looks like there's always some kind of a SMH going on so you won't necessarily need to know when something is heading out since you can just log on and apply straight away - and it's not that big of an ocean that you wouldn't soon be familiar with the regular runners and their schedules. Also, knowing the exact time someone is going to head to atlantis doesn't necessarily mean people can or will prepare for it as sometimes the real life doesn't follow our plans. Therefore, dunno how much help it would be for the runners themselves. Someone come and share your experience if you ever did that.

However, a sticky thread in the parley (or events) to advertise would be fine with me but for that, this thread should be in the GD.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Jul 4, 2013 1:10:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cartrunner

I see problems with this (on Emerald). Parley is ... what it is, these have been trolled in the past and probably would still be. Also, on Emerald it looks like there's always some kind of a SMH going on so you won't necessarily need to know when something is heading out since you can just log on and apply straight away - and it's not that big of an ocean that you wouldn't soon be familiar with the regular runners and their schedules. Also, knowing the exact time someone is going to head to atlantis doesn't necessarily mean people can or will prepare for it as sometimes the real life doesn't follow our plans. Therefore, dunno how much help it would be for the runners themselves. Someone come and share your experience if you ever did that.

However, a sticky thread in the parley (or events) to advertise would be fine with me but for that, this thread should be in the GD.

I used to announce my mil runs ingame via tournaments and it was fairly effective, but those were much longer runs, and it was usually set in according to the reboot time of the server. But even then, player population played far more into who was aboard than who I advertised to. If people are on and interested, they'll come. If they're sleeping or not interested, they won't. The handful extra doesn't justify a stickied or spamful thread from the endless crowd of randoms wanting to run a citadel run all day everyday in a get rich quick scheme that don't actually know what they're doing in terms of mechanics because they'd rather go themselves and beat it out than go with others, study the mechanics, and go when they think they understand them well.
Ye told Hera, "eggspammer."
Ye told Hera, "reported."
Hera tells ye, "<3"

Aurorakim tells ye, "you're my new hero"
[Jul 4, 2013 3:33:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nick1825

The handful extra doesn't justify a stickied or spamful thread from the endless crowd of randoms wanting to run a citadel run all day everyday in a get rich quick scheme that don't actually know what they're doing in terms of mechanics because they'd rather go themselves and beat it out than go with others, study the mechanics, and go when they think they understand them well.

This ^

Ever since the "bug fix" for Cits came out it has been a pain on my booty to take the time to job to fill a war brig so I can run a cit run ( Carts protégé). Seriously on emerald I am seeing the most nubiest (idk if that's a word?) people jobbing for cit runs spreading the jobbers thin for people who actually take pride in learning the mechanics of the monsters instead of hmm I should do a left cause it is a good guess! Because of this "bug fix" these people are not even sinking because the risk now is pretty much gone. Now the people who sunk every run and gave up cit running are now running them again and talking trash to all the other GOOD cit runners cause they haven't sunk... Please get rid of the keeping of moves after the cit it takes away the challenge and skill.

Sorry if my post is just everywhere I just woke up and didn't feel like making it sound super awesome
Icyman/hadesx
[Jul 5, 2013 12:29:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates