• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 26
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4132 times and has 25 replies Next Thread
mari_

[CANCELLED]Tyranny Events Present..... Sloop Blackjack, The Modern Day Edition Reply to this Post

Fancy yourself a gambler? Let's see you put your PoE where your mouth is. One sloop, three of your closest mates, two hours, and one goal: Get 21k in the booty chest, and not a single coin more. Whats your strategy? Going after brigands with wild abandon? Seek out the elusive ace, which can double your total or scuttle your golden dreams? Or maybe go on a PVP bender and let the other teams do the hard work for you? Your call, captain.

Sloop Blackjack - The Modern Day Edition

Date: Sunday, July 21st

Time: 10am Pirate time (1pm EST, 6PM BST)

Where: Starting from Labrynth Moors in the Onyx Arch

Pre-Registration: Required, Deadline is July 20th, 8pm Pirate time (Team member names must be finalized by 9am on the day of the event (July 21st)

The Basics
1. Starting at Labrynth Moors Island and ending anywhere you like, you and 3 mates have two hours to raise 21k in the booty chest, without going over. The team closest to 21k without going over wins.
2. You can go after brigands, or you can PVP other players in the Event crew. PVPing yourself or an alt of yourself to win the lucrative "commod" will not be permitted.
3. One commodity will be designated as an "Ace". It will be announced just before the event begins, and if you pillage it, will be worth either 1k or 11k, your choice. No other commodities count toward your total. Only one of these commods count even if you have 20, and they must be in the booty not the hold.
4. The team captain will need to join the Tyranny Event crew as an officer (not just as a jobber) and must hold the deed to the sloop being used for the entire event. Please keep this in mind when registering the name of the team captain. Additional team members may also join the event crew if desired.
5. Remember to read the Full Rules before entering ;)
6. To register, completely read the full rules, and then see Harrjm, Calamarie, Morgana, Donsmythe or Yankeejr before registration closes. You must then follow it up with a pm to either Harrjm or mari_ with your Team Captain and team member names.
7. If you can not easily get a sloop to Labrynth Moors, there will be some loaner sloops available on a first-come, first-serve basis. You will be responsible for stocking these yourself. (If you want to bring your own, but need charting assistance, contact Harrjm, Calamarie or Donsmythe; who will do their best to help.)
8. You must have ported your ship by the 2 hours for your haul to be counted, failure to do so will result in disqualification.

The Day of the Event
1. In order to get your captain designated as an Officer, see Harrjm or Olympiana at the designated "gathering point", Tyranny's Flag Hall on Jubilee. (Send a tell to Harrjm or Calamarie if you need a whisk). Somebody will be there from 7:00 AM Pirate Time onwards to get your crewed up. Team Captain must be joined into the event crew by 30 minutes prior to event start. (Only Team Captain's must join the event crew).
2. You are responsible for your own stocking and charting for the event.
3. Before the event starts, every vessel will be inspected for empty booty, etc. When you are ready for final inspection, let us know on /officer chat and somebody will be dispatched to you.
4. A review of the event rules will begin 9:45am. This is also an opportunity to ask questions about the event, if you still have any.

Prizes
First place team gets first choice of prize from the list below, followed by the 2nd place team, etc.
-- Four Renamed Fanchuans (Gambling Blackfish, Rolling Blackfish, Gaming Blackfish, Dealing Blackfish)
-- Four Parrot Feathers (Red/Black)
-- Four Blackjacks (Various colours)
-- Four Swords (Long, various colours)
-- Four Poker Tables

With many thanks going to Feylind and Ptg who were responsible for the original Sloop Blackjack events.
----------------------------------------
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Edit 2 times, last edit by mari_ at Jul 21, 2013 12:22:34 AM]
[Jun 23, 2013 3:29:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Re: Tyranny Events Present..... Sloop Blackjack, The Modern Day Edition Reply to this Post

You really have to work on your events! Especially the date, the rest is great, but maybe I'm able to participate.

btw what does BST stand for?
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Jun 23, 2013 4:49:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Re: Tyranny Events Present..... Sloop Blackjack, The Modern Day Edition Reply to this Post

British Summer Time, so +1 GMT
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

[Jun 23, 2013 4:57:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

dumb people always ask dumb question :P
here goes...

question 1: is it allowed to have the vessel set to greeter pillage?

One sloop, three of your closest mates, two hours, and one goal

question 2: mandatory to have 4 pirates onboard the sloop? or is it allowed to have less but not more?

3. One commodity will be designated as an "Ace". It will be announced just before the event begins, and if you pillage it, will be worth either 1k or 11k, your choice. No other commodities count toward your total. Only one of these commods count even if you have 20, and they must be in the booty not the hold.

question 3: can we choose not to use this "ace" to prevent the booty total from exceeding 21k? or is it mandatory to have either 1k or 11k being added to the booty chest irregardless of the amount in booty?
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Jun 23, 2013 9:03:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

dumb people always ask dumb question :P
here goes...

question 1: is it allowed to have the vessel set to greeter pillage?

No you can't use Greeter, it must be set to pillage.

question 2: mandatory to have 4 pirates onboard the sloop? or is it allowed to have less but not more?

You can use up to a maximum of 4 people (including yourself), it is your choice, however all team members must be declared by the deadline and cannot be changed or added to after that time.

question 3: can we choose not to use this "ace" to prevent the booty total from exceeding 21k? or is it mandatory to have either 1k or 11k being added to the booty chest irregardless of the amount in booty?

You have to use the commod as 1k or 11k, you won it you use it. This is blackjack you can't elect to not play the Ace.
Dignity - Emerald

[Edit 1 times, last edit by mari_ at Jun 23, 2013 9:30:06 AM]
[Jun 23, 2013 9:29:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raymondbaker

You can go after brigands

barbarians too I assume? and what about merchants and brigand kings?

are we allowed to do expeditions such as buried and sunken treasure?

oh and can we not go over 21K by even 1 poe? e.g. if we have 21,123 will we be disqualified?
Steveb Drunken SO of the crew Boochin' Drunks
King/Monarch of the flag Super Awesomeness
Cerulean

Steveb on every English ocean (Cerulean, Emerald, Ice, Meridian & Obsidian)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by raymondbaker at Jun 24, 2013 4:25:41 AM]
[Jun 24, 2013 4:24:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

You can go after brigands

barbarians too I assume? and what about merchants and brigand kings?

are we allowed to do expeditions such as buried and sunken treasure?

oh and can we not go over 21K by even 1 poe? e.g. if we have 21,123 will we be disqualified?

You can go after anything that sails.

Expeditions that involve TH and foraging are a no though. Nor can you use BK compasses. All vessel records will be checked.

No you cannot go over 21k, not even by 1 poe. This is blackjack anything over 21 is bust.

This event is about pillaging folks, simple as that.
Dignity - Emerald

[Edit 1 times, last edit by mari_ at Jun 24, 2013 9:30:27 AM]
[Jun 24, 2013 4:44:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hammer1

If FGoH enter , will we be unfairly penalised again ?
Blackhammer.
[Jun 24, 2013 4:54:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

If FGoH enter , will we be unfairly penalised again ?

The rules are clear, as always with our events. Any questions are answered. Stick to the rules and there should be no problems for anyone :)
Dignity - Emerald

[Jun 24, 2013 6:00:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Painthesis

If we were to go over 21k in the two hour time span, but we still had time for a few more battles, would we be able to purposely lose a battle to decrease the amount in our booty?

Painthesis
[Jun 25, 2013 11:06:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

If we were to go over 21k in the two hour time span, but we still had time for a few more battles, would we be able to purposely lose a battle to decrease the amount in our booty?

Painthesis

Its the amount in the booty at the end, you must port by 2 hours, and at that point your total will be verified before you divide.

So yes you can lose purposefully, as long as you port by 2 hours.
Dignity - Emerald

[Jun 25, 2013 11:48:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

Can I pvp someone who will give me exactly 21k in a victory, then sit in port for an hour and a half? :D
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Jun 25, 2013 7:52:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Can I pvp someone who will give me exactly 21k in a victory, then sit in port for an hour and a half? :D

The spirit of the event is to pillage, so setting up a pvp with an alt, or someone known to you to give you the exact 21k is not permitted no :P
Dignity - Emerald

[Jun 25, 2013 11:32:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

The spirit of the event is to pillage, so setting up a pvp with an alt, or someone known to you to give you the exact 21k is not permitted no :P

Curses! Foiled again! D:
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Jun 26, 2013 11:35:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
montebleu

I would like to register for this event but I have several questions myself after reading this thread

You can use up to a maximum of 4 people (including yourself), it is your choice, however all team members must be declared by the deadline and cannot be changed or added to after that time.

1. Are the prizes dependent on the number of members in the team? Rephrased, do we still win "4 of something" if our team has only 3 members instead of max 4 onboard the sloop?

2. Is it permitted to just hang around and pvp other competing teams for their loot instead of fighting brigands & barbarians? Rephrased, let others do the pillaging and we starts after the 1hr mark or so

3. This last question to me is the most important of all, "however all team members must be declared by the deadline and cannot be changed or added to after that time."
I will very likely have to rely on notice board jobbing to get the 3rd or 4th team member for the event. Is it allowed to register our team with just 2 or 3 names while we try to get the 3rd or 4th member from the notice board on event day itself?
"You don't go run a marathon after having been a couch potato all your life. You have to train."
- Galene, April 2014
[Jun 28, 2013 7:21:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

1. Are the prizes dependent on the number of members in the team? Rephrased, do we still win "4 of something" if our team has only 3 members instead of max 4 onboard the sloop?

No there are 4 of everything.

2. Is it permitted to just hang around and pvp other competing teams for their loot instead of fighting brigands & barbarians? Rephrased, let others do the pillaging and we starts after the 1hr mark or so

You are free to do that, but be mindful of the timeframe of being in port by the 2 hour mark. Pvp's can be lengthy and there is nothing stopping the other person running.

3. This last question to me is the most important of all, "however all team members must be declared by the deadline and cannot be changed or added to after that time."
I will very likely have to rely on notice board jobbing to get the 3rd or 4th team member for the event. Is it allowed to register our team with just 2 or 3 names while we try to get the 3rd or 4th member from the notice board on event day itself?

No, the point to the event is to rally your team members before hand, as you are asking them to commit 2 hours of their time, which a lot of jobbers can't. Also the prizes are aimed at all 4 team members, it could be seen that using jobbers of the NB means the Team Captain is playing to have the prizes to themselves.

Primarily this is a TEAM event of up to 4 people :)
Dignity - Emerald

[Edit 1 times, last edit by mari_ at Jun 29, 2013 2:52:58 AM]
[Jun 29, 2013 2:51:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Just a reminder that this is a pre-registration event folks.

Also will need any posts following up with a pm of Team Captain's name (and their alt they are crewing into the war crew if not using their main) along with team member names.

ALL team captains must to be crewed for the duration of the event.
Dignity - Emerald

[Jul 12, 2013 12:18:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
basement123

Dumb question. Nevermind
Roses are red, Canada is purple, I suck at poems, Refrigerator.

Pnckecookie - Meridian

Cheerleader of Coming Soon

[Edit 1 times, last edit by basement123 at Jul 18, 2013 5:39:16 AM]
[Jul 18, 2013 5:38:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Registration closes tomorrow folks :)
Dignity - Emerald

[Jul 19, 2013 5:41:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

I'd love to, but event timing doesn't like me at the moment.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Jul 19, 2013 7:07:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
montebleu

Registration closes tomorrow folks :)

Please register our team

I will confirm our team members' names by tomorrow, thanks
"You don't go run a marathon after having been a couch potato all your life. You have to train."
- Galene, April 2014
[Jul 19, 2013 10:54:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
draconusmyst

I'd like to register a team for tommorrow's event:)

Lunamyst- Captain
Shipoffools
Bluedayz
Cambriana
Lunamyst

"I don't do special people"
[Jul 20, 2013 7:36:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

I am sorry to announce that the event has been cancelled. Due to lack of particpants and it being an OM sponsored event we are unable to run it.

Apologies to Lunamyst who did get her registration to me on time, and the other particpant.

We hope to run this again in the near future, so please stay tuned for Tyranny events.
Dignity - Emerald

[Jul 21, 2013 12:25:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

I sent a PM to Harrjm, you didn't get it?

Edit: Can't take a joke :(
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Edit 1 times, last edit by icelord161 at Jul 21, 2013 1:55:30 PM]
[Jul 21, 2013 11:44:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
upgrade431

+++++
-Upgradde on Cerulean and Emerald Ocean

-My words are my own, and are not a representation of others.
[Jul 21, 2013 12:28:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

I have had confirmation from Harrjm that no PM was received.

Maybe next time copy me in, then there won't be any confusion?
Dignity - Emerald

[Jul 21, 2013 1:14:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates