• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2789 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
mari_

Another hit to the sub oceans from OOO

Thank you heartily yet again for ignoring the sub ocean's need with the new launch on the Ipad.

Yes its great you have gone onto a tablet, hopefully it will bring (and retain players) to the game. However, you put a big "offer" on the noticeboards advertising money of doubloons, great amazing attraction to new players, and a great way to directing them towards a dub ocean. So I look to see what you offer to attract players to play the subscription model.... oh wait that's right, a big fat nothing!

So why not offer a discounted sub, or an old fashioned free trial for 1 month, would that really be so hard to do?

Show some commitment to your subscribers, they deserve better than being treated like second-class players.
----------------------------------------
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jun 20, 2013 8:26:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Re: Another hit to the sub oceans from OOO

that's no problem. Tablet players won't even know that there is a subscriber model as they can't choose Cerulean...
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Jun 20, 2013 8:47:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

It is probably best to leave sub ocean discussions to cerulean parley so as not to waste the time of real puzzle pirate players.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jun 20, 2013 9:23:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ShoyuLite

Interestingly, after I downloaded PP to my iPad it gave me Cerulean as my first option to log in on.

But I do agree with you all that hiding the sub oceans is not a good thing.
Soulchild on Malachite + Viridian = Meridian

Seriously, unicorns and dragons? How's a pirate monkey going to compete with the Wizarding World of Puzzle Pirates Mages?
[Jun 20, 2013 10:47:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Eurydice said this problem will be fixed in the upcoming updates.
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Jun 20, 2013 1:13:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

As mentioned by Aphrodite here existing subscription ocean players can enable Cerulean on their tablets in the Game Options. Enabling this option will make Cerulean appear in the ocean select for you just as it does with the desktop client.

As far as new players are concerned :

"We do intend to include subscriptions and a front-and-center offering for the game in a subsequent update. There are several issues remaining until this is ready for release.

Cleaver mentioned that we'll be working on improvements and polish over the coming weeks. The immediate availability of subscription Oceans for incoming players is one of those improvements.

Sorry for the wait, and thanks for your patience."

For discussion of the iPad release and relating matters please see this thread . Thanks!
[Jun 20, 2013 1:31:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates