• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 437 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
MaxPain

Pillaging on ships larger than sloops Reply to this Post

This one is about how much jobber turnover influences the payout on bigger ships. It seems to be impossible to maintain a pay rate of more than 500-600 PoE per battle the way things are now. I've had some good runs too, pay of over 1k in initial cuts, but most of the time it stays low.

For example, last bagh pillage I did, all battles except one got me less than 500 in initial cuts, which would mean about 500-600 per person because of the jobber's delight in my crew. And after each battle I had people leaving and then new people hopping on, but in general we had the same numbers for most of the battles (it was a 6-1 pillage in the end), ranging from 13 to 15. And the duty reports were quite good, just the occasional fine, with me navigating the whole time at excellent.

Now, I don't expect the pay to be the same as sloop runs, but getting 18k on a ship with 14 people is just too low. You'd expect that with pillaging on a difficult route (in this case Wissahickon-Beaufort) you will manage to get a solid pay. Maybe I am doing something wrong? But for now, to me it seems like pillaging on big ships is not quite worth it, especially not for the casual jobber.

If anyone has any pointers on how to improve the pay, please share if you can. And sorry for the messy post, I wasn't sure how to structure it properly.
----------------------------------------
Icce on Sage
[Jun 13, 2013 3:51:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Re: Pillaging on ships larger than sloops Reply to this Post

The biggest influence on pay is jobber skill. Big ships usually get lesser-skilled players. So unless you have a large circle of crewbies/hearties willing to do large-ship runs, you're probably stuck there.
----------------------------------------
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jun 13, 2013 6:43:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates