• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4597 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Greg4545

EVENT: Buccaneer Fashion Gala Invitational! Reply to this Post

ATTENTION ALL FASHION FANS!

I know what you are thinking. Aren't the Blackmaine's Buccaneers the most fearsome sea dogs and wenches on the high seas? Cutthroats and scallywags of oceanlike proportions? Scoundrels and brigands of legends? Why thank you, we are. But while we rule the blue waves with a sail and a cutlass our motto has always been... "if you ain't lookin' the part, don't even start!" So, without further ado, we present you with an event:

BUCCANEER FASHION GALA INVITATIONAL!

WHAT: A fashion show contest to crown the best and the most outrageous looking pirates on the ocean.

WHEN: Sunday, 9 June @ 6:00 PM game time.

WHERE: Cnossos Island

WHO: All fashion savvy mates and ladies are cordially invited. Free rum!

WHY: Because a well dressed pirate is a happy pirate!

HOW:
The contest will take place in three categories:

• Best Dressed Sea Dog (male pirates only) - male pirates will be judged on best outfit by our female Celebrity Judge.
  • Best Dressed Wench (female pirates only) - female pirates will be judged on best outfit by our male Celebrity Judge.
  • Best Dressed Clown (everyone) - pirates who wish to challenge their fashion sense and everyone's eyes will be judged on the most outrageous entry. Make sure that this outfit is different from the Best Dressed category, if you enter both.

HOW DO I PARTICIPATE:
Prepare your costume(s) and get in touch with Blackmaine, Poisonous, Gangers or any other Buccaneer at any time from now till Sunday 6 PM. If you don't get a hold of anyone till then, don't despair! Prepare your costume anyway and be ready just before 6 PM. We WILL be on at that time and will be dying to hear from you via a tell. Let us know you are ready and we'll send you an invite to the gala. Make sure to have the proper snooty attitude respective to the awesomeness of your costume. It's a fashion world after all!

SPECTATORS: If you would rather not participate in the contest but still want to come to marvel at all the chic brigands, you are also invited! Come ye and come all! There will be shapely legs to whistle at, ample bosoms to marvel at and with the invention of belt and braces - some hard muscles for ladies to faint about.

PRIZES: The prizes will all promote Jazzmyn's Tailoring Stall on Cnossos Island. Winners will be given a 10k shopping allowance at her stall, as well as chromas. Did we mention free rum?

LOTTERY: If in preparing your costume you buy at least one piece of clothing from Jazzmyn's Tailoring Stall on Cnossos Island, you will be automatically entered into a lottery for a limited edition sloop (vintage model). For each piece you buy, you will be given one lottery ticket, up to a maximum of 10. This will be done on honour system and the names will be collected during the event. Note that the lottery is an optional event and no purchase is necessary to enter the contest.

CONTACT: Our event coordinator is our very own, lovely Poisonous . Her fashion sense along with the ability to make complete, coherent sentences sprinkled with mostly intact grammar and punctuation make her an ideal front lady. That's more than most of us can muster, so she is it!

Come to the Buccaneer Fashion Gala Invitational and let the inner pirate in you shine!

LE HAR!

--------------------------------------------
Blackmaine
Captain of Blackmaine's Buccaneers
Mixed Nuts fame
Cerulean Ocean

----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Greg4545 at Jun 7, 2013 12:03:01 AM]
[Jun 6, 2013 11:58:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

Re: EVENT: Buccaneer Fashion Gala Invitational! Reply to this Post

Best Dressed Wench (female pirates only) - female pirates will be judged on best outfit by our male Celebrity Judge.

I don't recall being asked to fill this role? Everyone knows I'm the king of fashion, check out my portraitzzz. :p

#gobruins
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Jun 7, 2013 12:24:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

Dammit!! Finally an event I really wish I could be online for!
Kill your brother, you'll feel better-----Edgar Frogg (The Lost Boys)

Freak
Captain of Freakshow(a non-crew)
King of Carnival Of Oddities(a non-flag)
[Jun 7, 2013 10:22:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Best Dressed Wench (female pirates only) - female pirates will be judged on best outfit by our male Celebrity Judge.

I don't recall being asked to fill this role? Everyone knows I'm the king of fashion, check out my portraitzzz. :p

No, look at Casdin!

Nice event, sadly too late for me!
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Jun 7, 2013 11:34:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

No, look at Casdin!

Nice event, sadly too late for me!

He is pretty hot.
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Jun 7, 2013 11:35:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

Awesome event woo!
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Jun 9, 2013 8:13:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Greg4545

Mates,

Many thanks to all the pirates who came to this event. Your presence was really appreciated and I think we all learned a thing or two about what to wear and what NOT to wear.

I have reached all the winners with the prizes except one and I will get to her soon. Here are the winners:

Best Dressed Sea Dog: Crip
Best Dressed Wench: Marmy
Best Dressed Clown: Hezabella and Billshakes

If you enjoyed this event, stay tuned for more events from the Buccaneers. We are a crazy bunch and we like to share our madness with others. And visit Jazzmyn's Tailoring Stall on Cnossos (shameless plug) for all your fabulous needs! :)

-------------------

Blackmaine
[Jun 10, 2013 10:38:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Leayne

Blackmaine trying to reach you to talk ... :) hugs Leayne
[Sep 21, 2013 10:09:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Leayne

Blackmaine trying to reach you to talk ... :) hugs Leayne
[Sep 21, 2013 10:09:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates