• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1210 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
domduke

Struggling Pirate Vet Reply to this Post

Hello all, i am a returning member of Puzzle pirates, and just one week ago i rejoined puzzle pirates after a long break of about 2 years. I had started playing Puzzle Pirates when i was about 12, now being 18, i started again. Realizing im better i kept playing and i enjoyed it again, but theres just one big problem ive always faced. I. Suck. At. Puzzles. Ive seen a few posts like this but not many seem to help. Ive watched videos, asked players, and have put more time and money into this game that i want to admit.

In my earlier years of Puzzle pirates i was INSANELY addicted, i probably bought over $500 worth of Dubs. On my current account, i have not bought any. On my previous account, even with the $500 on dubs total, the highest amount of PoE ive had was 700K, which is good, but one of my dreams is to get a familiar, get atleast 1 Mil PoE and especially get GM or close Legit in atleast 1-2 puzzles.

Can anyone back me up? Help me, anything will do, even just constructive criticism.
My Pirate name is Metabolik, on the Emerald ocean
[May 31, 2013 7:40:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
JakSparow117

Re: Struggling Pirate Vet Reply to this Post

Look at Tzz's ultimate puzzle guide. Also, don't try to be good at all the puzzles at once. Do them all a little bit to get a feel for them, then focus on the ones you like the best, one at a time, and really work on technique.
----------------------------------------
Mackso-Emerald
[May 31, 2013 11:02:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

In my earlier years of Puzzle pirates i was INSANELY addicted, i probably bought over $500 worth of Dubs. On my current account, i have not bought any. On my previous account, even with the $500 on dubs total, the highest amount of PoE ive had was 700K, which is good, but one of my dreams is to get a familiar, get atleast 1 Mil PoE and especially get GM or close Legit in atleast 1-2 puzzles.

Well, since you left, there have been economic changes, at least on doubloon oceans. On Emerald, 700k can get you a tan familiar, or a seahorse plus a serpent. (A serpent by itself is running around 300k.) And if you're still interested in cash purchases of doubloons, selling them at the right time (probably during the times gold boxes are available) can get you 1 million for under $100.

One quick question, though: assuming your prior account wasn't banned, why not use that one still? Aside from bringing back any booty you had when you stopped, it's already account protected-- that is, you don't need to worry about your pirate being purged if you decide to not make any more cash purchases.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jun 1, 2013 5:32:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inframan8

If you want carp help, I've heard that my videos usually help people out a lot and I'm more than welcomed to talk you through any of it too. I'm usually on Emerald around random times but you can PM me whenever you're on and I'll try to make an appearance.
Inframan
Super Retired.
Newest!
Loathe says, "Infra is carp god."
[Jun 2, 2013 2:52:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

I'm sorry, but whenever I see that topic, I think of a veterinarian with an eyepatch who's struggling to make ends meet because pets never get sick or injured in this game... =P
[Jun 2, 2013 3:20:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

I'm sorry, but whenever I see that topic, I think of a veterinarian with an eyepatch who's struggling to make ends meet because pets never get sick or injured in this game... =P

I thought I was the only one.
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Jun 2, 2013 6:40:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates