• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 483 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
thewhiteman

Carp/CI questions Reply to this Post

So, I'm a longtime player, and I can't find it like, anywhere on yppedia or the forums, so I'm just going to post here and ask:

1) How does carpentry affect the ship? I mean, yeah, I know it repairs it, but is there a method to know how fast? just wondering

2) How much damage/bilge does Ci fog do per turn? I know on the small ships it's easy to counteract, but I'm thinking it might be possible on larger ships if I time it extremely well to quickly run in and grab the island... or maybe I'm just insane :P

Any help would be appreciated!
[May 29, 2013 12:33:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Re: Carp/CI questions Reply to this Post

1) How does carpentry affect the ship? I mean, yeah, I know it repairs it, but is there a method to know how fast? just wondering

OOO doesn't give us hard-and-fast numbers.

2) How much damage/bilge does Ci fog do per turn? I know on the small ships it's easy to counteract, but I'm thinking it might be possible on larger ships if I time it extremely well to quickly run in and grab the island... or maybe I'm just insane :P

The bigger the ship, the more damage fog does to it. Yes, you can head in with a mid-sized ship and survive. Just avoid the fog as much as possible both in and out.
----------------------------------------
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[May 29, 2013 1:28:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Carp/CI questions Reply to this Post

It depends on the ship. Bootlicker gather some data and put it in the yppedia under Ship#Ship_handling_and_station_performance

Some other user collected "wisdom" can be found in the threads:
A guide for XOs - How ships really work
An Update to "How Ships Really Work"
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[May 29, 2013 1:37:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates