• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4363 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
edward12321

[15 Minutes Idle (Proposal)] Kind of Green in running events. Need help from Yellow Names. Reply to this Post

This event has already been approved. I was suggested to post my event thread proposal in the workshop for any suggestions/ideas/corrections. Thanks for helping out! :)

*Banner Introducing Event*

The warm weather's finally here! With hot weather, comes Summer. With Summer, comes no school. With no school, comes messy sleep schedules!
Illustrate your pirate asleep at the wrong place or time (For example : An illustration of your pirate who has fallen asleep while bilging and they're up to their head in water)

All entries must be posted in the official entry thread :
*Insert Entry Thread*

The Sandman's Rules for Happy Dreams :
-The illustration may be approached in anyway (3D, 2D, diorama, water coloured, digitalized, etc).
-It must feature your main pirate and him/her asleep.
-As long as the art piece is distinguishable, the photo/image may be in any size.
-Put a note on your photo/image stating your pirate's name, ocean and "15 Minutes Idle 2013" to show that this piece of art was created for this event.

Your Worst Nightmare (How You're Being Judged) :
-Humour
-Creativity
-Appeal
-Neatness
-Colour
-Originality

Belle Reve (Prizes) :
First Place : A renamed sloop + inscribed trinket
Second Place : Two spring green chromas + inscribed trinket
Third Place : Empty black piggy bank + inscribed trinket
Participation : inscribed trinket
----------------------------------------
Dalphin on Meridian
Swerve on Jade
Swerve on Opal

You can host as many as you want!
Have a great day :)
-CLotho

Event Run Count : 6
[Edit 2 times, last edit by edward12321 at May 28, 2013 2:26:32 PM]
[May 28, 2013 2:25:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Re: [15 Minutes Idle (Proposal)] Kind of Green in running events. Need help from Yellow Names. Reply to this Post

Oooo this sounds like an exciting event!!! I am so glad the event muse has awakened within you ^_^ The thread looks great :D Can't think of anything to change ^_^
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[May 28, 2013 2:53:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
edward12321

Re: [15 Minutes Idle (Proposal)] Kind of Green in running events. Need help from Yellow Names. Reply to this Post

Oooo this sounds like an exciting event!!! I am so glad the event muse has awakened within you ^_^ The thread looks great :D Can't think of anything to change ^_^

I'm just hoping I was a bit more detailed in the rules this time!

I never even expected any 3D entries to come in for my last event, so I thought I'd try to be as specific as I can this time to only get a limited amount of questions. :)
Dalphin on Meridian
Swerve on Jade
Swerve on Opal

-CLotho

[May 28, 2013 5:52:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emieangel

Ooooo this sounds like fun too :D
DarkFaery
Collector of Tigerfish, Catfish, Angelfish & Piranha
Avvie by the wonderful Wayfarer
[May 28, 2013 6:04:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

One suggestion: you might want to put a size limit ("any size no larger than...") so that people don't post forum-breakingly-huge images. Or request entries larger than a particular size to be posted as links (like they do for the portrait background contests)

Other than that, it looks great!
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[May 28, 2013 6:16:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
edward12321

One suggestion: you might want to put a size limit ("any size no larger than...") so that people don't post forum-breakingly-huge images. Or request entries larger than a particular size to be posted as links (like they do for the portrait background contests)

Other than that, it looks great!

I was looking into that, but I don't know pixel sizes. D:
Like what's 500 x 500.
Could you help me out? :)
Dalphin on Meridian
Swerve on Jade
Swerve on Opal

-CLotho

[May 29, 2013 4:43:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Forgive the lame 2 minute doodle I'm using to illustrate this but:

500x500

600x600*

*When I ran my Adorominable Spring Break event, I used this as the size limit because I seem to remember other 2D drawing events using it. For example,
Apollo's Eggy doodle #1 used a 600x600 pixel limit.

700x700

Beyond that, I think it gets so big that it causes the forum box to expand <---That doesn't really make sense, I don't know how to describe what happens, but it looks ugly.

EDIT: If you look at the entry thread for the event I recently ran and scroll down, you will see that there is one entry that was over the size limit, and this will illustrate what I mean by the "forum box expanding". For the record, I PM'd that person before deadline to ask that they resize their entry so that it would be considered, but it didn't happen D:. That's the tricky part about size limits...
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Bunnylaroo at May 29, 2013 5:29:58 PM]
[May 29, 2013 5:23:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

If any of this helps ANYONE when it comes to running events, feel free to borrow bits of it.

Commonly used general guidelines for events

I've used pieces parts from Apollo's art and Feylind's writing events with permission because I will inevitably get asked "How do I post a picture?" if I don't list it. It's not carved in stone, it's just what I always had to go searching for, so I put it all in one spot.

edit to add-- and yes Bunny and everyone are right about the size thing - it's generally 600-700 pixels for the simplest of reasons: "That's the size they've always used". Larger tends to make the window all wonky. Check any previously run, similar event for guides like that. They're generally there for some reason.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at May 29, 2013 7:32:59 PM]
[May 29, 2013 7:26:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
edward12321

Thank you both to Dexla and Bunny for the help (not to mention by going farther by giving me useful links)!
I think I'll be sticking with 700x700. Though, I probably won't disqualify anything that extends the forum box just a bit if there's an issue. I don't like seeing good art go to waste. :)
Dalphin on Meridian
Swerve on Jade
Swerve on Opal

-CLotho

[May 30, 2013 1:18:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates