• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 54
Posts: 54   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6074 times and has 53 replies Next Thread
Belthazar451

Re: Lay siege en masse to our new server hardware! Reply to this Post

According to that link, the value of the prize is $529 USD, so I'd like to think we'd get something a little more valuable than a mug. =P

For example, for that amount of money, we could get 720 doubloons and five years' subscription. That'd go down nicely.=)
[May 23, 2013 3:54:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

According to that link, the value of the prize is $529 USD, so I'd like to think we'd get something a little more valuable than a mug. =P

For example, for that amount of money, we could get 720 doubloons and five years' subscription. That'd go down nicely.=)

I kind of wasn't exactly sort of meaning like just the mug almost maybe :P - but call me crazy.

Edit: Belt already does call me crazy though. Instead of that, call me sane?
Edit2cuzisopro: Even a mug is better than the nothing that the non-eligible for the iPad prize would get :)
----------------------------------------
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Notsizzly at May 23, 2013 4:17:08 AM]
[May 23, 2013 4:14:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

720 doubloons, four-and-a-half years' subscription, and a mug. =P

Mind you, strictly speaking, giving doubloons and/or subscription time as a prize doesn't really cost PP a cent. Or at least, it only costs them in potential future earnings...
[May 23, 2013 5:13:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Mind you, strictly speaking, giving doubloons and/or subscription time as a prize doesn't really cost PP a cent. Or at least, it only costs them in potential future earnings...

I'd log on for that. Mind you, I'd probably log on for a mug. If I remembered. And the timing didn't suck.

Why is it this event has to be all formal and lawyered up, compared to skill-based events awarding cards and mugs? Curious as to how that works.
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[May 23, 2013 5:26:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

You know, PP as a game and doubloons last only so long. 4.5 years subscription lasts...well, 4.5 years. But mug! That might last your entire life. You can even pass it on to your grand children! While admiring the Kraken! That is yet to be released...

Strictly speaking, you're right. Everyone else is right as well - it's great to have triple payout and increased chances for injuries but I do understand the feelings of being left out as well the limitations that Three Rings (Sega) has...and why it would be nice to get something in-game if you can't get the iPad. Heck, if it has to be real world item, then send the non-eligible winner a massive pack of those merchandise goodies (yes yes, it's not the same thing as an iPad but it's something) ^^.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[May 23, 2013 5:27:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Notsizzly wrote: 
That might last your entire life.

Or at least for the lifetime of the mug...

Strictly speaking, you're right.

I might be, but really I'm also just complaining that I'm not eligible for the grand prize, and there's no Plan B at all. Coupled with the fact that I have to log on before 8am on Saturday just to be online within the competition period, I'm strongly debating it's worth logging on just to help someone else be in the running for an iPad. Granted, it's going to help Sega Rings with their server test as well, but honestly? Is there any way that the entire current player base can top even the average crowd we had back in the Good Old Days?

Cynical much? =P

Ooo, ooo, $529 in iTunes credit to buy your own iPad. =D

Edit: No, wait. That wouldn't be an PP-brand iPad. No point to it, then.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Belthazar451 at May 23, 2013 1:58:32 PM]
[May 23, 2013 1:57:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eurydice
Community Manager

Sorry about the letdown for those folks outside of the U.S. and Canada. We wanted to open the iPad eligibility to everyone, but for legal reasons we couldn't. :( I hope you'll all still hop on and take advantage of the increased pillage payouts, etc.
Sigismundo tells you, "Ask not for whom the tiny violin shrills. It shrills for thee."
[May 23, 2013 3:47:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.guildcafe.com/member/Eurydice [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Sorry about the letdown for those folks outside of the U.S. and Canada. We wanted to open the iPad eligibility to everyone, but for legal reasons we couldn't. :( I hope you'll all still hop on and take advantage of the increased pillage payouts, etc.

I'm sure we all understand the situation and know that Three Rings/Sega wouldn't do that just out of being evil - and it's ok. There's been questions (well okay, requests) if you could instead give an in-game item of some sort to the winner, should the winner not be eligible for the iPad. Can you?
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[May 23, 2013 3:59:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ikketje

I would still like to know if I could enter the draw, being a European, and if I were to win, have the prize sent to a friend in the US.

How exactly will this work? Everyone enters the draw and questions about country of origin will be asked later?

I wouldn't want to be excluded based on my IP-address or something. I'm serious about willing to gift it.
Ikke on Meridian and Emerald
Veerle on Cerulean

~Avatar by Velternal
[May 24, 2013 3:24:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrb03

Not to be the devil's advocate but I just wanted to add that anything you can do to help keep Puzzle Pirates alive is a good thing. If the ipad launches for YPP in a big way and the servers crash, thats bad for the entire community. If we come out and help fill the servers today and that helps prevent a big crash for the ipad launch you are really helping keep the game alive and maybe grow the population. I know it isn't much but really we should try to support the game despite the various issues we have with the admin team. I'm sure if the YPP support job is anything like real life they'd love to help out anyway they can but their hands are probably tied by management, legal reasons, or if just way too much work for the few amount of people they have.

I'm simply saying that everyone that enjoys this game should show their support to promote growing the population/game. Playing the game for 15 more years is the best reward we could all be given.
- Jublain (Cerulean)
- Captain of Knot Working
[Edit 2 times, last edit by wrb03 at May 24, 2013 9:20:59 AM]
[May 24, 2013 9:15:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gorath

Well, last I seen was 937 pirates on Emerald before I had network outage.
Gorath
[May 24, 2013 11:43:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

My clients have frozen up as well. Trying to click on anything results in "internal error."

If 900 pirates causes the servers to freeze, I'm not sure how OOO planned on having up to ten thousand online at once. (For the highest tier on the iPad giveaway.)
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[May 24, 2013 11:45:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dadoui

Well this sucks. Their server used to be able to accomodate 1000-1200 back in the day, if my memory is right. Hopefully they will fix it soon and we poor little pirates can enjoy the triple pillage payout!
Douinette

Castor broadcasts, "Looks like a Power Hamster fell out of its cage. It has been returned to its duties. Hamster Appreciation Tourney soon!"
[May 24, 2013 11:47:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rowilliams

Well, last I seen was 937 pirates on Emerald before I had network outage.

Glad I'm not the only one who got kicked out...
Daxyy and Daxy on Emerald
If u wanna know where I'm from look it up...
Stalker of too many forums...
And now part of the action too...
[May 24, 2013 11:49:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inschato

I would bet it might be related to the new code they wrote for the contest, a bug perhaps? I'm pretty sure the server has gotten up to or at least very near ~930 during some busy blockade weekends so I don't really see why that alone would crash it. Other than the fact that there was at least one full GF in an HS, which is probably something that hasn't been tested much either..
-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean
[May 24, 2013 11:50:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrb03

to be honest probably having so many people attempting to log in at precisely 11:30-12:00ish is probably knocking it out. Im sure they will be bringing it back up soon with the kind of numbers they are looking for. This has got to be the kind of reason we are doing this test.
- Jublain (Cerulean)
- Captain of Knot Working
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrb03 at May 24, 2013 11:58:01 AM]
[May 24, 2013 11:54:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DebbieButler

Well this sucks. Their server used to be able to accomodate 1000-1200 back in the day, if my memory is right. Hopefully they will fix it soon and we poor little pirates can enjoy the triple pillage payout!

This must be just a Blast From the Past. I get a triple on Sailing and Bam it won't reset and everything freezes. Ahhhh fresh breezes of the good old days... I was just waiting for the magic number...937. Here I come Power Ball.

Debbibebbi
Fleet Officer and all around mischief maker
Chat Boochers
[May 24, 2013 11:56:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

Is anyone on Emerald right now?
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[May 24, 2013 12:12:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Moved to Meri!
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[May 24, 2013 12:16:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gorath

Moved to Meri!

Castor broadcasts, "(All Hands on Deck! is being swapped to the Meridian ocean (this one) due to Emerald being naughty. (http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/spyglass/entry/all_hands_on_deck)"

Gorath
[May 24, 2013 12:18:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inframan8

Only if you will be
Inframan
Super Retired.
Newest!
Loathe says, "Infra is carp god."
[May 24, 2013 12:22:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dadoui

I just read my signature after years of not using forum, it'll be quite appropriate if they manage to get Emerald back up.

Castor broadcasts, "Looks like a Power Hamster fell out of its cage. It has been returned to its duties. Hamster Appreciation Tourney soon!"

Douinette

[May 24, 2013 12:26:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

Only if you will be

Lol <3 I'd love to oblige but I'm at work. Maybe in an hour or so?
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[May 24, 2013 2:56:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

wrb03 wrote: 
Not to be the devil's advocate but I just wanted to add that anything you can do to help keep Puzzle Pirates alive is a good thing.

I think you're being the voice of reason. It's the rest of us playing devil's advocate. =P
[May 25, 2013 1:06:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 54   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates