• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3776 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
t3hm1k3y

YPP Fruit Baron - Foraging counter application Reply to this Post

I am not sure what is the best forum for this, so here it goes.

I love the foraging puzzle, and I like running fruit. I wrote an application last year to track my foraging numbers to see how much money I was actually making from that silly badge. The original intent was to add features to account for tracking jobbers and sales to manage fruit running operations. I took a break from the game, so I never flushed that part out.

I would have posted this sooner, but I needed to remove all the YPP fruit crate images before I shared it with anyone else. Enjoy the 30 second mspaint drawings.

http://ypp-fruit-baron.herokuapp.com/

Since I used this as an opportunity to learn C#, windows is the only currently supported operating system. If people enough people care about the tool, I could port it to something else or add the features I mentioned before.

Cheers,
tehmikey
[May 14, 2013 6:53:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Re: YPP Fruit Baron - Foraging counter application Reply to this Post

Looks interesting. Will take a look when I get a chance :)
----------------------------------------
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[May 14, 2013 7:31:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
t3hm1k3y

I was in a rush to get a rough draft posted yesterday, but I will update the webpage with basic instructions and put the contact/bug report links there as well. The only un-intuitive part may be the loading of the log files and what the buttons on that page do, so I will make sure to explain each button.

The app will scan an existing chat log from the last known time stamp. This means it will log all foraging data even if you were not watching the progress live.
[May 15, 2013 12:56:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Hey again mate! Hit me up in game if you get the chance. Want to talk to you about a few things. :)
[May 17, 2013 5:38:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
awright

Did someone say..... Baron?

Edit: On a side note, this is very interesting, and I plan on checking it out if I have some free time. In my experience though, nothing can beat a good old fashioned spread sheet when it comes to foraging.
-barcium

Original Huntard
[Edit 1 times, last edit by awright at May 24, 2013 10:48:51 PM]
[May 24, 2013 10:47:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

In my experience though, nothing can beat a good old fashioned spread sheet when it comes to foraging.

I can agree, but if you want a more in depth spreadsheet, it will take time. I have using a spreadsheet for the past while, but it is a pain to keep it updated.

Hoping to see some awesome changes soon :)
[May 25, 2013 9:35:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shawn007

Could you expand this to keep track of jobbers? For more of a commercial foraging operation?
Shawnthgreta of Sage
Former Prince of HE
Forme SO of YWN
FO of JFF
[Jun 9, 2013 4:51:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates