• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1175 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Skyelarking

Question For Veteran Players!! Reply to this Post

Hello,

So first off this is my new account. Yes NEW! but here let me briefly explain why I need your help.

I've been playing this game off an on for about 5 years. So I know the basics and brief gameplay. Clearly I want to play it, just something is not clicking.

But here's where I need your advice.If I really want to invest in this game how should I go about it. I know i'm thinking about it too much.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscription or Dubloons?

Which ocean has a better active rate of players? (consistent, and a good amount of jobbers)

I want to somehow either start a crew or join a crew, but i'd need people i could communicate with, you know consistent people
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I really want to know whats the best way to play puzzle pirates so that I could possibly meet a group o' pirates that are friendly enough and are on enough that the crew would be stable, something make me want to come back and play.

So people to play with :P Oh and I;m not sure who plays that are young adults like me now. I don't mind playing with anyone but it'd be easier to connect with someone closer to the age you are. :)

Thanks for Trying to make sense of my madness haha

hope to see you in game :-)

[May 5, 2013 4:37:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Question For Veteran Players!! Reply to this Post

Which ocean has a better active rate of players? (consistent, and a good amount of jobbers)

OOO has basically given up on the sub oceans. See: this thread. As a subscriber, this makes me very sad. I wish OOO would be more honest about it, but they haven't been.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[May 5, 2013 4:51:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NeonPanther

As stated above OOO doesn't really pay much attention to the subscriber ocean, or to be more specific they don't pay anymore attention to them then they do the dub oceans.

I would recommend a dub ocean. For one you asked about active players and the dub oceans usually have a much higher number of players online at any given time than the sub ocean. Also since you've been off and on for 5 years it would be less of a loss if you decided after a little while that PP just wasn't cutting it for you.

And as far as finding a crew I'm sure you wouldn't have to look far for one that meets your criteria. There are plenty of young active crews for you to hop into so don't get discourage if your first crew is not the perfect one for you. And like you said you could always just create your own once you get to that point.

Hope this helped :)
Pheonix of Emerald
SO and Strategist of the Crimson Marauders
Avatar by the amazing Wayfarer :)
[May 5, 2013 5:53:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skyelarking

As stated above OOO doesn't really pay much attention to the subscriber ocean, or to be more specific they don't pay anymore attention to them then they do the dub oceans.

I would recommend a dub ocean. For one you asked about active players and the dub oceans usually have a much higher number of players online at any given time than the sub ocean. Also since you've been off and on for 5 years it would be less of a loss if you decided after a little while that PP just wasn't cutting it for you.

And as far as finding a crew I'm sure you wouldn't have to look far for one that meets your criteria. There are plenty of young active crews for you to hop into so don't get discourage if your first crew is not the perfect one for you. And like you said you could always just create your own once you get to that point.

Hope this helped :)

Well thats good to know about the subscription oceans. Would you reccommend one dub ocean over the other or are they all pretty much the same now? yes this did help thank you
[May 6, 2013 3:55:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skyelarking

OOO has basically given up on the sub oceans. See: this thread. As a subscriber, this makes me very sad. I wish OOO would be more honest about it, but they haven't been.

Thanks for the news on the sub oceans I wouldn't have known.
[May 6, 2013 3:56:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NeonPanther

Would you reccommend one dub ocean over the other or are they all pretty much the same now?

Personally I prefer Emerald but honestly they are pretty much the same in terms of amount of players and activity. It pretty much comes down to if you like the players on Meridian or Emerald. If I was you I'd check them both out to see which you like better.
Pheonix of Emerald
SO and Strategist of the Crimson Marauders
Avatar by the amazing Wayfarer :)
[May 6, 2013 7:11:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bigie

One of the great things about pp is that there is no best way to play it. :) I would recommend playing both oceans until you find a person or group of people who you like. Additionally, if you really want to get into the game, ask a seasoned player to train you 1 on 1. It might be hard to find someone, but there are still some really great pirates out there. :-P if you decide to play on meridian, I can suggest a few mates to help you out. Captainben is probably one of the coolest people I've met online. He doesn't have much spare time nowadays, but he can teach you politics and will answer any questions about the game in general. Tzz would be good to ask about puzzle scoring,ECT. And Sweetkaya can answer your questions about the ingame market, prices and some crafting puzzles. I hope I helped clear a little bit of stuff up for you. :) Have fun!
[May 8, 2013 6:27:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hammer1

If you do join the subscription Ocean I will gift sub you one month for free . After that if you need or want a crew I could suggest a nice one for whatever your goals are . More of a community ocean , I could teach you battle nav as well if ye wish ,against the bots viva ventrillo . Blackhammer
Blackhammer.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hammer1 at May 13, 2013 12:05:39 PM]
[May 13, 2013 11:58:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates