• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1326 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Nightstone

Puzzle Standings? Reply to this Post

So, I'm thinking of making my own crew. I'm not sure of puzzle standings, and the Yppedia entry didn't clarify much. My ranks are:

Sailing: Solid/Proficient
Rigging: Narrow/Able
Carpentry: Solid/Able
Patching: Narrow/Proficient
Bilging: Solid/Proficient
TH: Narrow/Able
Navigation: Solid/Proficient
BNavigation: Solid/Able
SF: Broad/Able
Rumble:Apprentice/Able

Is this enough to be a captain? If not, what do I have to change?
[May 5, 2013 7:26:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Re: Puzzle Standings? Reply to this Post

Yes, these experience ranks are sufficient to create a new crew.
----------------------------------------
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[May 5, 2013 9:48:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Yes, these experience ranks are sufficient to create a new crew.

They are enough for the game, but if your best stat is proficient and your battle nav stat is barely-tried, I'm strongly going to recommend getting some training in a competent crew first, before trying to start your own.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[May 5, 2013 9:53:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darkseid

You have the ability to start a crew, but not the skill to make it good. Think to yourself, why would people join my crew? personality is not quite enough, your ability to run boyages is limited, I doubt they'll be profitable for you now. Your puzzle experience is negligible so you can't pass on information to other players.

Why are you in such a rush, there's active crews out there that'd be more than willing to take you into their ranks, there's crews out there with people willing to pass on information. get some real experience before rushing off to make a crew and you'll find it works a lot better and you'll be a lot happier with it, you'll also have maybe made some hearties willing to give you some advice.
Darkseid, Cerulean.
Senior Officer of Under the Black Flag.
[May 15, 2013 3:11:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates