• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5218 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
edward12321

[Event Proposal] Mother Knows Best! Reply to this Post

Pirate name: Dalphin of Meridian
Name of Event: Mother Knows Best!
Brief description:
Mother's Day is coming soon!
Make a mother's day card with at least one Oceanmaster featured in the card.
Venue: The event will be held on the forums and all oceans will be able to participate.
Particpation: Pirates will enter as individuals, and I expect at least 7 pirates to attend this event.
Expected Start Time: 12 AM game time, Monday, May 13th.
Planned Duration: Until 11:59 PM, game time, Friday, May 31st.
Judging Duration: Saturday, June 1st to Saturday, June 8th.
Desired Support:
Oceanmaster Assistance :
-Renaming of ship to "I Heart Mom"
-Distribution of prizes
Event Proposal:
Objective : Create a Mother's Day card with at least one Oceamaster featured within the card.
Rules :
-The art piece may be hand-drawn or digital.
-When submitting your entry, the entry must contain your pirate's name and their ocean, the event's name, and "2013" to prove that the art piece was created for this event.

How to enter :
Post your entry in this thread :
-Insert Seperate Entry thread-

How your piece will be judged :
-Neatness
-Visible principles of art
-Overall impression
-Colour coordination

Prizes :
(Unless any extra prizes are provided by an Oceanmaster)
1st place : Renamed* merchant brig + Pink ribbon stating participation
2nd place : Portrait easel + Pink ribbon
3rd place : Cherry Tree (furniture) + Pink ribbon
Participation : Pink ribbon
*Must be renamed by an Oceanmaster

Expected Player Assistance: Judging.
Possible Foreseen Problems: Bias in judging. To solve that, there will be 2-3 judges. If an Oceanmaster would like to participate as a judge, that would be appreciated!
Similar Events:
Another art contest http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=191850
Other Events Run: None. Don't hurt me!
----------------------------------------
Dalphin on Meridian
Swerve on Jade
Swerve on Opal

You can host as many as you want!
Have a great day :)
-CLotho

Event Run Count : 6
[Edit 4 times, last edit by edward12321 at Apr 29, 2013 3:49:05 PM]
[Apr 29, 2013 2:30:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Re: [Event Proposal] Mother Knows Best! Reply to this Post

Aloha! I think this is a wonderful idea for a event and it's so nice to see more people hosting "world" events!!! So THANK YOU!!!

The proposal looks wonderful! Just one thing you may need to reconsider is the renaming for the MB is a non-standard rename, and the OMs may not approve that, however you can also have a substitute possible rename "loving dreamer" or "loving Ma" (ma is mother in my mother language and also a standard fish name), some other possible fish names that would be a standard name: "loving/caring mama" (yay for research!!! - which i need to stop doing as i cannot afford that many RM's - but im totally gonna make a mama ship now ^_^ - for which i will hold you fully responsible!!!) or even a "tender kissing damsel"

Also, not sure which ocean is your main, but if it's cerulean where you will be hoarding prizes I would be happy to donate a regular sloop (second prize) (which can also be renamed by a OM) as well as some flower trinkets (will need to see how many extras i have, but may be able to get 3 ^_^ because mothers love flowers!! - you may also be able to ask the OM thats helping you if they would be willing to use their no card flowers and turn it to pink if you donate 3 regular flowers ^_^ )

A couple other ideas for prizes may be a some pink "herb/flower like" furni, once again I'd be willing to donate a planter of broom flowers on cerulean which can be added to second/third prize.
And (if cerulean doesnt work for donating prizes) I would be happy to donate making a digital avvy as a prize as well (guess i really like this event!!! But I want to participate so I'll just donate to the prize pool ^_^)

Oh! and you should see if the OM's would be willing to recolor the ships in "loving" motherly (pink/white/magenta/rose) colors ^_^

Also whether people are only allowed to enter one entry or multiple entries!!! And if you want in progress shots (the name card/in progress pictures will be challenging if you allow digital art...something to consider, and not sure how you will monitor this?)

I REALLY hope this event happens!!! It sounds like so much fun and being a mother myself I love the idea even more ^_^
Let me know if you want the donations Ill be away till the 9th but will check PM's as soon as I return ^_^
~Pixelpixie~
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Apr 30, 2013 12:39:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
edward12321

To be honest, I saw Dexla's story event and I thought to myself, "There needs to be more world events like these..." to make Puzzle Pirates just a tad bit more entertaining!

Silly me though! I didn't come up with the idea until recently. So I immediately emailed a revised version of my proposal (The one that you see above) because of the minimum 2 week wait if you'd like an Oceanmaster to help out. If I do receive an email back with a yes, I'll be sure to ask them about the colour change to something more 'festive' to the holiday. As well as mention changing the name to something more standard, such as "Mothers Day" or "Loving Mom".

Woops! Being new to the forums, I didn't even state what ocean I was from in my signature! I'm from Meridian!

Oh, and you don't have to donate any prizes! Hehe, really sweet of you though. :)
But uhm, I'll keep you up to date as well, seeing how you look like you definitely want to help out with my (first) event. If it does happen, and if you'd still like to donate an item to offer as a prize, I'll gladly add it onto the prizes to offer to contestants. I just hope it doesn't cause too much trouble though, seeing how we're on two different oceans.

One more thing! When you said 'digital avvie', did you mean that you would be willing to create an image for the event as an introduction? That would be really awesome to have cute image as a cute cover!

And happy (very) early Mother's Day! I hope your kids pull something really special for you!
Dalphin on Meridian
Swerve on Jade
Swerve on Opal

-CLotho

[Edit 1 times, last edit by edward12321 at Apr 30, 2013 3:45:23 PM]
[Apr 30, 2013 3:44:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

aloha again :) unfortunately i wont be able to make any event art as I'll be away for a while and working on moving soon, with digital avvy i meant one of the styles of avatars i sell on the forums :) (You can take a look by following the link in my signature)
But let me know if i can help with prizes on cerulean (maybe ask the helping OM if that is available) also, feel free to re-email the edited version of the event!! Just write in the subject that its a revised submission ^_^)
~Pixelpixie~
[Apr 30, 2013 4:38:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emieangel

This event sounds awesome! Will be looking forward to entering ;)
DarkFaery
Collector of Tigerfish, Catfish, Angelfish & Piranha
Avvie by the wonderful Wayfarer
[Apr 30, 2013 5:32:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
edward12321

Ooh! Got cha! I didn't know we could send a revised version! :)

But wow! If the event does happen, could I talk to you about your prizes later? I think some people would love a digital avatar by you. I know I like your art! Especially after I got to see the samples. o:
Dalphin on Meridian
Swerve on Jade
Swerve on Opal

-CLotho

[Apr 30, 2013 6:20:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
edward12321

This event sounds awesome! Will be looking forward to entering ;)

Thanks! I hope it happens because I'm looking forward to seeing your entries!
Dalphin on Meridian
Swerve on Jade
Swerve on Opal

-CLotho

[Apr 30, 2013 6:22:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Ooh! Gotcha! I didn't know we could send a revised version! :)

But wow! If the event does happen, could I talk to you about your prizes later? I think some people would love a digital avatar by you. I know I like your art! Especially after I got to see the samples. o:

Aye my offer stays open for a avatar as a prize ! (just may need to add it *may* taker a week or two to finish once i get all the info depending what else I have going on at the time ^_^) Just be sure to ask the OM too about prizes on multiple oceans :)

I'll be away till the 9th as of tomorrow but feel free to send PM's with info ^_^
[Apr 30, 2013 8:25:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
edward12321

Aye my offer stays open for a avatar as a prize ! (just may need to add it *may* taker a week or two to finish once i get all the info depending what else I have going on at the time ^_^) Just be sure to ask the OM too about prizes on multiple oceans :)

I'll be away till the 9th as of tomorrow but feel free to send PM's with info ^_^

Okay! Well the event wasn't even planned to start until the 13th, so of course I'll keep you updated when you come back from your trip!

Have a safe trip. :)
Dalphin on Meridian
Swerve on Jade
Swerve on Opal

-CLotho

[Apr 30, 2013 9:33:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xanther4

Be glad you got Booful on your side. She is one hell of an artist, and one dedicated event attendee.

Brown nosing semi-complete

I too love the event idea. Great work!
Wipley of Emerald
Darkfaery's Avatar Goodness

Making the forums awkward and the game more stupid since 2008.

Anything
[May 1, 2013 1:26:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
edward12321

Be glad you got Booful on your side. She is one hell of an artist, and one dedicated event attendee.

Brown nosing semi-complete

I too love the event idea. Great work!

Ooh, too bad she's gone for the week!
I'm sure she would've been happy to see such a positive compliment about her artwork. :)

But thanks! Any chance do you know how long an email usually takes to receive a reply?
Dalphin on Meridian
Swerve on Jade
Swerve on Opal

-CLotho

[May 1, 2013 12:47:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

But thanks! Any chance do you know how long an email usually takes to receive a reply?

Anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks.
Dexla d'Midnight
[May 1, 2013 1:03:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
edward12321

Anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks.

Awesome! Thank you, Dexla. :)
Dalphin on Meridian
Swerve on Jade
Swerve on Opal

-CLotho

[May 1, 2013 9:01:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates