• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 51
Posts: 51   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18875 times and has 50 replies Next Thread
emieangel

Re: [Proposal] Dress a Pet Event Reply to this Post

The prizes...

I kind of agree on Locu with the prizes thing. It would be nicer for the entrants if the pets were not named and less means more. It is beginning to look a little bloated and the more you put in the one category, the less value it appears to have.

All of our avatars have their own value by their own and can stand as individual prizes.

eg. 1. Avatar by Apolline
2. Avatar by Darkfaery
3. Avatar by Pixelpixie

then you can also have the pets/renamed sloop in the list

4. Renamed Sloop
5. Unnamed Dog
6. Unnamed Cat

Maybe the entrants can also choose their prize preferences and perhaps each winner can get a trinket to commemorate the event? This is always a nice touch.

I would suggest to look at some of the other events out there and see how the prizes are.

Edit: Forgot to put, that the avatars made should be of them and their pet. I want to keep the prize within the category :)
----------------------------------------
DarkFaery
Collector of Tigerfish, Catfish, Angelfish & Piranha
Avvie by the wonderful Wayfarer
[Edit 2 times, last edit by emieangel at May 5, 2013 3:25:04 AM]
[May 5, 2013 3:15:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

-I dont want to rename a sloop or paint one because I just spent all my poes on pets lol

-If you were entering the contest, wouldnt you rather a bundle of prizes versus just one?

Also trinkets cost about 3-5k each so I really would rather give out the pets since I have them versus going out and buying NEW things.

I like your idea about the person and the pet avvie. Will add that to the main post :))
Tinycat on Cerulean
Disclaimer: I purposely bring drama into peaceful conversations.
[May 5, 2013 4:52:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emieangel

Sorry I thought you were giving away a renamed sloop, I meant for that sloop
You already have on your list. Trinkets may be requested from ocean masters, as long as they are sensible ones like the flower trinkets.
I would personally rather win one unnamed pet than 5 named pets myself, and besides, like Locu said the event should not be about prizes. Think quality, rather than quantity.
DarkFaery
Collector of Tigerfish, Catfish, Angelfish & Piranha
Avvie by the wonderful Wayfarer
[May 5, 2013 5:33:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

I think at this point, all I can do is wait to see what Clotho replies to my emails. I'll definitely let you all know what happens with the prize list and what she decides as far as ocean master support goes. Thanks so much for your support and I hope to see your entries (if you are entering!).

Thanks again and all the best :)
Tinycat on Cerulean
[May 5, 2013 5:57:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Aloha...im sitting at the airport bored out of my skull so typing on the phone forgive me if I make spelling disasters. Anyways I agree 1unnamed pet (even a cat or puppy) along with a avvy and trinket is plenty. Can throw in a sloop but its easy to make the rest represent the theme. Also I think 3weeks to a month is plenty time for the event to run as well. As for claiming avvy. I would prefer sooner rather than later since rl may prevent fulltime playing. So claiming (giving link to pirate portrait) within 2 weeks of results being announced is fair in my opinion. Ok im boarding soon will be home in a couple days. :)
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[May 5, 2013 10:05:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Check out prize list now. DF/Pix let me know if you still want to donate avvies based on new prize scheme.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got oceanmaster assistance for prize delivery and to rename my pets to unnamed pets so all pets are unnamed now. I also am for sure not starting this this week, going to aim for next week or the week after.

Please give me any last minute advice, its been soo great so far. If I missed anything from your previous advice feel free to resay it, its a lot to read through
Tinycat on Cerulean
[Edit 2 times, last edit by PirateYoHo90 at May 6, 2013 1:50:36 PM]
[May 6, 2013 1:47:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Aloha! looks much better, I would personally eliminate the 4-6th prizes and only give trinkets for honorable mentions if you so choose. Also as for the avvies you could make it that the people who placed can choose who they want as a avvy: EG in their entry post order of preference and then whoever gets first gets first choice, second etc. looks much better over all and the post seems much more concise and clear now ^^
[May 6, 2013 5:39:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Aloha! looks much better, I would personally eliminate the 4-6th prizes and only give trinkets for honorable mentions if you so choose. Also as for the avvies you could make it that the people who placed can choose who they want as a avvy: EG in their entry post order of preference and then whoever gets first gets first choice, second etc. looks much better over all and the post seems much more concise and clear now ^^

I changed it around a little. Check it out and tell me what you think!

ps - I MISS U LIFE ISNT THE SAME WITHOUT YOUR NAME ON MY CREW WHEN IM LOGGED ON!!! Theres no one to be jealous of anymore:(

Also read the whole post again even the parts not about the prizes and revise :D
Tinycat on Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by PirateYoHo90 at May 6, 2013 7:28:06 PM]
[May 6, 2013 7:27:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Alrighty I think the contest is days away from opening!!!! YAY!!! Please take a look at the main post again, I believe it is for the last time...!!, I changed it around to be a real event looking post:

1) How does it look?
2) Do you have any suggestions on how to add to the first paragraph?
3) I changed prizes again to less stuff again. No honorable mentions
4) Read #2 under rules and let me know if that is ok or is that too strange to allow lol
Tinycat on Cerulean
[May 11, 2013 2:29:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Definitely looking better :D Though I would still prefer if they claim avvy prizes within a month of the event completion and prize announcement. ALSO, not sure I'd include the thing about the dead fish...I'd rather ONLy judge living animals...aka no Suffocating fishies! (negative points for suffering pets!) Another thing...you can keep Honorable mentions (kinda like a secret prize if you make us smile, laugh, fall off our chairs, go "aawwwww" etc) which you only announce AFTER judging. (keep to 3 prizes?) other than that it has definately come along well done ^_^ Can't wait to see this event!
[May 11, 2013 2:41:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Definitely looking better :D Though I would still prefer if they claim avvy prizes within a month of the event completion and prize announcement. ALSO, not sure I'd include the thing about the dead fish...I'd rather ONLy judge living animals...aka no Suffocating fishies! (negative points for suffering pets!) Another thing...you can keep Honorable mentions (kinda like a secret prize if you make us smile, laugh, fall off our chairs, go "aawwwww" etc) which you only announce AFTER judging. (keep to 3 prizes?) other than that it has definately come along well done ^_^ Can't wait to see this event!

Ok changed the avvie claim date to July. That gives them 1-2 monthsish depending when I start. Sometimes 1 month is hard!! Is that good??

I totally get what you mean but I kind of liked the dead fish idea because it keeps the contest open to those who dont have pets or arent allowed them you know??

Hmmmmm do they have 2-3k animal shaped furniture type of things? Like gargoyles or something?

Also how do I tell the OM people after when I'm ready for them to deliver prizes and judging is done? Do I just PM/email her when its done?
Tinycat on Cerulean
[May 11, 2013 5:49:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

I totally get what you mean but I kind of liked the dead fish idea because it keeps the contest open to those who dont have pets or arent allowed them you know??

This is just my opinion, but besides the fact that dressing a dead fish is sort of morbid, it's not dressing a pet - it's now dressing your dinner. The difficulty of putting accessories on a dead fish is WAAAAAAY lower than the difficulty of making clothes that will a)fit your pet and b)stay on your pet long enough for a picture to be taken. So it's not really fair to judge them together, in my opinion.

Basically, dressing a live pet = a cute event. Dressing a dead fish = kind of yucky.

Again, it's just my two cents.
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[May 11, 2013 6:30:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Also how do I tell the OM people after when I'm ready for them to deliver prizes and judging is done? Do I just PM/email her when its done?

PM to me or email to events works for this event. For future reference, while I'm currently helping with player events, that may change at anytime. Contacting the OM that replied to the email is always a safe bet!

On a side note: I had fish for dinner! Mwahaha!
[May 11, 2013 7:03:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

This is just my opinion, but besides the fact that dressing a dead fish is sort of morbid, it's not dressing a pet - it's now dressing your dinner. The difficulty of putting accessories on a dead fish is WAAAAAAY lower than the difficulty of making clothes that will a)fit your pet and b)stay on your pet long enough for a picture to be taken. So it's not really fair to judge them together, in my opinion.

Basically, dressing a live pet = a cute event. Dressing a dead fish = kind of yucky.

Again, it's just my two cents.

I definitely got that side of it now!! I removed dead fish part haha just thought it was a funny question. Dressing dinner lol...coming soon near you -- Dress your Dinner Event (feel free to dress a dead chicken, fish, etc!) haha would end up getting stuff like this:

On a different note, do any of yall know anyone who can translate the event into Spanish/German(is German the other ocean?)

Thanks
Tinycat on Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by PirateYoHo90 at May 11, 2013 7:50:59 PM]
[May 11, 2013 7:50:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

The question is, was it accessorized? :P
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[May 11, 2013 7:51:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

I hope I am not confusing things, you've had a lot of feedback and it can be hard to keep track.

Regarding the avatar prizes, it's ok to have different claim-by dates depending on the artist, and claiming instructions can also go into the prize post instead of the event post, if you think that works better.

If Pixelpixie is asking for a month deadline, I would stick to the artist's request.
For example,
"Claiming instructions for Avatar by Pixelpixie are ..."
"Claiming instructions for Avatar by Apolline are ..."
"Other prizes will be delivered by OM magic straight into your inventories soon!"

Otherwise, your event post looks good. It's straightforward, easy to read and I like the addition of pictures of the prizes :)

Good luck!
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[May 11, 2013 9:43:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

I hope I am not confusing things, you've had a lot of feedback and it can be hard to keep track.

Regarding the avatar prizes, it's ok to have different claim-by dates depending on the artist, and claiming instructions can also go into the prize post instead of the event post, if you think that works better.

If Pixelpixie is asking for a month deadline, I would stick to the artist's request.
For example,
"Claiming instructions for Avatar by Pixelpixie are ..."
"Claiming instructions for Avatar by Apolline are ..."
"Other prizes will be delivered by OM magic straight into your inventories soon!"

Otherwise, your event post looks good. It's straightforward, easy to read and I like the addition of pictures of the prizes :)

Good luck!

I am planning to change the avvie claim date for 1 month after judging just gotta figure out when I am going to post event. Thanks for advice!!!<3
Tinycat on Cerulean
[May 11, 2013 10:50:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

The question is, was it accessorized? :P

Of course! A beautiful necklace of rice and designer salad :)
[May 11, 2013 11:12:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Hi again!!

I've run across the problem of I cannot find anyone to translate the event into Spanish. I've asked a few people but none have gotten back to me thus far. Does google translator work for this type of thing or do any of you know any fast replying/translating Spanish speaking pirates?

ARRR.....Unfortuanately this lady is not available!
Tinycat on Cerulean
[May 19, 2013 7:35:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Found someone woot! The event will be coming to forums near you within the next week!!:)
Tinycat on Cerulean
[May 19, 2013 10:28:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

google translator does not work for such things. try to ask in jade forums, there is a translation thread.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[May 20, 2013 1:21:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 51   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates