• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 51
Posts: 51   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15471 times and has 50 replies Next Thread
PirateYoHo90

[Proposal] Dress a Pet Event Reply to this Post

PICS TO BE EDITED/CHANGED ... (notes to self)
-need title of event in my main pic
-need to change pic to have a name card
-would like to display dif type of animal..

The Dress a Pet Event is inspired by my cat, Missy, and new kitten, Mittens. It is a very simple and straightforward event -- dress your pet as a pirate. You must dress your pet as a pirate with at least 4 accessories, 2 of which should be crafted by you from scratch!! For instance the pictured hook is crafted by foil and the pictured eye patch is a cutout paper.

Prizes:
First place:
-a sloop, black cat and a pig, a clay avvie by Apolline AND a digital avvie by Pixelpixie

Second place:
-Grey dog and grey puppy, and a drawn avvie by Apolline

Third place:
-Tan dog and a drawn avvie by Apolline

Fourth place:
Grey cat

Avvie information:
-Must be of you and your entered pet
-May take 3-6 weeks for delivery
-must be claimed by July 1, 2013

Rules:
1) Your pet must not be abused for this event!!!! No hissing, scratching or biting allowed
2) Get creative. Feel free to use any animal. Compliant parrots, cats, dogs, reptiles, bunnies, etc are all acceptable.
3) Your pet must be dressed up as a pirate. He or she must have a minimum of four accessories. For instance, my cat pictured above has a eyepatch, hat, hook, coins, and whistle. Two of your accessories must be home-made.
4) Your entry must include a name card so I know your pet is really yours. The namecard should include your pirate name, ocean, and the year (2013).

Your entry should include:
-a name-card with your pirate name, ocean, and year
-2-4 pictures of your pet with his or her costume on
-a brief summary of your ideas, work ethic, etc
-your pets name, age, species, and gender

Judging:
1) Judging will take between 1-3 weeks
2) You will be judged based on creativity, variety, uniqueness and photo clarity.
3) There will be more then one opinion so dont just try to please me :)
----------------------------------------
Tinycat on Cerulean
Disclaimer: I purposely bring drama into peaceful conversations.
[Edit 15 times, last edit by PirateYoHo90 at May 11, 2013 7:45:58 PM]
[Apr 25, 2013 9:05:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Re: [Proposal] Dress a Pet Event Reply to this Post

First off, your kitty looks adorable. I have a tolerant cat, but I don't think she'd go for an eyepatch.

As far as prize support goes, the wonderful way OM prize delivery works is that you provide the prizes on your home ocean, and they will deliver the prizes by means of OM super powers to any ocean (so you won't need a sloop on each ocean, just one sloop :D) if that makes sense.
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[Apr 25, 2013 10:04:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

4) I forgot in my fake entry below (will try to update before event), but your entry must include a name card so I know your pet is really yours. The namecard should include your pirate name, ocean, and the year (2012).

This looks like a really fun event! However, unless I'm mistaken, the year is 2013. :P
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Scythera <3
[Apr 25, 2013 10:05:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

@Bunny -- My cat got all stiff and glared at me the whole time haha! Wait till I try two kitties. I did not know that about ocean masters. However, I would like 3 first prizes, 1 for each ocean so it kind of makes sense to ask for 3 right?

@Empress -- OOPSIE!!!! Its natural impulse to type 2012 eeks!
Tinycat on Cerulean
[Apr 25, 2013 10:09:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

OMs usually don't provide support to first time event runners. The exception is prize delivery, not prize multiplication. Perhaps it's the same for the OMs, but I doubt that they handle that the same way.
The solution would be to provide 3 sloops/pets/trinkets each on Cerulean.

The thing I love about (non-writing) art events is, that you can have pirates on Opal and Jade join the event too without much additional effort (there are several pirates who translate events if asked). I also believe, that you might not have a big competition on every ocean if you handle each ocean seperately.

I have to say that I won't try to participate because my cat already was very enraged about having a helmet held over her for the Eightycats avatar. I don't want to think what happens if I try to dress her. Better for the both of us if I don't try, but a funny idea, just not for my pet!
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Apr 25, 2013 11:40:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

OMs usually don't provide support to first time event runners. The exception is prize delivery, not prize multiplication. Perhaps it's the same for the OMs, but I doubt that they handle that the same way.
The solution would be to provide 3 sloops/pets/trinkets each on Cerulean.

I did not know this information, especially about OMs not providing prizes to first timers! If they deny the request, I will just have to save up on each ocean in which case the contest may start later. I still would love to host this nevertheless.

I see your point about not judging each ocean and I completely agree. I should just have 3 main prizes right? However, if I provide 3 sloops/pets just on Cerulean doesnt that make it a Cerulean only event?

I have to say that I won't try to participate because my cat already was very enraged about having a helmet held over her for the Eightycats avatar. I don't want to think what happens if I try to dress her. Better for the both of us if I don't try, but a funny idea, just not for my pet!

I need a pic I bet she was so cute! Cats are really entertaining when we do weird things to them
Tinycat on Cerulean
[Apr 26, 2013 12:35:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

You can see the pic in the entry thread for dolls galore (eightycats)

OMs may do prize delivery for first time event hosts, so you can still have an all ocean event with prizes only on cerulean. Just not a prize set for each ocean.

[Apr 26, 2013 2:19:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

OMs may do prize delivery for first time event hosts, so you can still have an all ocean event with prizes only on cerulean. Just not a prize set for each ocean.

Yeah, I think they usually agree to deliver prizes for a first timer, but don't hold us to that!

As for providing your prizes, IF you get OM delivery support to deliver them, it does NOT have to be on your home ocean. I always buy my prizes on a dub ocean because it's quicker and easier for me to do there. The OMs do prefer that you have all of your prizes gathered on ONE ocean though. I usually make an alt who has nothing, to hold all my prizes, and when the event is over, I let the OM know the name of the alt, and which ocean to find it on - and then they remove everything from him/her.

I also agree with Locu- I would group all oceans together - it's really not fair if one ocean has 20 entries, and another only has 2 - the ocean with fewer entrants might win something just by default and that's kinda... unbalanced... especially if the entry is not-so-great. Plus, you want to leave this open to Opal and Jade too, right?

BUT that's not to say you can't award three 1st prizes. There does not have to be specific numerical orders.

Prizes:
Top three entries win a brand new sloop!
Three runners-up will give a new home to a brand new pet*
Animal-related inscribed trinkets* to be awarded to the winners and honorable mentions!

(*you might want to be more specific - which animal trinket? which pet?)

Another note - some people look at the bottom line cost of items and might consider the pet to be a better prize than the sloop since it costs more. I would chose pet over sloop because it relates to the event better, but that's my opinion.

I hope you go through with this. I know it looks and sounds like a lot of work, it is, but it's completely worth it, and we need more people willing to run events.

I have 3 cats and they will tear my eyes out if I tried to do something like this to them. If you need a judge or a little help, give me a shout.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Dexla at Apr 26, 2013 6:36:12 AM]
[Apr 26, 2013 6:33:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

@Dexla, so if I got the prizes on Cerulean then they can take them off Cerulean to deliver them? I am not sure if thats what your saying. Sorry I'm so confused haha, I've been raised thinking things on oceans dont move to each other lol

YES, I would love you as a judge!!! 1 more to go.

I see your point about the pets. I would love to offer them but sloops are cheaper for me in the long run. Maybe the prizes could be like this:

-First place (2 entries will get this): A sloop, pet, and trinket
-Second place: sloop and trinket
-Third place: pet and trinket
(second and third should be switched??)
-2-3 honorable mentions (or just a fourth place) with a pet-like (yes, I have to find one so do not know this yet) trinket

I think if I have someone like y'all giving me advice, I will be able to pull this off. It may not start until the May 20's though instead of the 10's which is worse for school but better for preparation and stuff.

I love everyone's support, comments, and suggestions so far! Thank you so much for all of this new information! This kind of reminds me of the process of writing an essay...write, revise, revise, revise, revise, glare, revise, revise!
Tinycat on Cerulean
[Apr 26, 2013 11:10:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

@Dexla, so if I got the prizes on Cerulean then they can take them off Cerulean to deliver them? I am not sure if thats what your saying. Sorry I'm so confused haha, I've been raised thinking things on oceans dont move to each other lol

I don't think they actually transfer it - I believe they actually magic up another on the destination ocean, but I settle for the simple answer: OMs have special powers and I, as a mere mortal, do not need to question the ways of the gods. LOL! Short answer is- you only have to collect you prizes on one ocean of your choice, if the OMs agree to deliver them for you BEFORE hand.

-First place (2 entries will get this): A sloop, pet, and trinket
-Second place: sloop and trinket
-Third place: pet and trinket
(second and third should be switched??)
-2-3 honorable mentions (or just a fourth place) with a pet-like (yes, I have to find one so do not know this yet) trinket
Sounds good--- but, it's all up to you! You are da boss.

This kind of reminds me of the process of writing an essay...write, revise, revise, revise, revise, glare, revise, revise!

Yes it is! But it's a good type of "work" because the end result is fun!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at Apr 26, 2013 11:43:33 AM]
[Apr 26, 2013 11:39:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Short answer is- you only have to collect you prizes on one ocean of your choice, if the OMs agree to deliver them for you BEFORE hand.

So I need 3 sloops, 3 pets, and 5-7 trinkets = 100kish. Thats really discouraging :(

The sloops wouldnt be hard for me but the pets would. SIGH
Tinycat on Cerulean
[Apr 26, 2013 5:44:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

looks like a fun event apo! Some questions I can answer:

1) you need only provide prizes on one ocean (most OM's will deliver to all oceans if they are asked via the email before hand) This is why they accept any physical prize - they simply magic it up somewhere else :)

2) this means that if someone entered a puppy you can then reward a puppy and cat etc. As dexla said, I also keep the prizes on a uncomplicated less crowded alt that i never use :) Once the event has been judged you simply till the OM helping who gets what and make sure you have it ^_^ (so maybe store the poe on a alt that would be spend on pets?)

3) If the event is run planned properly etc, and the Om's deem it a "good event" (dont ask me how this is decided - think they look at the details in planning etc) then they are willing to "embellish" prizes (eg: i donated ships for my event and they graciously allowed me to give them a standard rename (which I had submitted with my proposal) since it was relevant names to the event)

4) you can do what bunny did with the yeti event and let people *choos* their prize based on a list of available prizes...always a option ^_^

5) outlining (to the OM for sure) what criteria you will judge on: eg: it made me fall on the floor laughing, i died from cuteness, people have ___!as a pet o.O etc :)...scales from 1-10 etc :)

(hope that answers the questions and makes sense...im kinda tired and not yet wined up enough ~.^ (jk)

Ok some questions I DO have for the event:

1) does it HAVE to be pets? (or can I disguise my son as a puppy and use him since I don't have pets???) but seriously, you should specify if it has to be a live animal ...i know i know...I COULD go dig up that poor bird that froze and use it...but ...um...anyways :D details details please ^_^ (and vote YES to kids as pets!!!) <3

ok was just one question...

um...should you decide that children are not eligible to be pets...I suppose i would help you judge...*pouts* I wanted to enter this fun event :( But yes Ill help...Oh and you dont need the judges to be on separate oceans ^_^between Dex and myself you will have experienced event runners that can help ye out and we've both had to deal with dub oceans :) (PS: you can always just ask me ~.^)

~ Pixelpixie ~
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Apr 26, 2013 7:09:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

looks like a fun event apo! Some questions I can answer:

2) this means that if someone entered a puppy you can then reward a puppy and cat etc. As dexla said, I also keep the prizes on a uncomplicated less crowded alt that i never use :) Once the event has been judged you simply till the OM helping who gets what and make sure you have it ^_^ (so maybe store the poe on a alt that would be spend on pets?)

I put prizes on an alt that has nothing except his starting foil and the prizes in the inventory. If I understood that correctly that makes things much easier for the OM.
As well I provide the trinket inscriptions as copy-paste-template in a PM.

3) If the event is run planned properly etc, and the Om's deem it a "good event" (dont ask me how this is decided - think they look at the details in planning etc) then they are willing to "embellish" prizes (eg: i donated ships for my event and they graciously allowed me to give them a standard rename (which I had submitted with my proposal) since it was relevant names to the event)

You have not been a first time event runner, even if that event is your first with OM support. I don't think you get renames on your first event.

4) you can do what bunny did with the yeti event and let people *choos* their prize based on a list of available prizes...always a option ^_^

As ships have a different value on dub oceans than on Cerulean, that is a good way to go, especially if the event needs a forum post. So just ask people to post what prize order they prefer.

So I need 3 sloops, 3 pets, and 5-7 trinkets = 100kish. Thats really discouraging :( The sloops wouldnt be hard for me but the pets would. SIGH

If you have problems with getting the prizes just put smaller ones on the line. An event is not defined by its prizes! dressing someone's pet and making photos is fun (ok not for my cat, so not for me), no matter if you give out a coloured familiar or just a nice trinket.

Why not offering:

Prizes (default order)
A sloop (renamed if you can spare the RMs (about 24-30k on Cerulean)) and a commemorative trinket
A big pet and a commemorative trinket
A pet and a commemorative trinket
Or just colored sloops in "pet colours" and have the first prize renamed.

Not every event contains a familiar and not every event needs to contain one. ;)

[Apr 27, 2013 1:09:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

You've got a lot of great feedback here :).

If you're looking for similar events run to put in your proposal, here are some links you might find helpful:

Similar because it's a photography contest:
Pirates in the Real World
Entry thread for that one just for kicks :) my cat makes an appearance here by the way :P

The Pirates in the Real World was an OM run contest for RL prizes (and Cronus doll/ egg).

Similar because it involves making piratey accessories:
Dexla's Bandanarama
Aaaaand more entries

Similar because it's about pets with clothes:
Addrielle's Change the Leopard's Spots
And those entries too!

Those are 3 I remembered that you could consider "similar". It really helps to look at those similar events to get an idea of questions people might ask too, so you can answer them in your Event post beforehand.

I just want to add that Clotho is incredibly lovely and helpful when it comes to event proposals in my experience, so you'll also get great feedback there :D

If the cost of the prizes seems to be too much for you, you could always just have one less first prize winner (that would be one less sloop/pet to worry about). While two first prizes is very generous, it's also a liittle unconventional ;P In terms of trinkets, they don't necessarily need to be "animals" (since those might be seasonal i.e. the hermit crab). You could give out looped ribbons (2k each on sub ocean, and available year round) and just call them something clever. Like "Runners up will receive an inscribed pet collar (by which I mean a looped ribbon trinket ;P)" With a nice inscription, ribbon trinkets are just as special to me as other trinkets.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Bunnylaroo at Apr 27, 2013 9:50:26 AM]
[Apr 27, 2013 9:24:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

@Locu----

If you have problems with getting the prizes just put smaller ones on the line. An event is not defined by its prizes! dressing someone's pet and making photos is fun (ok not for my cat, so not for me), no matter if you give out a coloured familiar or just a nice trinket.

I'm almost done getting them now lol so might not be too hard. I have 2 out of 3 pets, 1 out of 3 sloops and 0 out of 6 trinkets. Trinkets are a pain argh.
Also, no familiars in this contest.

@Everyone ---- Can I buy some stuff on dub oceans and some stuff on my sub ocean and tell the OM? I have saved up poe/dubs on there so might help me to do that.

@Bunny --- Wow thank you soo much! Those contests look pretty cool. I cant believe no one has come up with this idea yet haha it makes me feel very creative! Also I just PMed Clotho thanks soo much!! It would be good to have a specific OM to help me know what is and isnt allowed especially since its the first one I'll be running.
Tinycat on Cerulean
[Apr 27, 2013 7:42:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

@Everyone ---- Can I buy some stuff on dub oceans and some stuff on my sub ocean and tell the OM? I have saved up poe/dubs on there so might help me to do that

@Bunny --- Wow thank you soo much! Those contests look pretty cool. I cant believe no one has come up with this idea yet haha it makes me feel very creative! Also I just PMed Clotho thanks soo much!! It would be good to have a specific OM to help me know what is and isnt allowed especially since its the first one I'll be running.

As far as the first question: I was told that to have all the prizes on one alt with no other items was the easiest way for the OMs to work it.

I know Clotho will give you great advice! Just remember that you need to email your event proposal to the email address (in the events how-to sticky thread) if you're requesting OM assistance (if you haven't already done that).

[Apr 27, 2013 9:47:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

I haven't been kidnapped! Will get the details to Apolline as soon as possible. In the meantime, most of the comments I've seen here are right on track, thank you! For other details and questions, you can always refer to the Events How-To thread that Bunnylaroo mentioned.
[Apr 28, 2013 6:57:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emieangel

Cute idea! I love pets! Since I don't have any I won't be able to enter, but offer my services as a judge if you still need one :)
DarkFaery
Collector of Tigerfish, Catfish, Angelfish & Piranha
Avvie by the wonderful Wayfarer
[Apr 28, 2013 8:21:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Oh! Another prize idea could be a pet-themed avatar created by you! (Or perhaps another avatar artist would be so kind to donate their time and talent!)
Dexla d'Midnight
[Apr 28, 2013 8:43:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emieangel

Oh! Another prize idea could be a pet-themed avatar created by you! (Or perhaps another avatar artist would be so kind to donate their time and talent!)

Great idea :) I will gladly donate an avvie to the prize pool if so wanted!
DarkFaery
Collector of Tigerfish, Catfish, Angelfish & Piranha
Avvie by the wonderful Wayfarer
[Apr 28, 2013 8:47:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Aha so here are my prizes...

First place: sloop named "___________", unnamed black cat, and sheep named Baabaa black death, and a cat named Clawzz
Second place: 1 pig named Baconator, a puppy named Kirito, and a cat named Lemoncreme
Third place: A dog named Rambo and a dog named Jenny
Fourth place: Dog named Jenny
Fifth: Dog named Boomer
Sixth: Small dog named Milly

Yay:) How does that sound? Those are all things I own!!! Should I take out 5th/6th place? Should I make the prizes less pets like 2 prizes instead of 3?

----------------

PS - My 6 month old kitten somehow was pregnant and got a late term abortion so I am officially starting this contest later so I can dress her too when shes better
Tinycat on Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by PirateYoHo90 at May 1, 2013 9:23:31 PM]
[May 1, 2013 9:22:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

I edited my first post. Can yall re-read it (esp. Dexla and Pixelpixie)????? I added new things and took away other stuff so can you read it and help me revise it? Pretend its like an essay ;)

EDIT: Darkfaery please read too (:
Tinycat on Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by PirateYoHo90 at May 2, 2013 6:08:25 PM]
[May 2, 2013 12:27:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

I edited my first post. Can yall re-read it (esp. Dexla and Pixelpixie)????? I added new things and took away other stuff so can you read it and help me revise it? Pretend its like an essay ;)

ACK! I'm sorry - I didn't mean I'd make an avatar! I am the worst avatar artist there is! I merely suggested finding someone to provide their services to you - sorry if I wasn't clear!

/me goes back to reading
Dexla d'Midnight
[May 2, 2013 12:41:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Double post- sorry:

First you say:
"....dress your pet as a pirate. Preferably home made objects and costumes, but if you have extra things laying about feel free to use them. "

Then later you say:
(rule 3) "Two of your accessories must be home-made."

"Preferably" suggests you would LIKE home made but it is not mandatory and you're free to use things lying about the house, and that contradicts rule 3 where two items MUST be home made.

I would say:
-- dress your pet as a pirate with at least 4 accessories, 2 of which should be crafted by you, from scratch!

That's all I see...
Dexla d'Midnight
[May 2, 2013 12:56:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Double post- sorry:

First you say:
"....dress your pet as a pirate. Preferably home made objects and costumes, but if you have extra things laying about feel free to use them. "

Then later you say:
(rule 3) "Two of your accessories must be home-made."

"Preferably" suggests you would LIKE home made but it is not mandatory and you're free to use things lying about the house, and that contradicts rule 3 where two items MUST be home made.

I would say:
-- dress your pet as a pirate with at least 4 accessories, 2 of which should be crafted by you, from scratch!

That's all I see...

My bad I got confused between you and darkfaery!!!! Eeeek!! Alrighty will get to editing soon!! Thank you i totally did not realize that!
Tinycat on Cerulean
[May 2, 2013 4:09:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

First place: sloop named "___________", unnamed black cat, and sheep named Baabaa black death, and a cat named Clawzz
Second place: 1 pig named Baconator, a puppy named Kirito, and a cat named Lemoncreme

I think those prizes feel like bloated to reach a bigger value for all of them.

An event should never been for the prizes, so if you can't provide familiars, lots of LE ships etc, just don't. Don't part from your loved ingame pets just to have more prizes.
I'm not sure how it is with first-time-event runners, but perhaps Clotho can delete the names of a few of them and then having the prizes in that way:

1st A sloop renamed to '__________' and a black cat
2nd A sheep and a pig
3rd A cat and a dog

Honorable mentions: a dog or a cat

All winners receive a pet collar (ribbon) in addition to their prize.

Just as suggestion, of course you are free to distribute prizes the way you want, but more isn't always better!

4 points X
3 points for Y
3 points for Z

I deleted the exact points in case you want to delete them in your post too.

Inflate the numbers for each category.
Art events are hard to judge and you want to give small point differences sometimes, if one is slightly better, but if 1 point already is 33% of the category you have very few choices available.
If you want to keep the same weight of each category, just try for
12-9-9 so you have 30 points total, but have more room in each category. Else you are very likely to end up with a draw.

As well I wouldn't expose judges before the event started.

PS: Don't think I don't like the event, I just want to help you with it.

[May 3, 2013 12:07:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

I think those prizes feel like bloated to reach a bigger value for all of them.

An event should never been for the prizes, so if you can't provide familiars, lots of LE ships etc, just don't. Don't part from your loved ingame pets just to have more prizes.
I'm not sure how it is with first-time-event runners, but perhaps Clotho can delete the names of a few of them and then having the prizes in that way:

1st A sloop renamed to '__________' and a black cat
2nd A sheep and a pig
3rd A cat and a dog

Honorable mentions: a dog or a cat

All winners receive a pet collar (ribbon) in addition to their prize.

I kind of like how my prize scheme is setup. Those pets are not my beloved pets because I bought them specifically for this event :) Im rich enough to spare a few poe on pets lol

Just as suggestion, of course you are free to distribute prizes the way you want, but more isn't always better!

Inflate the numbers for each category.
Art events are hard to judge and you want to give small point differences sometimes, if one is slightly better, but if 1 point already is 33% of the category you have very few choices available.
If you want to keep the same weight of each category, just try for
12-9-9 so you have 30 points total, but have more room in each category. Else you are very likely to end up with a draw.

Great suggestions! I will either take away the point option or distribute it like you said.

As well I wouldn't expose judges before the event started.

PS: Don't think I don't like the event, I just want to help you with it.

I did not think about the judges part! Great idea! I am soo thrilled your critiquing it, its exactly what I need! Thanks for spending the time to help me with this!
Tinycat on Cerulean
[May 3, 2013 12:49:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

(shhhh im not really here as Im supposed to be off the grid ~ so i didnt read everything) I did however glance over the suggestion of a avvy as a prize and id be happy to donate a digital avvy of the pirate and his/her chosen entered pet (note tho it may take a couple weeks to create as ill be having a lot of rl changes/move etc coming up in my nearish future) ok back to the black digital-less-oblivion for me <3
~Pixelpixie
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[May 3, 2013 8:36:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Miley1

As cute and cuddly as your cat is (PS I dress her up too :D) My pony has enough "swag" than it needs. It has naked/saddle swag! Which is better than clothe Dx haha....ya ):
Emerald Ocean
Royal Family of Wales
Giamia says, "whats the cheapest familiar besides a rat"
Ladyhollie greeter chats, "the guy who does the shiny voice in treasure haul...is it the same one from the outback commercials
[May 3, 2013 9:38:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AOL LOOOOOOOOOL    LOL? [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

I did however glance over the suggestion of a avvy as a prize and id be happy to donate a digital avvy of the pirate and his/her chosen entered pet

I added your prize. Is 3-6 weeks good from when they order it? I can change that part :D Thanks sooo mucho!! I miss you:)

Also for you and Darkfaery who are making avvies I changed it a little and added that they should be claimed by December 31, 2013. Should I extend, take out or shorten that date?

As cute and cuddly as your cat is (PS I dress her up too :D) My pony has enough "swag" than it needs. It has naked/saddle swag! Which is better than clothe Dx haha....ya ):

Wait you have a RL horse?!?
Tinycat on Cerulean
[May 4, 2013 8:57:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 51   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates