• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1322 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
smexi4u

Atlantis Reply to this Post

before anyone wants to run more crap...

I loaded cit run, plank 2 people for treasure hauling out of turn, 3 more get on there... so i pulled out of atlantis..

better then planking 5 people in the 1st few miniutes...
----------------------------------------
Zadkiel on Cerulean
Interrogator on Emerald

Tea party anyone?
[Apr 24, 2013 4:54:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MorganaP

Re: Atlantis Reply to this Post

I have noticed in the last couple of weeks, jobbers on lots of cit runs with different navers are ignoring standard cit run rules more and more.

It should not be hard to remember.

1. Do not job unless you have approx 90 minutes to spare. Emergencies are one thing and are forgiven, but having to leave for work, school etc hell you knew before you got on the ship what the time was so why not skip the run till you have the amount of time needed.
2. Take those 1 on 1's unless the navers says otherwise
3. Volunteer, they Maa wont use you unless they really have to
4. Puzzle, there is no lazing station on a junk, the only two people with out a station are the MAA and the defender.

and finally
5. Do Not Haul unless the navers okays it.

Morgana
[Apr 24, 2013 5:07:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

@Morg
-Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

If you want to succeed in Atlantis, you must first seduce and then sleep with turtles.
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Apr 24, 2013 6:27:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MorganaP

Seduce and sleep with as many Turtles as you like Zarchi, who am i to judge lol, just don't TH unless ordered.

hugs
Morgs
[Apr 24, 2013 6:52:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

Seduce and sleep with as many Turtles as you like Zarchi, who am i to judge lol, just don't TH unless ordered.

hugs
Morgs

*gives chocolate*
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Apr 24, 2013 8:37:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Foilistc

And people wonder why YPP loses player base.

There are rules for Citadel runs that are posted somewhere in the game, or on the YPPedia, or somewhere?

Sounds like the more experienced player base just made up some rules, common sense to them but not to all players, and they negatively reinforce not knowing said made up rules by planking players who never bother to hop on another ship and end up either playing in the inns, or quitting because of the rude players in the game from their perspective. Then the experienced players complain that it takes forever to fill a boat. Pretty handy cycle there.

F
I'm old. I don't look it but I'm beginning to feel it in my heart...
[Apr 24, 2013 8:45:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.strangebreezes.com/imps    carlknoch    cdscarlk [Link]  Go to top 
MorganaP

If the players in question were new I would agree with you Foilistc, but they weren't, they were experienced pirates who should know better.
They were asked to leave TH a couple of times and then ordered to leave it, the jobbers in question choose to ignore that order, it was only then they were planked.

As for rules being listed, Cit run rules used to be given to the entire ship at the start of every run by the navers or MAA's, most Navers seem to have stopped doing this, as it was taken for granted jobbers knew what the rules were. It would seem that it is the failure to repeat those rules every single trip, that is to blame here.

Morgana
[Apr 24, 2013 9:56:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

As for rules being listed, Cit run rules used to be given to the entire ship at the start of every run by the navers or MAA's, most Navers seem to have stopped doing this, as it was taken for granted jobbers knew what the rules were. It would seem that it is the failure to repeat those rules every single trip, that is to blame here.

Please do not take for granted that jobbers know what the rules are. Just because pirates have experience on their characters doesn't mean they have experience in these particular runs.

Giving those can't hurt, and could help a lot (with people like me, for instance -- I'm somewhat-newly-returning and have only been on a few of these.)

In this particular case, I don't know -- I would think they would know to leave TH when ordered to. I do think giving the rules at the start will help in general.
Fujiko on Cerulean.
WTB: Mako ships, penguins, Neerie's prize-winning egg (a card suits one,) more of Greylady's sixth prize-winning eggs (the penguin one.)
[Apr 25, 2013 8:57:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smexi4u

Please do not take for granted that jobbers know what the rules are. Just because pirates have experience on their characters doesn't mean they have experience in these particular runs.

The people first 2 people i planked mite not have kown, but the next 3 to jump on th right after i planked them 2, they knew and go with me everyday, so the whitle and a shout telling people to stay off trueasure haul be anything but asking people to stay off it at that point in time.

there is no argument here so why are people trying to creat one? its a well known fact to all navers that jobbers do not listen if it comes to treasure haul in atlantis to teaming.

if i jobbed more offen id be sick and tired to be seing stuff on how to team every single time, sometimes if the fray is close ill ask people to team. if its no ill let them get there buts kicked and point out that teaming sucked. if they do it a second time. ill leave

if people like to be told what to do every 5minutes, then they shouldnt even bother applying for me im here to have fun not baby sit pirates who cant think for themselfs
Zadkiel on Cerulean
Interrogator on Emerald

Tea party anyone?
[Apr 25, 2013 2:57:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
upgrade431

It's easy as don't job them. Not seeing the purpose of your post still
-Upgradde on Cerulean and Emerald Ocean

-My words are my own, and are not a representation of others.
[Apr 25, 2013 6:04:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

I don't like to be told every 5 minutes. Nobody does.
I like to be told when I don't know what to do. Once at the beginning is sufficient.

1. Do not job unless you have approx 90 minutes to spare. Emergencies are one thing and are forgiven, but having to leave for work, school etc hell you knew before you got on the ship what the time was so why not skip the run till you have the amount of time needed.
2. Take those 1 on 1's unless the navers says otherwise
3. Volunteer, they Maa wont use you unless they really have to
4. Puzzle, there is no lazing station on a junk, the only two people with out a station are the MAA and the defender.
5. Do Not Haul unless the navers okays it.

is more than enough. You just can't assume everyone knows this stuff; if you don't automatically know it, often it's not that you can't think for yourself but that you've never heard it. Takes about a minute, if that. Macro it even. You're done for the run.

Plank people who know what to do and aren't? Sure. But planking people who don't know what to do, and complaining they don't figure it out, seems counterproductive.
Fujiko on Cerulean.
WTB: Mako ships, penguins, Neerie's prize-winning egg (a card suits one,) more of Greylady's sixth prize-winning eggs (the penguin one.)
[Apr 26, 2013 7:46:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
v76odessa

its a well known fact to all navers that jobbers do not listen if it comes to treasure haul in atlantis to teaming.

No its not.

Cept for Crip, he cant help but to Thual.
Vova

Home at Dies Irae.

Harrjm tells you " I always wished I could grow up to be you"
[Apr 26, 2013 11:49:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates