• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5802 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Ownedbyme2

Rate my logos Reply to this Post

Hi,

Ive been making logos for my new company and i would like to know which one you prefer the most. Any criticism appreciated :)

Please rate them in order as well if you don't mind :)
----------------------------------------
Karus on Jade and Hunter oceans :)
[Apr 10, 2013 2:49:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Furreal5

Re: Rate my logos Reply to this Post

Just fyi I think the last two entertainment is misspelled, but other than that nice job. I like the first one!
Maxamoose of Emerald

Prince- Stay Classy

SO- Hashtag
[Apr 10, 2013 2:51:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ownedbyme2

Just fyi I think the last two entertainment is misspelled, but other than that nice job. I like the first one!

Whoops yeah you are right, ill fix that :P Thanks!
[Apr 10, 2013 2:54:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
XEcastasy

Does it have to be those colors? I personally like the setup of the first one, but I really don't like the red being so bright and so dominate. I find my eyes strain a little when I try to read the title of the company. I'd play with switching the colors or different colors, if possible. Or try desaturating the red. Also not sure about that drop shadow when the other half is flat images.

I also like the last one, but once again, if possible, play around with the color scheme
Ecastasy of ... Cerulean

[Edit 2 times, last edit by XEcastasy at Apr 10, 2013 3:08:39 PM]
[Apr 10, 2013 3:06:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mkessler

I like the first one too; however, my first thought of it was that it looks a bit like a "Jesus Fish"... like people put on the back of their cars. Not that that's a bad thing, but you may or may not want a religious affiliation. It's also possible it's jumping out at be like that due to the color.
Isza of Emerald
[Apr 10, 2013 6:22:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ownedbyme2

Thanks for your replies guys! I'll play around with it to see if it will get better and not look so much like a jesus fish xD
[Apr 11, 2013 1:04:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Just a little word of advice : don't forget to shrink your logo down to something that would fit on your business card, or at the top of your letterhead - and then consider how legible it is.

The film making icons have so much detail, that if they are reduced in size, might become jumbled, unrecognizable, little spots and so, for that reason, I pick #2 even though it's has a less literal meaning.

If I went with #2, I might brighten up those colors. Perhaps something in the range of red/blue/green since that is how video and lighting colors work.
The placement of your company name Infinite is nice, if it's still legible when it's small, but perhaps you might want to move 'entertainment' beneath the logo so you can make it a little larger (I'm not sure I like my suggestion there, but the gist is, to try to get entertainment larger, so you can still read it when the logo is smaller.)

I do not like the font in logos 3 and 4 at all. Sorry - It looks amateurish and the "I" looks like a "J"

Have you considered a blank film strip in the infinity loop shape? No additional little icons, just the film - it still says film making - but I suppose it could also mean photography... just a thought...

Just opinions/food for thought. Not telling you what to do with your work! :D
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Dexla at Apr 11, 2013 1:43:08 PM]
[Apr 11, 2013 6:29:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

do a film strip - infinity with your company name, ie combine your and Dexla's idea
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Apr 11, 2013 12:21:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opticomnious

I like the 1st and 3rd one :X
Opticomnious-meridian ocean
Opti-cerulean ocean
Avvie by my amazing talented friend: way way <3
[Apr 11, 2013 5:53:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xLunessa

I agree with the comments on the first one looking like a jesus fish, and the color combination, although the color might not look as dominating in a smaller form, you could also consider switching the two, with the infinite entertainment in red, etc.

I also agree on the text used in 3 and 4 looking very amateurish, but the font you use for the rest of them works pretty well.

On the second logo the image overlay/screen is distorted, which means you must not have locked the dimensions of the image you used before stretching/shrinking it. I don't know how the logo would work if it had the proper dimensions for that image, but you should give it a try if you intend to use that logo further.

The film strip idea works well too, the blank ones would probably work better though, and the film strip shouldn't look like it was just placed on the image. It should fit in with the infinity symbol, either by being blended with it well, such as if you did end up going with a black infinity symbol, or if you did the infinity symbol out of film strips, like created it from piercing together stocks of film strips, blank or filled.
Lunessa on Emerald;
[Apr 13, 2013 10:26:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Skype id: immaskitty [Link]  Go to top 
Miley1

I like the first one, because it is cool how you have part of the symbol to have common movie symbols. :D
Emerald Ocean
I hate Kaltrina
Giamia says, "whats the cheapest familiar besides a rat"
Ladyhollie greeter chats, "the guy who does the shiny voice in treasure haul...is it the same one from the outback commercials
[Apr 15, 2013 1:13:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AOL LOOOOOOOOOL    LOL? [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates