• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 48
Posts: 48   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6268 times and has 47 replies Next Thread
Booful

[Missing!!!OM's] Immediate action required [Winners announced & Prizes delivered] Reply to this Post

It has come to my attention that both Gaea and Poseidon have gone missing ...if you are like me you have refreshed the Mariners Muse forums almost hourly to see whether they have responded to the Dolls galore event But to no avail!!! Thus I am calling this a state of emergency!!! Both the land and sea Om's have gone missing...and as Pirates we need them both to be found!!!

It is your job to create a 3D-Diorama of what happened to them and where they are.. were they kidnapped...or eaten by sea monsters...are they sitting chained in a dungeon...or...or...who knows? This event is to discover what happened to them!!! Why have no one seen them>??? Where have they gone?

NOTE: the diorama isn't just a sculpture of your chosen OM it NEEDS to be set in a theme!!!

* Rules
- General forum rules apply
- Entry must include a list of materials used, at least 2 in-progress photos, and your final masterpiece Include also a picture of your finished art with a name card that has your Name; Ocean; 2013 on it
- Original work only! Cannot replicate an existing piece of art. If you are using references from an original source, please link the image along with your in-progress photos.
- Maximum image size is 600 x 600 pixels, saved in either .png or .jpeg format (inserting image is preferred over linking the image)
- Any medium of art is acceptable (ex. Includes sculpting, forming mosaics, clay, sewing, beeswax, your moms flowers...but alas please refrain from using pets as they tend to destroy any accessories you may add to them)
- Diorama must create a "scene" not just be a sculpture of the OM (the background can be computer generated and printed/drawn/painted/smeared with dirt...but your diorama must be placed inside it)
- You can only enter ONCE for each OM (Gaea/Poseidon)

*Entry Guidelines *
post in entry thread relevant to each OM (Gaea/poseidon)

Category: Gaea or Poseidon
Name:
Ocean:
Short description of what is happening to the OM - where did they go missing...a brief description of your diorama
Title:
Material List :
Progress Photos: (at least 2)
Final Masterpiece: (picture no larger than 600 by 600 pixels)

Things that will be judged on: Effort, creativity, originality, theme, aesthetics

Gaea Entry thread
Poseidon Entry thread

there will be two categories of prizes, one for each Om featured: (Gaea and Poseidon)

1st Place : renamed dhow + Thalia egg + inscribed trinket
Gaea : Dhow: Missing Paradise fish + Thalias egg + inscribed trinket
Poseidon : Dhow: Missing Pearlfish + Thalia's egg + inscribed trinket

2nd Place: renamed Sloop + winning egg + inscribed trinket
Gaea: Sloop: Cruel Earth eater + Fearees egg + inscribed trinket
Poseidon: Sloop: Scheming Sea poacher + Seleens egg + inscribed trinket

3rd Place: "themed" Furniture set and easter egg + inscribed trinket (one for each Gaea and Poseidon)

This event will close on Friday May 17th at 11:59pm Game time Any entries added or edited after this time will be disqualified.

This event is open to ALL OCEANS however your written description of your diorama must be in English to be judged.

So start searching and lets find these missing Ocean masters!!!

EDIT: As extra incentive to help us find the missing OM's The lovely Muse Thalia has offered two of her eggs to the ones who can solve this mystery!!! [prize lists updated to reflect this]

EDIT: extended the deadline by 7 days due to some real life interference! Fear not this is actually a good thing ~.^
----------------------------------------
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Edit 10 times, last edit by Booful at May 28, 2013 10:34:38 AM]
[Apr 9, 2013 9:41:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Re: [Missing!!!OM's] Immediate action required Reply to this Post

This space reserved for any questions and answers
[Apr 9, 2013 9:48:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

AH MAZING ART!!! (at the top)

I'm so excited:))
**I have the best captain ever!!!!***
Tinycat on Cerulean
Clotho tells ye, "those have to happen naturally, one can't force genius to spawn!"
Hera tells ye, "Fake me!?"
Galene tells ye, "*me steals your choco monkey*"
[Apr 9, 2013 10:30:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

o_o....
I need to join this @.@
Yumisa World Wide ;)
Your Favourite Cookie Monster <3

[Seasonal Avatars ~ The Comeback! ]
[Apr 11, 2013 3:04:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

o_o....
I need to join this @.@

yes you do :D
EVERYONE does...we NEED to find them!!!!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Booful at Apr 11, 2013 8:53:42 AM]
[Apr 11, 2013 8:49:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sjyusuke

Re: [Missing!!!OM's] Immediate action required [win renamed dhow/sloop/eggs] Reply to this Post

lol this funny, but awesome idea.
very creative.. and cute ;)

I think ima have to join this contest
[Apr 13, 2013 2:47:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Re: [Missing!!!OM's] Immediate action required [win renamed dhow/sloop/eggs] Reply to this Post

lol this funny, but awesome idea.
very creative.. and cute ;)

I think ima have to join this contest

tehe thanks :D One has to see the silver lining in the darkest clouds and make the best of a bad situation...and give out more stuff because stuff is always needed!
Can't wait to start seeing entries ^_^
[Apr 13, 2013 10:20:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fireprymid

Do the progress photos need to be 600x600 pixels also?
Fireprymid on Sage Emerald ocean.
Avvie by Apolline http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=190669

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028668668
[Apr 14, 2013 8:54:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

I don't think that they are limited, but I wouldn't keep them too big.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Apr 14, 2013 9:22:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

no they don't, however if you resize them they wont break my computer or internet trying to open them ^_^ But i wont DQ based on the size of the progress shots...Just make sure the one you post as a image in the entry page is the right size
(whenever I make a large project for entries I usually have a link to "larger image" of the final product; in case people want to see more details, this is fine and even encouraged :D
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Booful at Apr 14, 2013 9:25:31 AM]
[Apr 14, 2013 9:24:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bob1993

Hi! Do they have to be two different scenes if I do two entries?
Semi-Retired Bcbrendan on Cobalt; Avvie by Cattrin!
Clotho tells ye, "you mean... actually... do things? GASP!"
Clotho tells ye, "/me hides in shame"
[Apr 20, 2013 1:27:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

yes each scene/entry has to be a separate creation. ex. You cant just make a "doll" for each Om and use the same scene (hope that makes sense).

And a question that was asked earlier, yes you can have TWO FINAL entries, ONE for EACH separate OM :)
[Apr 20, 2013 1:37:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

FAIL!!! Reply to this Post

thought i'd share my undoing!

so beautiful...

to...

and now he has fake legs...

modeling clay (vs polymer) is to blame!! ALL MY CLAY GOT MIXED UP!!!

EDIT --- this is the second pan this month of my moms i ruined. The pan now lives under the bed with the other one...sigh
Tinycat on Cerulean
Clotho tells ye, "those have to happen naturally, one can't force genius to spawn!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by PirateYoHo90 at Apr 20, 2013 4:30:30 PM]
[Apr 20, 2013 4:25:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Re: FAIL!!! Reply to this Post

awww poor apo :(
[Apr 20, 2013 4:54:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

I didn't take a photo of my materials before starting, since it just said "List"...I hope that's ok >.>
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[Apr 23, 2013 4:53:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

thats fine :) as long as i can see that you *made* it from some parts and materials :D
[Apr 23, 2013 6:19:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Rumor has it they've been spotted! Is this true?

Hilando las hebras de la vida pirata...

[Apr 25, 2013 10:46:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

Well, you must have X-ray vision, cuz' the dolls contest is still unjudged >.>
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian
Clotho tells ye, "I love your musical art, thank you for sharing!"

Avvy by the awesome Velternal!
[Apr 25, 2013 12:00:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Rumor has it they've been spotted! Is this true?

/e didn't spot them...the rumors must be based on false evidence!
[Apr 25, 2013 12:08:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Some questions that were PM'd that I thought others may want the answers for:

The OMs in the actual scene, do they have to be 'sculpted' - will it DQ me if not? For example, can I just draw them on a piece of a paper, cut that out and place in the scene?

They do NOT have to sculpted per se; however I am looking for a 3-D object of some sort. As for a "paper doll" I suppose it will be acceptable if its fitting to the scene, and the whole scene still gives a 3-D effect (hope that makes sense) (I'm not just looking for a painted/drawn image..)

Do the OMs need to actually look like the 'real' ones? For example, can the clothes be different - will it score lower?

As long as I can see that it is Gaea and Poseidon I am not particular on what they are wearing...

Can I use actual objects in it? For example, can I take an existing real world doll, dress it up and things and put it to pose as an OM?

This is a tricky one...I want you to CREATE the OM's and the theme - that being said using real objects like sticks and stones or buttons are acceptable. But I would have to say no to simply dressing a pre-bought doll...

Can the final shot of the finished work be cropped so that no background of the real world is shown - the diorama fills the picture entirely, that is?
Yes you can crop the image, as long as I can see the name card and progress shots the final image is free to be cropped to make it look its best ^_^
[Apr 27, 2013 6:36:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Re: [Missing!!!OM's] Immediate action required [win renamed ships/Thalia eggs and more] [Entry deadline May 10th] Reply to this Post

Only 5 days left to get your entries in! So get to it!!!
[May 4, 2013 3:01:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Re: [Missing!!!OM's] Immediate action required [win renamed ships/Thalia eggs and more] [Entry deadline May 15th] Reply to this Post

due to some real life interference I have extended the deadline by 5 days...so get to it!!!
[May 8, 2013 12:43:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Re: [Missing!!!OM's] Immediate action required [win renamed ships/Thalia eggs and more] [Entry deadline May 15th] Reply to this Post

Just for clarification: isn't may 15th a Wednesday? As in a week from today?

[May 8, 2013 5:50:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

due to some real life interference I have extended the deadline by 5 days...so get to it!!!

Feel free to extend it more ;) Yayyyy I'm soo thrilled!!!<3
Tinycat on Cerulean
[May 8, 2013 6:32:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

yes it is..my week doesn't run on normal week rhythm, since my husband is and a 4 and 4 shift :) So enjoy the 5 extra days! And make sure you look for those OM's in every dark corner! (even under the bed!!!)
[May 8, 2013 10:30:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

yes it is..my week doesn't run on normal week rhythm, since my husband is and a 4 and 4 shift :) So enjoy the 5 extra days! And make sure you look for those OM's in every dark corner! (even under the bed!!!)

I brought it up because in the first post it says "Friday, May 15th"...so you might want to change it ;P

[May 8, 2013 10:42:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

haha thanks ^_^ I'm sooo tired from travelling >.< I should just extend to Friday the 17th...make everyone happy....Happy Wednesday :) Hopefully this means more entries!!!!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Booful at May 8, 2013 10:49:24 PM]
[May 8, 2013 10:46:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

I should just extend to Friday the 17th...make everyone happy....

i've never loveed u more<3 i was so sad i wasnt going to be able to do gaea but now i can!!!
Tinycat on Cerulean
[May 9, 2013 12:07:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

haha thanks ^_^ I'm sooo tired from travelling >.< I should just extend to Friday the 17th...make everyone happy....Happy Wednesday :) Hopefully this means more entries!!!!

Yay!
Faeree of Emerald~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[May 9, 2013 10:29:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Can I just say that this is a fun event ^^

Here's a question: explaining what's going on in the images we post is optional, right? I assume the answer is yes but my brain went on an early vacation few weeks ago...
Sizzly of Emerald.

Buying Lexicon's and Ringer eggs.
[May 14, 2013 5:01:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 48   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates