• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 41
Posts: 41   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4127 times and has 40 replies Next Thread
Auntyjinxed

CI Sloop Race 4 - The Pirates' Retribution: 3rd May 2013 at 4pm GT Reply to this Post

First there was Chaos and Carnage in the Cursed Isles followed by the Birthday CI Sloop Race.
Then came Revenge of the CI Sloop Race.
Now it's time for:

CI Sloop race 4 - The Pirates' Retribution

This race will take place on Friday 3rd May 2013 at 4pm gametime

Teams of 7 will be provided with a sloop stocked with rum and cannonballs, and a CI chart to the same area. Starting from port, the race takes you into the CI area and to the island where the idea is to get as many bone boxes as possible so that you are the first to port with a total of 300 or more bone boxes.

It is up to each team to decide how many times they re-enter, whether they thrall, and whether to port in between. Just to make things more interesting there is an element of jeopardy as you are allowed to shoot each other within the CI and PvP each other between the CI and port. In the event of all ships sinking, the last alive will be declared the winner, otherwise it is the first to port with 300 or more bone boxes.

Of course, if you make it to port with booty, you get to keep the booty divide as with any normal CI.

The winners will receive 20k PoE each, a CI trinket and a small momento of the competition,and all participants will receive a small momento of the competition.

How to take part:

You will need a bravery badge to take part.

You must be able to play until 7pm GT (although it will likely finish earlier this is to allow for the setting up and the distribution of prizes)

Please let me know that you wish to take part either by PM, or replying to this post, or by sending me a tell in-game.

Please include what your best station preferences are (eg Carp only, or sails/bilge) and if you wish to be considered as bnav (please put station preference too though).

I will assign people to teams to try to ensure an even balance in each sloop, using 2 for sails, 2 for carp and 2 for bilge, and with consideration of trophies gained. In the case of having too many pirates wanting one station (eg carp only), I will review your pirate stats to allocate to a different station. The bnav will have time to talk to the team about the plan of action, so can change to a 3,2,1 and decide thralling vs non-thralling, listening to what the stationers say about their abilities. The bnav should also consider nominating a deputy bnav in case of disconnection.

I will contact all the chosen bnavers to tell them they are bnaving and give them the opportunity to ask questions. It would be great if the bnavers can make themselves available from 3.30pm so that the sloop allocation can go more smoothly.

A maximum of 56 people can take part and in the case of oversubscription will take the first 56 registered. If there are absences on the day, then I will put out to jobbing and rearrange the teams accordingly.

I will start jobbing at 3.30pm, and will set up a reminder tourney for the hour before that (with the aim of having the tourney finish before the 4pm start). There will be tables on ship, and maybe other entertainment too whilst people arrive and I organise the sloops.

Each bnav will receive the deed of a stocked sloop once all the stationers are on the sloop. This keeps everyone party to crew chat but allows the bnav control of the vessel.
It can take 30 minutes to get people in the right place so please have patience and co-operate with what you are asked to do. Once the sloops are filled, the race will start - this will be as close to 4pm as possible.

All participants must wear an enlightened mask

I will act as the referee for the race, communicating with the bnavs and watching from within and without the CI. In the case of any dispute, my decision shall be final. Any sloops not sunk will be returned to me.

If you have any questions then please ask via the forum preferably, otherwise asking me via a tell ingame will be fine.

The past races have been much fun and highly amusing (except for one bnav who got miffed at being sunk!) - join in and see for yourself!
----------------------------------------
Auntyjinxed

SO of Immortal Pirates
Princess of Smoke & Mirrors
Meridian Ocean

Avatar by the phenomenally talented Yumisa
[Apr 3, 2013 4:41:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pixulayted

Re: CI Sloop Race 4 - The Pirates' Retribution: 3rd May 2013 at 4pm GT Reply to this Post

What if we have a full team of 7? Do we all have to register separately and hope to be on the same boat?

Edit: holy typos, batman
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pixulayted at Apr 3, 2013 7:38:26 AM]
[Apr 3, 2013 7:37:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auntyjinxed

Re: CI Sloop Race 4 - The Pirates' Retribution: 3rd May 2013 at 4pm GT Reply to this Post

You do all need to apply as individuals (or a list in one forum post), but you are unlikely to end up on the same boat.

I have tried to run this event before with teams applying, but there are usually dropouts who need replacing and there can be an extremely good ci team against a not so good ci team which does alter the fun a team might have.

Putting together teams myself means I can adapt to dropouts, and try and balance the teams. So this then becomes about a pirate doing their best and trying to work as a team with pirates they might not have worked with before.

I hope this does not put you off - remember it can be fun to get a win over a crew member in a different team!
Auntyjinxed

SO of Immortal Pirates
Meridian Ocean

[Apr 3, 2013 10:27:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
basement123

I shall take part! It's a bit of fun after all and lord knows this game needs it >__<

Station:

Thralls - Bilge
Non thralling - Rigs/Bilge

Errr, You might also want to remind me closer to the date as I am a forgetful poor soul :c <3
Roses are red, Canada is purple, I suck at poems, Refrigerator.

Pnckecookie - Meridian

Prince of What A Ride

[Apr 3, 2013 11:23:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pixulayted

I will assign people to teams to try to ensure an even balance in each sloop, using 2 for sails, 2 for carp and 2 for bilge, and with consideration of trophies gained.

Can we know more details about this? Is it based off rank, xp, both? And token trophys, fren forage trophys?

I don't mean to be annoying, I'm just curious about some of the more fine tuned details of the event.
[Apr 3, 2013 11:31:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

need to check what time i finish work on that day but count me in to carp :)
Yasmi on Meridian

Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Apr 3, 2013 11:34:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
events_tuly

Sounds fun sign me up please! :)

Any station is fine, though my bilge thralling is so so.
Tuly
[Apr 3, 2013 3:59:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auntyjinxed

I will assign people to teams to try to ensure an even balance in each sloop, using 2 for sails, 2 for carp and 2 for bilge, and with consideration of trophies gained.

Can we know more details about this? Is it based off rank, xp, both? And token trophys, fren forage trophys?

I don't mean to be annoying, I'm just curious about some of the more fine tuned details of the event.

Good question - I make up a spreadsheet containing rank, token trophies and frenetic forage trophies. I'll then sort the players according to stations and try to create a first mix which matches a stonger carper with a weaker carper (for instance) and where I can will try to see if I can get at least 1 out of each station as a possible tokener. Obviously stats only tell you so much, so the bnav will have time to work out any changes. If the first mix is not working, I'll keep reworking until I think it is as fair as I can make it.

The other problem happens when there are dropouts and jobbing into spaces - there then may have to be a compromise made about getting the right type of jobber and actually doing the race.

That's as about as detailed as I can make it without knowing all the participants
Auntyjinxed

SO of Immortal Pirates
Meridian Ocean

[Apr 3, 2013 6:55:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
basement123

Will we know the teams a bit before hand so we can have a practice run all together?

Pnckecookie - Meridian

Prince of What A Ride

[Apr 4, 2013 6:04:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penguinbr

I can be put on Bnav..
..Or I can sail thralling/non thralling.

Its gonna be fun either way

... By the way I would like to suggest Sokol bnaving a sloop
Penguinbr
I don't know you, but I think I hate you

"Decennium says, "I clearly read: Penguin brat lol"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Penguinbr at Apr 4, 2013 11:12:59 AM]
[Apr 4, 2013 10:57:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bramkiller

I would like to join,

Thalling: carp and sail
Non thalling: all stations
Can do bnav If needed

I'm looking forward to it
Bramkiller on Meridian ocean
[Apr 5, 2013 4:49:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
amartino

AunTAYYY!!

Count me in.

Station: wherever u need

Kinda surprised it's not based on first to hit 300 CC's instead of bone boxes but whatev.

Also- if anyone needs a CI mask, hit me up
Piecesoeight on Meridian

Don't waste your time
Or time will waste you

================
[Apr 5, 2013 6:40:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Furreal5

I'm in for this! Main is Maxamoose on Emerald, but I have an alt on Meridian with a badge :)! Pirate on Meridian is Swaggeerr.

Can thrall at patching, sailing, and bilging.
Maxamoose of Emerald

Prince- Stay Classy

SO- Hashtag
[Apr 5, 2013 8:55:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

I'd be interested in joining, preferred thralling station is carp.
#freeicyman #numberone3p

Empresstamar of Emerald.
Patching videos
Gorgeous avatar by Yumisa <3
[Apr 10, 2013 11:11:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mrbengaluru

MRBENGALURU on meridian !!!

SO LILITH's Perfume (bnav - first choice)
[Apr 12, 2013 7:53:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kschmauch

I'd like to join. I can Bnav and Preferred token station is sails, but I can carp token also.
Keverrs on the Viridian Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kschmauch at Apr 24, 2013 5:24:03 PM]
[Apr 15, 2013 8:34:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Triumph_

I just have to check how I wor and so, since sleep before work can be quite good... But I want to!

I prefer sails, but if it's non-thralling I could do carp/patch.
Bonneville
[Apr 16, 2013 12:41:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
basement123

Just a heads up, I won't be bilge thralling unless I have the #1 trophy by then or I can use an alt :P

Forget that <3

Pnckecookie - Meridian

Prince of What A Ride

[Edit 1 times, last edit by basement123 at Apr 18, 2013 3:10:26 AM]
[Apr 17, 2013 9:48:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
alanli713

Pirate name: Alanli

Station:

Sailing - Thrall / Non-Thrall
Patching - Non-Thrall
[Apr 21, 2013 9:55:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Heliamphora

Heliamphora ingame

Prefer Bnav

Will Rig, Bilge or Gun.
[Apr 24, 2013 5:00:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Heliamphora

AunTAYYY!!

Count me in.

Station: wherever u need

Kinda surprised it's not based on first to hit 300 CC's instead of bone boxes but whatev.

Also- if anyone needs a CI mask, hit me up

I would be very grateful for a mask.
[Apr 24, 2013 6:25:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spy_x59

I will sign up if i am free that day, which i hope i am

hope to bnav, showing the world what a proficient can do :)

Nors
Yours Truly
Nors on Meridian
nobody of Meridian

(As if Pirate be truthful)

Just being completely irrelevant, as usual

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/o4BHcMn.png[/IMG
[Apr 24, 2013 10:50:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
averyrose

I Wanna be in it Aunty.

tokening Sails please
non tokening i will go where needed
please don't make me bnav.

*grin*
[Apr 25, 2013 8:39:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateJosh5

I'd like to sign up as well :]

Thralls - Rigs
No thralling - any

Joshy
Meridian Ocean
Confused and Abused
[Apr 25, 2013 4:48:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
basement123

Gimme a mask someone pleaseee <3

I'll wuv you forever and ever n.n

Pnckecookie - Meridian

Prince of What A Ride

[Apr 26, 2013 2:28:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
amartino

Gimme a mask someone pleaseee

gotcha covered. just give it back dammmit :)
Piecesoeight on Meridian

Don't waste your time
Or time will waste you

================
[Edit 1 times, last edit by amartino at Apr 26, 2013 4:04:59 AM]
[Apr 26, 2013 4:02:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
basement123

Gimme a mask someone pleaseee

gotcha covered. just give it back dammmit :)

What do you take me for?! D:

Pnckecookie - Meridian

Prince of What A Ride

[Apr 26, 2013 10:03:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doornroosje1

hoi i would like to take part on this race:) i would like to bnav or else take sails:)
[Apr 28, 2013 8:14:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AlexKilbride

I want participate.

Pirate name: Alexkilbride

Preference: Carp( No thralling ) or sail.

Alexkilbride SO of POWER OF LOVE

Prince of DIAMOND FOREVER
[Edit 1 times, last edit by AlexKilbride at Apr 28, 2013 8:23:28 AM]
[Apr 28, 2013 8:17:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meandj

I want to participate

Mej
station: sailing

Thanks
[Apr 28, 2013 8:59:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 41   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates