• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 47
Posts: 47   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7671 times and has 46 replies Next Thread
pegasiswolf

Xmas in July 2013!!! 24 hr nonstop WF pillage event -WIN a PARROT!! Reply to this Post

it will be 24 hr NONSTOP pillage on a WARFRIG this year...

date is set to start July 5, 2013.. at 10am game time ... and end July 6, 2013.. at 10am game time.. so it should not interfere with any blockades

the format will be the SAME as previous years... (if u are not familiar with this annual event.. check out the forum posts for Xmas in July 2011 and Xmas in July 2012 )

we sail nonstop.. get into battles along the way... like a regular pillage.. with 3 main differences....

1) everyone that comes.. will be given a FREE red candycane outfit (red stripeys)

2) every few minutes.. we will be doing fun things to win 1 of OVER 150 wrapped presents ... that could be ships/pets/furniture or other nice items...

3) we will be keeping track of duty reports and giving out points based on performance.... with prizes for the overall top 3 scorers in each station type (so the longer u stay the more points u can rack up.. points do NOT have to be consecutive.. yes you may leave and then come back.. so hop on often)

Points will be given as follows:
2 pts. for each Incredible
1 pt. for each Excellent

points for gunning will ONLY be counted using the Duty Report at the end of battles
points for all other stations will ONLY be counted using the Duty Report at each League Point (NOT the DR before or after battles)
---plz be patient during the first few duty reports as there will be up to 75 pirates onboard... and it takes us a moment to type names on the list for the first time.. this speeds up as we go... only having to add the NEW names to the list each time... while doing a tally for everyone that scored points that lp------

a PRELIMINARY PRIZE LIST is as follows:

Top combined OVERALL score (regardless of station(s)) will Win a:

Green /Tan PARROT FAMILIAR!!

someone will win "Prize Elf " a Renamed/Painted WARFRIG... (the ship used during the event)

1st place Sails -Red /Green Longship
1st place Rigs -Red /Green Longship
1st place Carp -Red /Green Longship
1st place Patching -Red /Green Longship
1st place Bilge -Red /Green Longship
1st place Guns -Red /Green Longship

2nd place Sails -Red /Green Sloop
2nd place Rigs -Red /Green Sloop
2nd place Carp -Red /Green Sloop
2nd place Patching -Red /Green Sloop
2nd place Bilge -Red /Green Sloop
2nd place Guns -Red /Green Sloop

3rd place Sails - Plain sloop
3rd place Rigs - Plain sloop
3rd place Carp - Plain sloop
3rd place Patching - Plain sloop
3rd place Bilge - Plain sloop
3rd place Guns - Plain sloop

we also have various other ships that will be won.... (list will be updated periodically.... based on donations and such that we receive)

There will also be "SECRET TRIGGER" prizes (usually ships and such)

MARK UR CALENDARS NOW .. so u dont miss out !!!

-----if you and/or your crew/flag/hearties... have anything to donate as prizes (still in need of more ships to give out for special reasons!!!)... plz contact Pegasiswolf in-game... this is really a group effort... can use all the help we can get .. ty ty :) -------

(i will EDIT and update this same thread with more info often... so feel free to bookmark this page to stay informed)
----------------------------------------
Pegasiswolf- Captain of Dream Catchers and Queen of Fleet of Dreams -Emerald

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the effort"

[Edit 5 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at Apr 21, 2013 11:12:51 AM]
[Mar 31, 2013 3:22:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
ChaozFantasy

Re: Xmas in July 2013!!! 24 hr nonstop WF pillage event -WIN PRIZES Reply to this Post

Although I haven't participated in 1 yet, sounds great!
[Mar 31, 2013 1:09:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zombiegoonz

Re: Xmas in July 2013!!! 24 hr nonstop WF pillage event -WIN PRIZES Reply to this Post

Sign me up!
Zombiegoonzz on Emerald
[Mar 31, 2013 1:28:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jeted

THIS TIME!... I SHALL BE THERE! (probably in spirit)

Sign me and Santaa up for help, already got 5 ships to donate and lots of PoE XD.
Jeted on Sage (Emerald) Ocean

Santaa on the Emerald Ocean, instigator of the 2011 and 2012 Xmas Giveaways.

------------------------------
I didn't start the Xmas in July ones, but im pretty sure Pegasiswolf dedicated them in remembrance of me
[Apr 2, 2013 1:43:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Jeted [Link]  Go to top 
Debotton

I was approached by Tinnitus the other night, and she demanded that I donate some items to this cause. I have since done that, and after reading the actual event thread, I'm even tempted to participate as a puzzler.

If I do not have to attend University during those 24 hours, I vow slave away for you for most, if not all of that time.

I also believe I should receive a trinket saying "Debotton is amazing, and everybody loves him." if I manage to stay awake for that 24 hours.

<3
Debotton
[Apr 4, 2013 12:34:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

in previous years.. we HAVE given away a special prize for the person that stays the longest (usually a ship).... and in case of more than 1 staying the entire time.. or a tie... we will do some kind of mini-contest or drawing to decide winner and still find something nice for all that stay the ENTIRE trip

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the effort"

[Apr 7, 2013 5:35:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

24-hour pillage with prizes? I'll be there and plan to break my patching incred streak of twelve hours. :)
#freeicyman #numberone3p

Empresstamar of Emerald.
Patching videos
Gorgeous avatar by Yumisa <3
[Apr 11, 2013 1:28:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

i look forward to seeing that hun... :)

(mostly cause i dont tend to see max-0 often.. so i always need great carpers lol)

dont stress too much tho... we do win most our battles... i think we have avereaged about 85% wins each year so far

[Apr 11, 2013 6:56:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Re: Xmas in July 2013!!! 24 hr nonstop WF pillage event -WIN a PARROT!! Reply to this Post

Alright, I read the previous event threads and had a question/suggestion. Would it be possible to get hourly updates on the top 3-5 puzzlers? In the case I'm not able to access my computer during all 24 hours I'd still like to check the forums on my phone to see how the event is going.

[edit 1 for spelling]
#freeicyman #numberone3p

Empresstamar of Emerald.
Patching videos
Gorgeous avatar by Yumisa <3
[Edit 1 times, last edit by EmpressTamar at Apr 11, 2013 4:06:22 PM]
[Apr 11, 2013 4:05:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jazzamazzed

Re: Xmas in July 2013!!! 24 hr nonstop WF pillage event -WIN a PARROT!! Reply to this Post

I would just like to say nothing...free bump
[Apr 11, 2013 9:08:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chylamydia

Am I the only one who's looking forward to this because I get to see Pegasiswolf wearing a Santa Hat in July?

As for the scores, I won't be too hopeful on frequent updates. Mainly because, if you think about it, on the day, there needs to be
1) Battle Navigation
2) Spot prizes "contests" - and recording of which box/prize went to whom
3) Job button / XO duties
4) Answering questions (of which there will be tons)
5) Free clothing trading
... and I'm sure I've not even covered half of what actually is done :P

Yes, she will have help, but she will be the only one recording / tallying the scores officially. BUT if Pegasiswolf can do that.... just shows you how AMAZING she is.

(P/s peggy, there seems to be a whole shedload of sandies being sold by various ppl on the emerald bazaar forum, should i buy some for you as a tribute? <33333)
Tinnitus on Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Chylamydia at Apr 12, 2013 12:58:57 AM]
[Apr 12, 2013 12:56:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CrimsonRayne

Seeing as this is an oceanwide event, do you think there would be a problem of it filling up so some people would be excluded? That would really suck if the ship filled to capacity and there were still people wanting to participate.

Just sayin'...
SILVERBLOOD on Emerald Ocean
[Apr 16, 2013 2:33:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    templeofodin@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Seeing as this is an oceanwide event, do you think there would be a problem of it filling up so some people would be excluded? That would really suck if the ship filled to capacity and there were still people wanting to participate.

Just sayin'...

As with previous years, this hasn't been a big problem. For example, last year was a WB (30 ppl), and Peggy saw over 300+ different faces, if I am not mistaken. This year is a WF (75 ppl), so I do not see it as a problem. People are able to leave the ship whenever they want, and then other people can just hop on.
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Apr 16, 2013 3:22:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Am I the only one who's looking forward to this because I get to see Pegasiswolf wearing a Santa Hat in July?

There is a rumor that this year... Peg is gonna grow a FULL santa beard for the event... that should be a sight to see also :)

[Apr 20, 2013 12:33:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

As for the scores, I won't be too hopeful on frequent updates. Mainly because, if you think about it, on the day, there needs to be
1) Battle Navigation
2) Spot prizes "contests" - and recording of which box/prize went to whom
3) Job button / XO duties
4) Answering questions (of which there will be tons)
5) Free clothing trading
... and I'm sure I've not even covered half of what actually is done :P

Yes, she will have help, but she will be the only one recording / tallying the scores officially. BUT if Pegasiswolf can do that.... just shows you how AMAZING she is.

(P/s peggy, there seems to be a whole shedload of sandies being sold by various ppl on the emerald bazaar forum, should i buy some for you as a tribute? <33333)

SANDIES? *perk...

Yeah.. i am INCREDIBLY BUSY the ENTIRE time...

re: #2... there will be a present given out every 10 minutes or so... so that leaves barely enough time to do the contest/ask the question.. AND then announce a winner.. AND then ask the winner to pick a present (winners get to pick their own wrapped present... so its FAIR and everyone has the same chance for the best wrapped presents)... AND then i have to FIND the present on the ship... AND enter arrange furniture screen.. AND pick it up... AND then find the winner.. AND do the TRADE.... AND then go to my present list.. and make a note of which pirate won which prize.... before its time for the NEXT contest...

(this is the MOST time consuming part.... i wish there was a way to have a helper do the present finding/trading... but that would require someone to stay the ENTIRE 24hrs.. and would require me putting ALL presents into their booty so they can place them on the ship.. because only the person that placed it can pick it up... MAYBE i can play with the idea of having an FO onboard part of the time to pickup/return the chosen present to me... so i can do the trade.. may save a bit of work for me... hmm... YOU are an FO right tinni?)

I have a wonderful helper FREESTRIPEYS that handles #5... or i would never be able to offer those.... yayyyy Slee

but yeah.... I do like to do alot of the bnaving myself..... altho we always have guest bnavers to help...

you forgot that there are also.. swordfights and rumbles... and quickie restocks that require my undivided attention as well

Remember.. we will have to do a short pause at each LP.. so that i can make a tally of the scores.... (sorry for the delay this causes.. but it takes a few moments for me to note the names and scores of anyone that LP that scored an incred or exc.... the first few will be the longest.. as i will have to manually type in everyones name... but it will go quicker as we go... since i only have to type the name the FIRST time they score... after that.. i just find the name and add the points...)

and YES tinni... I am always swamped with TONS of questions along the way... good thing i talk alot lol

SO... im sorry to say... I will NOT be doing the math as we go.... I will tally all the total scores at the END... so... sorry.. no updates (not even hints as to who is in the lead) as the event is in progress... everyone will have to wait til the end to see the TOP WINNERS..... (plus... its fun to be surprised)

as in previous years.. I will be posting here a list of the winners.. and major prizes.... after the event is over and all the details are sorted

(note: it usually takes me a couple days and lots of log checking .. before i have a COMPLETE SUMMARY how many battles/wins/how much booty/kb/etc click here for 2012 summary)

---wow--- did i mention--- i talk ALOT---lol

[Apr 20, 2013 1:12:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Just sayin'...

as twittly noted.. there is ALOT of turnover.. most ppl can only stay for short periods... (hopefully they win some presents during their stay).. and many come for awhile.. go nap.. then come back...

there were many times we were full in the previous years.. which is why i am taking the RISK of using a WF this time.....

I just HOPE.. that enough ppl come and participate at various times.. so that there is never a time that we are actually SHORT-HANDED.... because it will be NONSTOP no matter what....

so... tell all ur friends... lets make sure we have enough ppl onboard at all times to win the BIG BOOTY and keep the ship in good repair!!!

[Apr 20, 2013 1:16:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

REMINDER:

we are still accepting donations of any nice items.. still need more ships.. pets... LE items... basically anything that you think would make a pirate smile when they unwrap it :)

also.. if you have any type of UNIQUE gift to offer as a prize (rikko has offered to personally DRAW a portrait for a lucky pirate girl and Rampage has offered to make 1 lucky winner a personalized Avatar... also have gift certificates for shopping sprees at local shoppes (10k worth of clothing off tailor rack... etc).. We have a pirate that has donated a trinket promising to chart a FLEET of ships for a lucky winner..... also have some trinkets that say "you have won a full outfit from ----" if u have something you would like to offer via a gift certificate aka trinket... just let me know....

(also still in need of poe/dubs for wrapping and painting costs)

just contact Pegasiswolf in-game

(note: if anyone ELSE asks you to give them donations for the event... its probably a scam... and the items may not reach me... I have asked everyone to spread the word.. an ask around.. but to have ppl contact ME to donate items.. to avoid any problems)

and thanks to everyone that has been contributing.. this really is a group effort :)

[May 6, 2013 12:16:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

We have a pirate that has donated a trinket promising to chart a FLEET of ships for a lucky winner.....

I guess I could do that...and anyone who knows what it means to chart a fleet of ships knows how epic of a prize that is!!! Also I wouldn't mind throwing in charting vouchers for 10 at a time if you wanted to have a bigger number of prizes to hand out.

G

Edit-I also have x2 Guilded End Table (new) and x1 Wall Torch (new) from a box if those seem like decent enough things to gift.
Gneiss on all Oceans, Huntard

Aug 12, 2011

Av by Diagram
[Edit 2 times, last edit by MSpartans at May 6, 2013 9:38:52 AM]
[May 6, 2013 9:23:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Gneiss-

If you would like to make up some trinkets that say something along the lines of "Trade this trinket to Gneiss... to receive charting of up to 10 ships to anywhere on the ocean" (or however u want the prize to read)

catch me in-game with the trinkets and the other prizes u mentioned. and i will get them all wrapped up and put on the shippy :)

ty ty hun.. ur a sweetie

[May 6, 2013 12:39:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Chylamydia

Re: charting

Yes charting services are useful, but im not too sure how many pirates will need a "fleet" charted. Was thinking something like "will rechart a route until you have it memmed (or acquire you the said chart)" being more useful,... Let the person decide, obviously, but just my 2 cents.
Tinnitus on Emerald
[May 6, 2013 4:31:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

I was thinking with THIS type of prize.. perhaps i would ask a question SPECIFICALLY to win the charting service.. that way those with no need for it.. can either not try.. or they could win it and sell it to someone that really could use it...

i agree that a variety of charting options would be a good idea... (perhaps something as simple as.. 'my unlimited charting services for 1 hour')... if they dont have a fleet .. they could use it to mem a certain area... or however they need u ... all within the same hour....

just an idea...

also - if we have some incredible bnavers or incredible gunners... (or crafters).... we could have a trinket offering YOUR talents for 1 hour...

trinkets are a wonderful way to offer up your services... just write em up ppl and trade them to me unwrapped in the game... and ill figure out if i will wrap the prize.. or do a special question for it..

fun ideas... keep em coming....

[May 6, 2013 6:30:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Miley1

Im excited for this! I can't wait to see this magnificent "Candycane" outfits :D! Christmas in July. Another excuse for me to get presents :3
Haleybailey
Emerald Ocean
Royal Family of Wales
Giamia says, "whats the cheapest familiar besides a rat"
Royal Family of Wales !
[May 19, 2013 5:40:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

candycane outfits are fun... basically its just a set of red stripeys.. but fun when everyone is dressed up and xmasy :)

[May 21, 2013 12:25:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Queenbeez

Sign me up!
Queenbeez

Captain of Queen's Realm
Monarch of The Swarm

~ Avatar by Frayscarlet ~
[Jun 5, 2013 11:20:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

no need to actually sign up.. just hop on!!!!!... we will be out for 24hrs nonstop... join for as little or as long as u like

if u want to try to stay the entire time.... show up at 930am... will be begin loading 30 minutes prior

[Jun 6, 2013 1:00:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
b0nde00

Brilliant! Well done for setting something like this for the nth(?) time.. Not been around real often but this is always fun. Been on the first one, the WB thingy. I'll be sure to hop in here. This always re-live the glory in big ship pillages.
Deadcode - Emerald

Eating ears since 1969
[Jun 7, 2013 1:59:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

if anyone is wondering what is still needed.. here are a few items we could really use:

STOCK (rum and lg cbs) at Descartes, Ventress, and Hubbles eye (trying to be sure to have stock ships along the way to avoid restocking issues)

PAINT (red/green/maroon) at Admiral (to paint some prize ships)

WRAPPED BADGES (labor/parlor/bravery) these were popular things to find in the presents last year.. so would love to add some more

VARIOUS OTHER LARGE PRIZES (anything that you think ppl would be excited to win)

POE/DUBS to help with wrapping costs

if u are planning on trying to stay from start to finish and have a chance at winning Prize Elf... let me know and i will make sure to add u to a list to manually job at the start (tho we will be on the notice board starting at 9:30 am on the 5th)

also... if you are a great bnaver and would like to take a turn at guest-bnaving a couple battles... let me know... and i will make a note of it .. thanks :)

[Jun 15, 2013 10:43:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
D_james

Hey Peg, I sent youi a PM with a small list of stuff I can give you if you want to use it, gimme a yell at PP plz

Djames
[Jun 17, 2013 3:25:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Hey Peg, I sent youi a PM with a small list of stuff I can give you if you want to use it, gimme a yell at PP plz

Djames

thanks dj hun....

i will try to catch you in-game... will wrap up a few of the items you mentioned.. and the others.. we can use as "stocking stuffers" (little unwrapped items given out along the way just cause i feel like it)

[Jun 17, 2013 7:13:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Akshajjain

Peggie ill come:) and most probably will stay for 24 hrs :)
Enjoyed it very much last time !!!
akshaj on emerald
officer of Dream Catchers.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Akshajjain at Jun 23, 2013 6:47:45 AM]
[Jun 23, 2013 6:43:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 47   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates