• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5500 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Booful

[missing] Gaea and Poseidon - land and sea Reply to this Post

Ok so i just copied the info i needed for the proposal from here

My idea was based on the fact that the last two ocean masters to award their prizes for the dolls galore event was gaea and poseidon...conveniently land and sea ^_^ So i figured they MUST;ve been kidnapped...or eaten..or...who knows? so this event is to discover what happened to them!!! Why have no one seen them>??? and its up to the arrtists to discover this by 3D diorama.
Will work on event art in the mean time.

Pirate name: Pixelpixie on cerulean
Name of Event: [missing] Gaea and Poseidon
Brief description: art event: create a 3-D diorama of where Gaea/Poseidon has gone missing too...(dungeon, captured by sea monsters...etc.)
Venue: forum for all oceans,
Particpation: 10-20 depending on the artists that are interested ^_^
Expected Start Time: 15th April 2013
Planned Duration: 4 weeks
Judging Duration: about 1-2 weeks depending the quality and amount of entries

Desired Support:
* Oceanmaster Prizes (Include a list of desired prizes, including familiars, trinkets, ship renames, or other items.)
* I have 2 dhows I would like renamed to:
1) Missing Paradise fish (grand prize for Gaea)
2) Missing Pearlfish (grand prize for Poseidon)
* I also have 2 sloops I would like renamed to:
1) Cruel Earth eater
2) Scheming Sea poacher
* Possibility of a Gaea and Poseidon Egg for winners?
(I do not have these and would like it if the winners could win these either as a part of the grand/1st prize or as those specific Om favorites)
* Oceanmasters deliver prizes on different oceans
* 4 Event only easter eggs (Seleenn's "Stained Glass" eggs)
* I will provide trinkets but will need them inscribed when prizes are delivered (or I can inscribe it and then give it to the Om delivering prizes)

Event Proposal:

Forum post:
[event art]
It has come to my attention that both Gaea and Poseidon have gone missing...if you are like me you have refreshed the Mariners Muse forums almost hourly to see whether they have responded to the Dolls galore event (http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=189681) But to no avail!!! Thus I am calling this a state of emergency!!! Both the land and sea Om's have gone missing...and as Pirates we need them both to be found!!!

It is your job to create a 3D-Diorama ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diorama ) of what happened to them and where they are.. were they kidnapped...or eaten by sea monsters...are they sitting chained in a dungeon...or...or...who knows? This event is to discover what happened to them!!! Why have no one seen them>??? Where have they gone?

NOTE: the diorama isn't just a sculpture of your chosen OM it NEEDS to be set in a theme!!!

* Rules
- Entry must include a list of materials used, at least 2 in-progress photos, and your final masterpiece Include also a picture of your finished rt with a name card that has your Name; Ocean; 2013 on it
- Original work only! Cannot replicate an existing piece of art. If you are using references from an original source, please link the image along with your in-progress photos.
- Maximum image size is 600 x 600 pixels, saved in either .png or .jpeg format (inserting image is preferred over linking the image)
- Any medium of art is acceptable (ex. Includes sculpting, forming mosaics, clay, sewing...)
- Diorama must create a "scene" not just be a sculpture of the OM (the background can be computer generated and printed/drawn/painted/smeared with dirt...but your diorama must be placed inside it)
- You can only enter ONCE for each OM (Gaea/Poseidon)
- pirate

* Sign-up Guidelines *post in entry thread relevant to each OM (Gaea/poseidon)
Category: Gaea or Poseidon
Name:
Ocean:
Short description of what is happening to the OM - where did they go missing...a brief description of your diorama
Title:
Material List :
Progress Photos: (at least 2)
Final Masterpiece: (picture no larger than 600 by 600 pixels)

* Specific Judging Guidelines
Evaluation:
- Effort 10% (How much work was involved in the making?)
- Creativity/ Originality 25% (What's special about it? What makes it different from an ordinary portrait? What special art styles/ materials were used?)
- Theme 30% (Based on how well it matches the OM and overall theme)
- Aesthetics 35% (How visually appealing is it? How well does it capture the audience's attention?)

* Prize Breakdown (including the desired prize support above) )there will be two categories of prizes, one for each Om featured: Gaea and Poseidon)
1st Place : renamed Dhow & possibly OM (Gaea/Poseidon) egg + inscribed trinket
Gaea: Missing Paradise fish
Poseidon: Missing Pearlfish
2nd Place: renamed Sloop + easter egg + inscribed trinket
Gaea: Cruel Earth eater
Poseidon: Scheming Sea poacher
3rd Place: Easter egg + inscribed trinket (one for each Gaea and Poseidon)

Expected Player Assistance: Some players have helped donate prizes already as well as given discounts for purchasing prizes already. Trying to get two more judges; however will be solo judge if I cannot get someone to help out with this.

Possible Foreseen Problems: Judging can be difficult based on the entry amount and quality. To deal with this i will have a set of "point" allocation for entries for judging to help with this

Similar Events:
1) Missing: Presumed FED: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=2489256#2489256
2) Dolls Galore:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=189681
3) Angeliras BK art event:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=184086

Other Events Run:
Cerulean:
Easter egg hunt 2012: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=181631 - had about 15 people show up and participate, and some more on the forums. Turns out the time was a low time in the game, so adjusted that for this years event...received feedback already on interest from players and some other event time suggestions
Easter egg hunt 2013: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=191175
----------------------------------------
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Booful at Apr 2, 2013 4:08:36 PM]
[Mar 29, 2013 12:07:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Re: [missing] Gaea and Poseidon - land and sea Reply to this Post

Just a quick suggestion - pick 2-d OR 3-d. It can be difficult to judge when comparing apples to oranges sometimes. It's better if they are all one type or the other imo, but it's completely up to you.

The OMs are usually very generous with ship renaming if you provide the ship. Do a little home work though and check that the name is available on the 3 English speaking oceans first, though.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Mar 29, 2013 2:32:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Thanks dex, I was thinking of having both but as separate categories with individual prizes. to make judging easier that way it may involve more pirates...also, is ships/furni/egs etc. good prizes?
[Mar 29, 2013 2:39:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Even if I'm a bit late to post here, I'd propose you go just for dioramas (3D) as there is another 2 D painting event running at the time with Bunnylaroo's Yeti Springbreak and the monthly portrait background. I am a big fan of event diversity so think, that a 3 rd 2D event would a be much, but the idea behind the event is just great!

I think you already sent an email to event support, but if not, you should do and just ask for the renames. If the OMs decline you still can bring the RMs for the rename yourself.

For the similar events, I'd rather link:
Missing, presumed fed as it is a very similar idea but with another medium.
And 1-2 drawing events that didn't specify on avatars.

Prize-question.

I personally love ships (especially fitting LE or painted) with a rename as prizes (as is probably obvious if you look at my past events ;))
As with prize help, I may have some stuff you could use, but I can't promise without looking at my booty.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Apr 2, 2013 12:34:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Thank you guys for your input ^_^ I have updated my OP with the new info and more detailed event description etc. I have also just send the email to the OM's. Just a question how did you guys judge other art events or get people to help with judging?
I need at least one other judge, but if possible would like two more...but i do not know many people who would/could do this...any advice?
[Apr 2, 2013 4:12:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

I usually don't judge events I run myself, but many others do. I just prefer it that way. The judges I asked so far have been either players I have been hearty with for some time or been artists on the forums or both. Usually I just asked them in game or via PM if they'd like to judge an XY-art-event in the week after the comp ends.

With the judging I usually set up certain categories weighted with a maximum point value depending on the event.
For example:
artistic value 10
humour: 10
personal liking 5
etc

this is just generic and depending on the event I have way more than 3 categories. Angelira made her points public, so you could check them while I prefer to keep them hidden, so the artists do something they want to do rather than trying to please the judges and I think they make nicer stuff if they don't work along the point distribution.
Perhaps someone who'd done a diorama event before could share his point distribution.

depending on when your event takes place I'd be happy to judge for you if you want to have someone on your jury whose artistic skills are not existing.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Apr 3, 2013 1:44:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates