• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 36
Posts: 36   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2887 times and has 35 replies Next Thread
icelord161

Universe A Presents - Touch My Junk 2 (Island Give-away) Reply to this Post

*Amazing artwork by the lovely Cattrin.

Based on the great turnout this event had last time, we are going to run it again, but up prizes, and alter a few minor things, to hopefully increase the fun, and the turnout! We're hosting this event as a thank you to all of our jobbers, and to give non-island holding flags a chance to win Papaya Island!

This event will be taking place, 10:00am (PT) on Sunday, April 14th, 2013. It will be an event blockade, on Papaya Island.

How-to Play:
Each team will enter the board, ocean-side, on a sloop. The junk will enter island-side. To win, you must score the most points, points are scored for every bump on the junk. Sloops will chase and attempt to bump the junk, every bump you get, will be a point to your team. If the junk sinks on your bump, you score 6 points. If the junk is sank, another will be brought in momentarily.

Rules:
-Registration is required in this thread, but can be done at any time, including after the start of the event. Just put yer driver's and flag's name.
-Only non-island holding flags, Element's of Fear, Super Awesomeness, and Rogue's Riding, may participate in this event. (The 3 flags that currently hold islands but may participate, are welcomed to participate because of their recent interest in the island, this does not mean they will show up, but are welcomed to.)
-The event begins at the start of Rd1, and ends on the turn that the round ends, not in between rounds.
-Each team can have 1-7 people, but they must use a sloop.
-Maximum of 1 sloop on the board at a time, per flag.
-Cannons will be ineffective, so no need to bring cannon balls.
-If you sink, you may bring in additional sloops, please send a /tell to Zarchi, so I know that this new boat is you.
-Participants must enter ocean-side.
-If there are ties for any of the top 3 spots, a sudden death round will happen in Rd2 of the blockade, first person to get 3 bumps on the junk wins. Because our governor forgot to make it 2rounds, we're going to turn this into a PVP, first person to land 3 shots on the other wins.

Scoring:
-Bump on the Junk = 1pt.
-Double ram on the Junk an adjacent tile= 2pts.
-Double ram on the Junk from 2 spaces away = 3pts.*
-Sinking bump on the Junk = 6pts. (If two or more boats bump it at the same time, they will be awarded 6pts each.)
-Sinking bump on another sloop = 3pts.*
-If your sloop sinks = -2pts.*
*New or adjusted ways to score points from the previous event.

-Last time we ran the event, people constantly were asking for scoring updates, because it is very hard to count all the bumps, and keep typing who scored what, we will be announcing the score during breaks, and that is it, unless we have a moment to type it and announce it. Please refrain from asking what the score is, as it just makes it harder to keep up with what's going on.

Prizes:
In order of placing, the top 3 will choose their prizes.

-Papaya Island (Or 100k PoE if you do not want the island transferred to you.)
-The junk used in the event, with stock of 100rum, and 250lrg shot.
-75k PoE.
(In addition, all three of the teams captains, will receive trinkets commemorating their efforts.)

*We also will be looking for a few volunteers to help puzzle on the junk, we'll be paying 500/segment for those people.
*We ask that any blockades planned for that Sunday are dropped earlier in the day, or done on Saturday, it would be very appreciated.
*This event is open to all non-island holding flags at the time of this initial post, if a flag enters and then wins another island, they may still participate if they desire.

If no one chooses to take Papaya Island, we will scuttle the island to Barnabas the Pale the following week.
----------------------------------------
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Edit 8 times, last edit by icelord161 at Apr 14, 2013 8:06:06 AM]
[Mar 27, 2013 1:32:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

Re: Universe A Presents - Touch My Junk 2 (Island Give-away) Reply to this Post

Questions/Answers
Questions in quotes, answers below.

Touchmyjunkenthusiast wrote: 
Is this event sinking, or non-sinking?

-The event will be a non-sinking, with removal.

Oohthatfeelsgood wrote: 
If ye sink once, and want to re-enter, do ye have to enter oceanside again?

-No, you just have to at the start, so all contestants get a fair start.
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Mar 27, 2013 1:35:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inquisition

Will you offer protection against culliflower?
Armegin

Dexla's artwork.
[Mar 27, 2013 2:31:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

Inquisition wrote: 
Will you offer protection against culliflower?

I'm afraid not, that stuff is nasty, leading medical staff simply can not contain it.
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Edit 1 times, last edit by icelord161 at Mar 27, 2013 3:27:32 PM]
[Mar 27, 2013 3:26:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

I always wonder why all those events are only open to flags that don't own an island. I for once can't tell my flag: Hey, fun event, let's participate, but even if we win, we get nothing.
On the other hand everyone is allowed to pay 9999 per segment.
All you island give away flags should wonder if you don't want rather to make a pay cap so the flags actually win themselves, not with paid jobbers!
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Mar 28, 2013 1:02:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inquisition

I always wonder why all those events are only open to flags that don't own an island. I for once can't tell my flag: Hey, fun event, let's participate, but even if we win, we get nothing.
All you island give away flags should wonder if you don't want rather to make a pay cap so the flags actually win themselves, not with paid jobbers!

Make alt flag and transfer? Also my flag's event had no restrictions to island owning flags. =p
Armegin

Dexla's artwork.
[Mar 28, 2013 1:52:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Making an alt flag and transfer is not something I consider.

[Mar 28, 2013 3:31:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

Riding High will enter, driver will be Alsace or Ocastra, depending on which of those 2 west coasters can get out of bed in time
Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Halfbrain5 at Apr 10, 2013 6:15:39 PM]
[Mar 28, 2013 9:49:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

Aeternis wrote: 

-When we have away Orca, which yer flag won, it was open to all flags. When we gave away Olive, it was open to all flags. This is our first event for non-island holding flags that we have run. We will also be giving away Beta down the line, which will be open to all flags, so stay tuned for that!

Aeternis wrote: 

-I assume most flags can load a sloop of 1-7 people without jobbing anybody out of flag, or if they do, with few jobbers, as there is only one sloop allowed on the board at a time per flag, (unlike last time this event was run, where we allowed 2) I don't see this being a big enough issue to make a rule about it. I feel anybody who wanted to load a sloop could get enough hearties if not flaggies, without having to post a job offer of 9k/seg.
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Edit 2 times, last edit by icelord161 at Mar 28, 2013 8:20:57 PM]
[Mar 28, 2013 1:41:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raymondbaker

Thank Ye for the offer but Super Awesomeness will not be entering this event, the only reason we attacked in the first place was so that the island was in the hands of an active flag and although we were not successful in our attack our goal was still achieved by Elements of Fear, Riding High and yourselves (Universe A) owning the island and therefore we have no further interests in owning the island. But good luck to all entrants, should be fun, if I'm around I may watch from the sidelines
Steveb Drunken Captain of the crew Boochin' Drunks
King/Monarch of the flag Super Awesomeness

Steveb on every English ocean (Cerulean, Emerald, Ice, Meridian)
[Mar 28, 2013 5:59:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

Zarchi how did u manage to do both aloud and allowed?
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Mar 28, 2013 8:05:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

The event's time has been changed from 12pm PT, to 10am PT. Ransackery sucks at dropping events in the proper time zone. The event will be at 10am PT, on April 14th, 2013.

Edit1: To make the sarcasm obvious. (Cobaltians will get it! :D)
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Edit 1 times, last edit by icelord161 at Mar 29, 2013 9:30:06 PM]
[Mar 29, 2013 8:58:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anakin161

blame everything on anyone but you. very mature, the teenager is coming out. maybe it will expose tthe joke of a flag you have created
Skywalke- Cerulean
[Mar 29, 2013 9:00:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inquisition

blame everything on anyone but you. very mature, the teenager is coming out. maybe it will expose tthe joke of a flag you have created

Agitated sister?
Armegin

Dexla's artwork.
[Mar 29, 2013 9:09:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

He is joking because they are friends you idiot.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Mar 30, 2013 1:42:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

Don't forget to post your intent to join in this thread before the event begins, we'd really like to see some non-island holding flags get a chance at a new island!

*If we get less than 3 flags signed up by this Thursday, April 11cth, it will be open to all flags.
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Edit 1 times, last edit by icelord161 at Apr 7, 2013 8:44:02 PM]
[Apr 7, 2013 8:43:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gangstergibb

I will be entering, under the flag, The Plastics. Good luck to everyone else entering!
Gibbo

Baby, i'm hot just like an oven, i need some lovin. And baby, i can't hold it much longer, it's getting stronger and stronger ;)

The Atlantis tart!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by gangstergibb at Apr 10, 2013 2:59:11 AM]
[Apr 8, 2013 10:58:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

As previously posted, this event has not received enough entrants to continue, therefore, this event is open to all flags interested. If we still receive no more entrants, then the event will be cancelled :(. Come sign up, everyone is welcome!
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Apr 11, 2013 7:35:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gangstergibb

I will be entering, under the flag, The Plastics. Good luck to everyone else entering!

Sorry will not be entering due to the double drop we're doing, don't want to take the chance of getting an island away from others seeming as we may gain 2
Gibbo

Baby, i'm hot just like an oven, i need some lovin. And baby, i can't hold it much longer, it's getting stronger and stronger ;)

The Atlantis tart!
[Apr 11, 2013 8:47:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

We will give it a shot...though we need to work on flag fame first...which is going slow since its me and only two other crew members but why not! We''l try at least for the fun of it :D
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Apr 11, 2013 8:59:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inquisition

I'll sign up and then won't show up.

<3
Armegin

Dexla's artwork.
[Apr 11, 2013 9:29:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
upgrade431

I'll have the check with my flag when I get online, but there is a chance we'll participate. Will edit this post when I get an answer

EDIT: For Glory or Honour WILL be participating in this event.
-Upgradde on Cerulean and Emerald Ocean

-My words are my own, and are not a representation of others.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by upgrade431 at Apr 11, 2013 2:48:52 PM]
[Apr 11, 2013 10:21:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Izanagi0

I'll sign up and then won't show up.

<3

Yeah well you're used to not showing up, you can't stick to your word because you're ignorant.
#OperationDon'tGiveASingleScupper.

We are Anonymous.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.

#OperationDon'tGiveASingleScupper.
[Apr 11, 2013 1:44:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flybychicy

Ok Easy Livin will enter with Mzbhavn driving or my crew my have a fit.

Mz
Mzbhavn
Captain of Play Hard
Queen of Raising Hull

aka Ryahawk of Restless Knights
[Apr 11, 2013 3:14:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thegreyman

Dragon's Quest will come out and play
Jthebear, SO of Imperial Golden Dragons
Prince of Dragon's Quest
Sloop Accumulator
Coffeetar by Phaerie, doesn't it make you want to hunt up some scones?
[Apr 11, 2013 5:41:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mokihana07

If we can get our act together on time, Atsumari Bouekifu will be participating. We don't really have any interest in the isle, just like the idea of bumper boats blockade :)

Bnavvers will be a mixture of Tinkrrbelle, Phaytesend, probably Lestatia and myself. We like to take turns!
Shannons
Senior Officer and Mascot of Soyokaze
Queen of Sazanami
Cerulean Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mokihana07 at Apr 13, 2013 9:02:13 AM]
[Apr 13, 2013 9:01:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Booching Blaggards will participate.

[Apr 14, 2013 12:07:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blackishroze

Dragon's Quest will come out and play

Lilmissemo will be navving/ leading (whatever you want to call it)
Lilmissemo of Cerulean
Twicetwisted on Emerald

"Is THAT a sword?!?"
"Why yes, yes it is."
P.S. I collect Barbels!
[Apr 14, 2013 4:57:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sameya

midnight magic will take part good luck everyone :)
[Apr 14, 2013 9:12:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

Less than 30 minutes until we start, remember to send me a /tell so I can get ye jobbed in the crew and learn your boat name, so I can tell everyone the scores! (Just captains)
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Apr 14, 2013 9:32:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 36   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates