• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 34
Posts: 34   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5753 times and has 33 replies Next Thread
Conflictted

Honey Badgers Cleo giveaway Reply to this Post

I have been thinking for weeks what I can do for an event to give away this island to a flag that would like some island owning experiance. After talking with friends, flag mates, and crew mates, I have come up with an event that I believe will be beneficial for the ocean. The event will be reguler blockade style, the flag with the most points, will win the island, but there are a few perks to it. Everytime you sink another flag, 25points is added to your score, and 25 points is subtracted from their score. Every time you take a flaming poop on another ship, its minus 25 points from their score. Sloops only are aloud in this event, but you can have as many ships in as you wish. Condition number 2: ONly flags with either no island, or an island that is an outpost or MEDIUM island ONLY can participate in this event.Now here is the big kicker, im a pirate that pretty much trusts anyone, and I would like to extend that trust to the ocean. This final condition is one that I of course can not monitor, its more based on your integrity as a person. You must have at least 2 players on your ship that do not play Puzzle Pirates currently. (This is defined as maybe a real life friend who has never played the game before, someone that has not logged on in a while, or has "retired" does NOT count as one of these players) again, this is completely a integrity thing, there is no way I know if you are telling the truth, so please do your best to be honest mates. The winner of the 1 round event blockade will be the new owner of Cleo. You must have established fame. Must be 2 new players PER SLOOP. or if you bring in 3 sloops I will lower to 1 Greenie PER sloop (Greenie of course being a NEW player)

I am setting this event to begin, April 7th, 2013. at noon Pirate time. If you have any questions, shoot myself a PM or contact me on game. Sign ups can be posted here, PM, or to myself on the ocean.
----------------------------------------
~Crowned of the Cerulean Ocean
~Captain of Bibo Ergo Sum ( I drink therefore i am)

Herowena says, "Are we thralling?"
Crowned says, "does a bear barnacle in the woods?"
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Conflictted at Mar 22, 2013 11:24:40 PM]
[Mar 20, 2013 1:02:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Re: Honey Badgers Cleo giveaway Reply to this Post

Every time you take a flaming poop on another ship, its minus 25 points from their score.

What does that mean? Every time we shoot them?
Tinycat on Cerulean
Disclaimer: I purposely bring drama into peaceful conversations.
[Mar 21, 2013 6:45:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
upgrade431

I think he's referring to the cannon special move
-Upgradde on Cerulean and Emerald Ocean

-My words are my own, and are not a representation of others.
[Mar 21, 2013 6:51:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Burning flotsam - You know when you see a pile of wood/debris behind a ship in blockades/flotillas? ...
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Mar 21, 2013 7:00:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

I think he's referring to the cannon special move

Burning flotsam - You know when you see a pile of wood/debris behind a ship in blockades/flotillas? ...

Aye, thank ye both.
Tinycat on Cerulean
Disclaimer: I purposely bring drama into peaceful conversations.
[Mar 21, 2013 7:04:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Are we allowed to ask other flag members to help us aside from the two greenies? And is there a requirement on how old the flag is or what rating?
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Mar 21, 2013 8:20:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

Booful wrote: 
Are we allowed to ask other flag members to help us aside from the two greenies? And is there a requirement on how old the flag is or what rating?

Yer flag must have Established fame to have a Medium Island transferred to ye.
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Edit 1 times, last edit by icelord161 at Mar 21, 2013 11:11:51 PM]
[Mar 21, 2013 11:11:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guachee

how are the new players monitored? i imagine some may create a new pirate and simply just use it for the blockade and then never log on again? to me this seems like a huge gap in the rules? also, does there have to be two greenies on every sloop that is entered or just two per flag?
Liina
Midnight Ocean
Cerulean Ocean
[Mar 21, 2013 11:18:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fernet9

This final condition is one that I of course can not monitor, its more based on your integrity as a person. You must have at least 2 players on your ship that do not play Puzzle Pirates currently. (This is defined as maybe a real life friend who has never played the game before, someone that has not logged on in a while, or has "retired" does NOT count as one of these players) again, this is completely a integrity thing, there is no way I know if you are telling the truth, so please do your best to be honest mates.

What a great way of taking a proactive approach to adding players to the ocean or reinvigorating old ones. I have NO idea if it will work, no idea how you will monitor it, no idea if people will be trusted (I REALLY hope they do as you ask) - but kudos to you for doing something!!!
[Mar 22, 2013 4:12:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Conflictted

how are the new players monitored? i imagine some may create a new pirate and simply just use it for the blockade and then never log on again? to me this seems like a huge gap in the rules? also, does there have to be two greenies on every sloop that is entered or just two per flag?

As I said in the original post, that i can not monitor this... This is integrity, if you feel the need to cheat that is on your conscience.

You must have established fame. Must be 2 new players PER SLOOP. or if you bring in 3 sloops I will lower to 1 Greenie PER sloop (Greenie of course being a NEW player)

[Mar 22, 2013 3:35:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
v76odessa

You guys know that condition is BS right?

I understand what your trying to do..... But Bullcannon.

I just wanna get this straight, you took Cleos off a small flag that never had another island just to give it away to a flag that does not have a island? Did I get this right?
Vova

Home at Dies Irae.

Harrjm tells you " I always wished I could grow up to be you"
[Mar 22, 2013 5:47:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Conflictted

You guys know that condition is BS right?

I understand what your trying to do..... But Bullcannon.

I just wanna get this straight, you took Cleos off a small flag that never had another island just to give it away to a flag that does not have a island? Did I get this right?

I have held it for 2 months now, I built a Gov building on it, and have taken great care of the island. I do not see why giving away an island in a event is such an issue? I understand where you are coming from about me obtaining it from a small flag, but when I originally took the island, giving it away was not on my mind. Just recently I have decided to do an island giveaway, and out of my 3 islands that is the one most expendable.

Also when I took Cleo, I was a small flag, I had 1 crew (that was mine) with 25 people in it, mostly alts. Their flag had 42members, (from what i understand mostly alts as well) It is not my fault they did not defend, I can do whatever I see fit with the island, now that ive grown a little larger and have more commodities i am moving on to bigger targets, giving other people a chance to have a island of their own who necessarily cannot just go out and blockade people is something I do not see a problem with.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Conflictted at Mar 22, 2013 6:31:24 PM]
[Mar 22, 2013 6:27:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

You are a flag of 43 yet you talk about an island like its your own personal property. Islands don't belong to people, so I am assuming its your flags idea to give Cleo away, right?
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Mar 24, 2013 1:44:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
upgrade431

Don't hate on the guy just because he's giving away an island. You also have given an island away after taking it. If he want to give it away, why not?

[Mar 24, 2013 5:11:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

I'm not hating on him, I like the fact flags give away islands. I just don't like the whole "my island" as if they are personal property, when they do indeed belong to a whole flag - not one person.

I think you need to direct your dislike more at the posters who are calling BS on the event because of the rules Crowned has put in place, rather than a single comment I made.
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Mar 24, 2013 5:23:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
upgrade431

The post wasn't directly towards you, or I would have mentioned your name. You're not te only ones who've given an island away. It was mainly toward those who calledBSon the rules and event.

Don't have for spelling. My iPhone is too smart for its own good

[Mar 24, 2013 5:37:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inquisition

The post wasn't directly towards you, or I would have mentioned your name. You're not te only ones who've given an island away. It was mainly toward those who calledBSon the rules and event.

These scuppering kids.

Edit: if it's filtered in game, please filter in the forums.
Armegin

Dexla's artwork.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clotho at Mar 24, 2013 7:40:28 PM]
[Mar 24, 2013 8:58:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Conflictted

You are a flag of 43 yet you talk about an island like its your own personal property. Islands don't belong to people, so I am assuming its your flags idea to give Cleo away, right?

Here is my original post boss lady. I have been thinking for weeks what I can do for an event to give away this island to a flag that would like some island owning experiance. After talking with friends, flag mat es, and crew mates, I have come up with an event that I believe will be beneficial for the ocean.

I talked with my flag mates about it, I refer to it as mine in some posts because I govern it, Markly just wanted to see what the buttons look like.

[Mar 24, 2013 9:48:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

upgradde431 wrote: 

Please, inform us who else has given away an island in the past other than Calamarie & Tyranny in this thread? Prior to your posting.
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Mar 24, 2013 9:59:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
upgrade431

upgradde431 wrote: 

Please, inform us who else has given away an island in the past other than Calamarie & Tyranny in this thread? Prior to your posting.

DI transfer Turtle to MM 2012 October? November?
UA transfer Olive to Kittens December 2012

[Mar 24, 2013 10:22:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

upgrade431 wrote: 

upgradde431 wrote: 

DI transfer Turtle to MM 2012 October? November?
UA transfer Olive to Kittens December 2012

icelord161 wrote: 
Prior to your posting.

= UA doesn't count.
DI to MM was not a giveaway, it was a transfer from flag to flag, as part of a merger, and it was done in blockade-form, not even transferring.

Try again.
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Mar 24, 2013 10:28:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inquisition

Gotta love those people that believe everything to wiki says is truth.
Armegin

Dexla's artwork.
[Mar 24, 2013 10:42:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
upgrade431

#sorry #notsorry

[Mar 24, 2013 10:56:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MorganaP

What, but everything that is on the internet is true. I know this is fact, because wiki told me it was so.

Morgs
[Mar 24, 2013 5:49:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhoenyxStar

Did they change things to allow greenies to generate influence? Because if you're supposed to get points and they don't generate influence... then you're going to need other people on the ship in order to get points.
~ Phoenix or Danae

Depends on the colour of your ocean really.
[Mar 25, 2013 9:35:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

You still need 3 subbed people aboard a sloop to generate influence.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Mar 25, 2013 1:28:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Conflictted

you do have to have 3. But last time I checked a sloop can hold 7... 7 -3(greenies) -(the 1 subbed bnaver) = 3 spots left for that bnaver to job up to 3 more pirates (only needing 2 more subbed players)

[Mar 25, 2013 8:40:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Last I checked, greenies who are subbed contribute to influence.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[Mar 26, 2013 2:06:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
Conflictted

Im having to call the event off for now. I did not know I had to schedule the event 14 days in advance. Our flag will redo the event when it sets up to our schedule. Sorry for any inconvenience

[Mar 31, 2013 1:58:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Icedsony

We all learn something every day with YPP. At least I know I do and I appreciate those who understand that and nicely explain to me.
[Mar 31, 2013 5:50:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 34   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates