• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 50
Posts: 50   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5007 times and has 49 replies Next Thread
BehindCurtai

Re: Write an ocean master commentary thread. Reply to this Post

Lol.

Xephie, that was soo HHGTTG-ish. Love it.
----------------------------------------
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Jun 11, 2005 8:06:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Perstephanie

Never mind.

Oh bother.
Ahoy there!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Perstephanie at Oct 18, 2005 7:09:30 AM]
[Jun 13, 2005 9:51:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

BehindCurtai wrote: 
that was soo HHGTTG-ish. Love it.

/me gets out the three books he had just read before writing that...
Get a pen and paper out kiddies and head to the nearest independant book store nearest to you. Or Chapters if you have to.

Stuart McLean
-Vinyl Cafe
-Vinyl Cafe Diaries

George Carlin
-When Will Jesus Bring the Porkchops?
[Jun 13, 2005 10:24:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Feegle

xephin wrote: 
Stuart McLean
-Vinyl Cafe
-Vinyl Cafe Diaries

As a Canadian living abroad, and paying for use by bandwidth (Gack!) I don't stream Canadian media very often - but every Sunday I've got the Vinyl Cafe on for my taste of home. Goodness, but that man can write.
- Feegs

Senior Officer of the Ransack Marauders, Midnight Ocean
Disciple of Artemis
[Jun 13, 2005 10:49:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://feegle.mathninja.com    jeffmahood    FeeglePoet [Link]  Go to top 
GamerzKid

All teh entries are great, all are unique, but mine is hectic, it's 5 words under the limit and added up, it's 10 pages long on Microsoft Word XP. I had fun doing it tho.
The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.

--

Marzo of Midnight, Hunter, Sage, Viridian: Retired / Hiatus.
Buoyancy of Viridian: Active

First started playing: 2005.
[Jun 13, 2005 11:22:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Feegle wrote: 
xephin wrote: 
Stuart McLean
-Vinyl Cafe
-Vinyl Cafe Diaries

As a Canadian living abroad, and paying for use by bandwidth (Gack!) I don't stream Canadian media very often - but every Sunday I've got the Vinyl Cafe on for my taste of home. Goodness, but that man can write.

He certainly can! Everyone should be turning off their reality TV shows and sitting down with the Vinyl Cafe. I think I've fallen deeply in love with Dave... does that make me a bad person?
I found the book on a shelf while rushed on my way out for work last week. I've been hunting for works of his since then. So you've heard it from two people now... Everyone get out there! I'll meet you at the Vinyl Cafe. We'll do lunch.
[Jun 13, 2005 12:10:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Ahoy

Finally found the courage to post my entry :]

I really enjoyed working on that, and even learnt a good many things about writing. I think all together it was the most pleasurable writing experience to date for me.

Thanks to the OMs for running this event, and good luck to all the entrants!

...now I think I need a drink.

Arbedar!
[Jun 14, 2005 9:47:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

Xephin, I haven't laughed that hard in months.

Thank you, from the bottom of my mushy little heart.
Jen wrote: 
yes glor.. your boobs are vuluptously awesome.

Ye have received a trade request from Thunderbird.
Those two offers are identical, what's the point?

[Jun 14, 2005 1:50:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
DaneT

Cheers to all!!!
My entry is posted!!!
Took me all afternoon. I think I'll sleep now. Tell me what ye think of it, if you wish
ZZZzzzz....
It has been said, my friends, that I like war. My friends, I like War. No...I LOVE WAR!

Danet - An old salt of Y!PP, but not the oldest by a long shot.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheAovna

Really enjoyed your story SJC196. The way you built character so quickly is inspiring. Good luck.
[Jun 18, 2005 11:20:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gangsta1

rate my story Reply to this Post

could someone please comment on my story, it was on the third page last time i looked
[Jun 20, 2005 4:18:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
itmrfarley2u

if people could please post on my story(first on the 4th page) that would be great, as this is my first stab at creative writing that hasn't been for a grade, and didn't have as many constrictors on what I could write. I appologize in advance for the ending, I originally wrote it out by hand, and it was coming up way to long while typing it up, so I had to cut out the descriptive end fight scene so make it fit, and pretty much reworked the last few paragraphs on the spot
[Jun 20, 2005 11:47:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    itmrfarley2u    FarleyThePirate [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

No offense meant to any of the Oms re: my entry. I've been in a snarky mood lately, and this was a good way to let it out.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Jun 20, 2005 1:46:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
Seadogjoe

I was just reading through this tread when I saw what jasandrea did on the first page for that one guy, I liked how she helped and would like that for my story, do not worry about critisising it, it is my first story and I need help getting used to stuff like this. So could you, or maybe someone else, do one of those for my story? (Seadogjoe on the Viridian, not Rudy, thats my brother, mine is close to the last page)
[Jun 20, 2005 6:35:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sjc196

TheAovna wrote: 
Really enjoyed your story SJC196. The way you built character so quickly is inspiring. Good luck.

Thanks!

There are some really great entries there, I think it will be hard to choose a winner. But the main thing is that it was a lot of fun!
[Jun 20, 2005 8:03:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RaelShark

I'm interested in feedback on my story - on page 4. I'll also post some feedback when I get a chance to read through them all.

Great work everybody!
Shark
Mascot of Ransack Marauders
[Jun 20, 2005 10:50:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.ransackmarauders.com [Link]  Go to top 
Seadogjoe

I loved it RealShark, I thought the open claiming that it was a game, was a very different aproach than I would ever take, but that the OMs would most likely judge it no less qualified. Anyway, well wrote, good story, loved the may each OM had something he did for Y!PP, which I could relate to with each, like the foraging, and drinking. But two questions, Hypnos, sleep, how does sleep fit in with the game? (I would have done alchemistry if it was my idea, although that is one simple puzzle, it expands into a whole ton of things that the game uses) And the other question, are all of those things true things that Captain Cleaver said was true, like, did Lelantos think of DnD? Or was that just your adeptation to the story?
[Jun 21, 2005 12:03:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RaelShark

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, those were all just things I made up. I thought it was an interesting challenge to think of how the OM's might represent different aspects of the game. And in some cases, like Hypnos, it was a bit of a stretch. I wasn't very clear what I meant by sleep - but basically that the time comes when people need to just log off and go to bed :D

Although in retrospect, that's not necessarily an aspect of the gameplay itself, so something else might have been better. I also thought of how he might influence lazing about and dozing off... but those had mostly negative meanings. I tried to keep everything positive.
Shark
Mascot of Ransack Marauders
[Jun 21, 2005 12:19:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.ransackmarauders.com [Link]  Go to top 
Seadogjoe

Yeah, I've always seen him with a big pot, or a vile of some potion, so he reminds me of the alcemistry, which spawns out into a bunch of stuff, paint, enamel I believe, not to clear on that one, and a bunch of other things.
[Jun 21, 2005 3:04:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lysia92

Hi all just wondering if I could get any feedback from my story it would be greatly appreciated. Xephin, I LOVED your story, especially the little drawing beforehand ^_^ anyways, if anyone could just glance at my story (page 4, about 1/3ish - 1/2ish of the way down) it'd be great. Thnx all!
~*♥Lysia♥*~

Officer of Coercion on the Majestic Viridian Ocean
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 50   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates