• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 59
Posts: 59   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9699 times and has 58 replies Next Thread
Prometheus
OceanMaster

Going Green: House & Ship Decorating Contest for Real Life Prizes [Winners Announced] Reply to this Post

Yarr! Pirates have been known to go green with envy from time to time but now it's your turn to turn your surroundings green as well! Set your inner interior decorator free and turn your dreary grog-stained shambles into moss masterpieces.

Rules:

-Decorate your in-game house, yard, shoppe, stall, or ship with a nature/green theme. It is not necessary for everything to be green in colour but by the same token a Shamrock planter in an everyday scene won't suffice!

(To clarify: these need to be done in-game, no scene editor scenes!)

-Take a screenshot of your space with your pirate in it
-If you've decorated a ship, post in the "At Sea" Entry thread. (Note: No Limited Edition vessels. Please use standard class vessels as your starting point. Using a Limited Edition vessel will disqualify your entry)
-If you've decorated any other space, post in the "On Land" Entry thread .
-Post your screenshot by 11:59:59 PM (PT) Sunday March 17th in the proper Entry Thread along with: your pirate's name, your pirate's ocean, and the name of the space or ship (e.g. Prometheus's Shack on Eieio)
-One entry per category per pirate, please.

Other things you may want to know:

-More than one pirate can be in the screenshot
-You can stitch together multiple screenshots to show the complete space.
-You can edit your entry up until the deadline

To post an image:

- Save your image at the correct size as a .png image on your computer
- Upload it to a website - either your own webspace, or use one of the main free sites such as www.putfile.com, www.imageshack.com, www.photobucket.com, etc, and get the url for the image on that site.
- Ensure that your image is not in a private area that requires log-in to view. Get a mate to check they can see it with your url.
- In your entry post, enclose the url in image tags as shown here .
- PREVIEW BEFORE POSTING - if the image isn't showing on preview, check your url and tags.
- Remember to add your pirate name, ocean and location name before posting.

Prizes:

One lucky winner will receive a Puzzle Pirates tote bag!

Runners up will receive a deck of Puzzle Pirates playing cards.

Honorable mentions will receive an assortment of in-game furniture.

Any other questions? Post them here. Now hop to it!

Winners Announced!!!

Para leer este concurso en español, haz clic aquí .
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Prometheus at Apr 5, 2013 1:11:16 PM]
[Feb 18, 2013 12:14:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Re: Going Green: House & Ship Decorating Contest for Real Life Prizes Reply to this Post

For the lucky winner and runners up, is it either the puzzle pirate merch or nothing? Or can there be a in-game substitution?
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Feb 18, 2013 12:24:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Re: Going Green: House & Ship Decorating Contest for Real Life Prizes Reply to this Post

Looks like a fun contest. :)

I'll opt out of it though, I have enough memorabilia, might as well let other people have a better chance at it as well by not entering (although I doubt mine would be any good! xD).
Cattrin of Midnight Cerulean (and sometimes Viridian Meridian)
Avatar by Apollo, Wiske, Shawe, Blakbead, Daeva, Angelira and Musicologist!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Feb 18, 2013 12:41:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Will at sea scenes compete with on land scenes or are both rated seperately?
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Feb 18, 2013 12:46:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Looks like a fun contest. :)

I'll opt out of it though, I have enough memorabilia, might as well let other people have a better chance at it as well by not entering (although I doubt mine would be any good! xD).

:(
I love seeing other people's home/ship/shack designs.
At the very least, if it inspires you to decorate, do it anyway, and share pics after the deadline!
DEXLA LOUISA MIDNIGHT on Cerulean
[Feb 18, 2013 12:51:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dunsparce1

Will the merchandise be shipped to Europe/Asia/Australia in case someone wins there, or is it for US only?
Dunsparce on Emerald
Diabetus on Cerulean
Prize choice Race for Romance: bouquet of daisies
[Feb 18, 2013 1:31:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

Will at sea scenes compete with on land scenes or are both rated seperately?

There will be a winner and runners up by land and by sea - they will be judged separately.

For the lucky winner and runners up, is it either the puzzle pirate merch or nothing? Or can there be a in-game substitution?

No shirt? No shoes? No problem! ...No substitutions though.

I'll opt out of it though, I have enough memorabilia

There's no such thing as enough memorabilia!

Will the merchandise be shipped to Europe/Asia/Australia in case someone wins there, or is it for US only?

Our carrier pigeons are well trained and can handle many a long voyage. (Prizes can be shipped to our international players as well!)

- Pro
[Feb 18, 2013 2:33:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

There's no such thing as enough memorabilia!

Well, of course not! But in comparison to those pirates who have none, I have way too much. ;)

[Feb 18, 2013 2:58:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Does it matter the size of the ship?
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Feb 18, 2013 3:23:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Our carrier pigeons are well trained and can handle many a long voyage. (Prizes can be shipped to our international players as well!)

- Pro

o3o Oooo imma join :D i wanna see one of those pidgeons coming over to Argentina XD
Yumisa World Wide ;)
Your Favourite Cookie Monster <3op
Can't find me? Im on Deviant Art!
[Feb 18, 2013 4:50:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Prizes:

One lucky winner will receive a Puzzle Pirates tote bag!

Runners up will receive a deck of Puzzle Pirates playing cards.

Honorable mentions will receive an assortment of in-game furniture.

If the winner so chooses, Could they recieve a Deck of coveted playing cards instead of the tote bag? ...

Not that I have a remote chance of winning, I have just wanted a deck of playing cards, since the store first came out. Alas I missed out then, and really wish I had bought them back then.

ALSO : We only can enter a SINGLE room or can we decorate a multipule room house?
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Feb 18, 2013 7:38:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

Does it matter the size of the ship?

The size of the ship doesn't matter as long as it's not a Limited Edition ship.

If the winner so chooses, Could they recieve a Deck of coveted playing cards instead of the tote bag? ...

Whilst there are no in-game prize substitutions if you wanted to swap out the grand prize for a deck of playing cards that should be fine. I suppose if you were so inclined you could make a tote bag out of the cards if you change your mind!

ALSO : We only can enter a SINGLE room or can we decorate a multipule room house?

You may decorate multiple rooms if you want.
[Feb 19, 2013 9:41:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Prometheus wrote: 

What is the correct size? Or did I miss it :/

Also, if we've done more than one room, must we stich the scenes together into one image, or can we post an image for each room?
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[Feb 19, 2013 10:17:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xanther4

Prometheus wrote: 

Also, if we've done more than one room, must we stich the scenes together into one image, or can we post an image for each room?

I'm sure "correct size" means a to-scale image (no thumb-nails).

And you can surely post each room as a separate image.
Wipley of Emerald
Darkfaery's Avatar Goodness

Making the forums awkward and the game more stupid since 2008.

Anything
[Feb 19, 2013 11:00:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Actually most forum events I've entered have an image size limit, usually 600x600, so that's what I was asking.

And since the OP specifically uses the phrase "stitch screenshots together", implying making them into one image, I just want to make sure that posting separate images is ok.
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[Feb 19, 2013 11:06:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

By the same token- could a person opt out of a card/tote bag prize for a furniture package? or would that constitute a substition as the furniture is not a RL item.
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian
Clotho tells ye, "I love your musical art, thank you for sharing!"

Avvy by the awesome Velternal!
[Feb 19, 2013 12:36:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

And since the OP specifically uses the phrase "stitch screenshots together", implying making them into one image, I just want to make sure that posting separate images is ok.

I believe this was more centered towards the ship category. If you wanted to stitch the main deck into 1 picture.

By the same token- could a person opt out of a card/tote bag prize for a furniture package? or would that constitute a substition as the furniture is not a RL item.

I would think it wouldn't be allowed as he said no to any in-game substitutions. You never know though!
[Feb 19, 2013 1:40:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

I suppose I'll aim for an honorable mention then XD!
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian
Clotho tells ye, "I love your musical art, thank you for sharing!"

Avvy by the awesome Velternal!
[Feb 19, 2013 1:43:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

I suppose I'll aim for an honorable mention then XD!

Exactly what I was thinking!
[Feb 19, 2013 1:48:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

I suppose if you were so inclined you could make a tote bag out of the cards if you change your mind!

Must...not...impromptu-doodle...

[Feb 19, 2013 3:33:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Two questions:
Once we have the screenshot for the entry, do we need to keep the rooms/boat/shoppe in tact until judging is over?
I was planning on borrowing items from multiple homes/rooms, but the gaps that it leaves is making me twitch, and I want to put everything back in it's rightful place, right away... Ok, yes. Just a tad OCD.

Additionally, if we decorate a scene on one ocean, could we ask that prizes, if applicable, be delivered to our pirates on a different ocean?
In the past this has been allowed, but I did not want to make assumptions. It's so much easier to go shopping on a green ocean.
DEXLA LOUISA MIDNIGHT on Cerulean
[Feb 20, 2013 6:07:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

I totally feel you on the "gaps that it leaves"! lol
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Feb 20, 2013 7:53:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

I buy everything new because I feel, someone would kill me if I'd steal the furniture from the house. *ducks*
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Feb 20, 2013 9:13:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

Does the decoration have to take place on the ocean on which we want the prize?
Wayfarer of Meridian, formerly Malachite.
Wuppypuppy of Cerulean :)
I make avatars.
[Feb 20, 2013 2:17:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cedie007

is there any chance that we could see the pictures of prizes? :D i searched on yppedia and didnt found pictures XD

thx pro :)
Demorga of Sage Emerald
[Feb 22, 2013 2:45:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

[playing cards] [the art for the ringers up close] [tote bag*]

All the number cards are pretty average-looking. That's a red deck, but there are also blue ones! (the only difference being the back art of the cards is a nice navy colour instead of the burgundy you see there)

Good luck. :)

*for the record, that's my pointer finger, not my thumb. I know it looks weird.

[Edit 4 times, last edit by cattrin at Feb 22, 2013 4:42:26 AM]
[Feb 22, 2013 4:25:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

all of a sudden I like my cards way more (it's still in plastic to prevent my children from... relocating it all over the house and vents) guess in a couple years I'll get to enjoy the lovely art within! Thanks Cattrin ^_^
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Feb 22, 2013 8:47:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cedie007

[playing cards] [the art for the ringers up close] [tote bag*]

All the number cards are pretty average-looking. That's a red deck, but there are also blue ones! (the only difference being the back art of the cards is a nice navy colour instead of the burgundy you see there)

Good luck. :)

*for the record, that's my pointer finger, not my thumb. I know it looks weird.

thanks cattrin :)

hmmm base on the picture, i think the cards are better XD and i wish the top prize is a mug or something cooler XD (drinking coffee while waiting for jobbers~) XD
Demorga of Sage Emerald
[Feb 25, 2013 12:51:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

hmmm base on the picture, i think the cards are better XD and i wish the top prize is a mug or something cooler XD (drinking coffee while waiting for jobbers~) XD

Ah, but the cards are more common. ;)

[Feb 25, 2013 2:55:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Prometheus wrote: 

Dont think this has yet been answered, I assume correct size would just be the screenshot size, ie - Not shrunk or magnified?
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Mar 3, 2013 9:15:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 59   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates