• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 940 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Jeriannah

Static Before The Storm... Reply to this Post

I went to your fine island of Cochineal the other day, to try and get supplies for a trip I was planning. Imagine my utter dismay when I realized that no one was selling fine rum. No one. Not even the trading post. I figured it was a fluke, and kept checking back. Nope. Still no one selling fine rum.

What's up with that? Are you not able to find distillers in the area who can put out fine rum? I know distilling can be a tart, trust me, I get that. Even if that fails, however, there's the option of buying it elsewhere and running it in, right?

I don't want to load my vessel down with grog. It's a waste, and honestly, I think my jobbers deserve the good stuff.

Can you please get some fine rum onto your island? This is ridiculous.
----------------------------------------
Anothersneak & Sneakysalt on Cerulean
---
I collect Guppy sloops. Send me a /tell or PM.

Avatar by Tilinka - a present from Arryarrwoot! :D
[Feb 12, 2013 11:22:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Minsiem

Re: Static Before The Storm... Reply to this Post

I've been told by savvier people than myself that grog is generally more cost effective than fine rum. And at least it's not nothing? :-/
Minsiem, Like A Fox
Nimbelina, Any Minute Now

I believe in a Higher Purple!

Erfan flag officer chats, "let's cade a popular forage island"

[Feb 13, 2013 9:29:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

If you don't know how rum works, read YPPedia and use http://ouroborus.org/Y!PP/calc/

I have never been at a point where the excess weight and volume of swill/grog made a difference.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Feb 13, 2013 10:10:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jeriannah

I wouldn't have a problem with even grog, if there were more than 40 units available. But when only one place has grog, and that only at ~40 units, it's not viable, long term.
---

[Feb 13, 2013 10:13:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aligate

Stop making these petty posts. Did you even try contacting the flag first?
Aristoza
Amateur Owl
Fourteen flag royalty chats, "just tell them to suck 14s nuts"

Avatar by the lovely and talented Cattrin
[Feb 14, 2013 4:32:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

I think the other thread addresses some of the issues that this arch is having...

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=190398

Sometimes it's really hard to keep /whoing people. Bring it to the forum is not always a bad thing (Parley after all). What has come about from the link posted above is super informative and I am learning A LOT!
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Feb 14, 2013 6:13:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

Looks like we are happily purchasing plenty of fine rum @ the palace. It also looks like there are hundreds of units of usable beverage available @ our island. There is also available beverage from some of our fine merchants deliverable immediately. As the palace is not a production shop, and we like to encourage our merchants the ability to thrive we try not to interfere in their ability to make a profit. However since you are demanding "the fine stuff" I have made some available for you in the palace. Like all fine things this too comes with a price.

Cheers!

-Cybr
Cybrpyro on da Cobalt ocean...as well as the rest

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 
Cybr-dude puts the F. U. in fun!!

[Feb 14, 2013 7:04:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jeriannah

Cybr - thanks for making the fine rum available. Are there issues on your island as well, with people buying up the available stock as soon as it's ready, essentially stockpiling?

I ask because 40 units of grog (which is all I saw when I was checking availability dockside) will not go nearly far enough for an Atlantis map (which I've got a couple of, but which can't really be used because the mate who I give them to likes to load big ships and go for a couple hours), and with nothing else available when I've checked, it's been frustrating.

I'm working on getting a ship finished near there to act as my own "pantry" or supply ship, so I can buy the stock as it comes ready.

Aristoza - this is not a petty thread. A petty thread would be "Your palace colors are ugly! Wah wah wah!" This is a thread about basic ship supplies being unavailable in numbers large enough to meet the demand presented by the spawning of such a large number of charts in the area. And as I explained in the other post, no, I didn't contact the flag in game, because when I'm ingame, I'm typically puzzling, and don't have the time to try to carry on a conversation in /tells. Additionally, I don't want to /who someone every 5 minutes, and hope I catch them online, and that they'll respond to me.
---

[Feb 14, 2013 7:47:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

I think it really boils down to the fundamental point that the population is declining and when it declines, most folks tend to take and move their businesses and labor to more populated areas. While business picks up when a chart or a flotilla is discovered nearby, people in mass just don't come 'round these parts no more. Couple that with the expert labor - Fine Rum discussion from your other thread gives us where the outlying islands/archipelagos lie.

Cheers,

-Cybr
Cybrpyro on da Cobalt ocean...as well as the rest

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 
Cybr-dude puts the F. U. in fun!!

[Feb 14, 2013 8:08:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates