• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2475 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Iexbrood

IO and viking raid rewards Reply to this Post

Can I ask how people get such a high reward from small IOs and vikings?

Wiki states the highest is around 8k for IOs and 10s for the VRs.

I've run quite few small ones (all difficulties) and the highest reward was <4k.
Lowest was around a 1,400 and 600 into the hold.
----------------------------------------
iexbrood on meridian
[Jan 26, 2013 11:46:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: IO and viking raid rewards Reply to this Post

The wiki is player-maintained and it is entirely possible that these are errors that have crept in. There is absolutely no way to verify these contributions and anyone with an account can modify the numbers. As the article ages, the numbers just go up and up and up. All evidence regarding the rewards is anecdotal, and I will personally say it is better if you just consult with fellow IO/Viking navigators and establish a consensus on the range of rewards.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Jan 26, 2013 1:07:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Aye, I've always been fairly leery of the idea of listing the highest payout ever seen on the wiki. Surely the typical payout would be a much more informative figure (though a fair bit harder to calculate).
[Jan 26, 2013 2:14:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

I do a fare amount of small vikings on Emerald. They tend to payout between 6-10K (which includes the amount set aside in the hold - so a 6K with 1.5K set aside means that there is 4.5K sent to the booty chest to divide at port.)

To make it worthwhile for more than practicing gunning and working on trophies, I find it's best to tackle 'em with a crew of 4 (5 at the most).
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Avatar Thread | Finished Artsy Stuff | Sketches
[Jan 26, 2013 3:08:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com/blog    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
Togz

I run expo runs with VRs alot, and i like to use IOs to test out my new ships.

IOs are not a way to make money until you get to the larges+ or you can use a smaller ship to sink run them. Smalls are purely a fun bnav practise an like to use tjem, for like said, tresting out new ships i get, and to test out new navers. The pay outs are so tiny that you lose money even if you win.

VRs are great money grabs if you run them right. If your a good gunner and fighter i would recomend soloing them, i run them with a mate and make 30-40k from about 4-5 maps. (and thats all profit, the total payout can go up to 50-60k. Ive made 12k from a small VR with 3 other people, of course ive also made 1.2k with 7 people.

The pay can sway alot but VRs are great if you have a sloop and 10k. You can quadriple your poe in 20mins. But IOs are useless for making poe, they are fun and great if you want a hobby, but not if you need poe.

:) Togz
[Jan 28, 2013 2:04:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates