• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 23
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7526 times and has 22 replies Next Thread
AwsomeDog9

Cerulean Pirate Poker Doubles Reply to this Post

This year I will be hosting a series of poker doubles tournaments. It will be setup like this: Teams of 2 pirates each will enter the tournament. Each pirate on each team will be playing on separate tables, with 2 tables being up (This means a max of 10 teams per tournament). All of the pirates will compete in poker for 2 hours. At the end of the 1 hour, the team with the highest combined stack size will win the tournament. It is also worth noting that this will not be limited to one tournament, and there will be many throughout the year. There will be a rankings table to show how well the top teams are doing.

Here is the general structure of the tournament.

Entry Fee - 40K per team (This will all go for the prizes.)

Table Structure - 2 tables of no limit hold'em blinds 100/200

Required buyin at the table - 20,000 PoE (This is also the maximum buyin)

The tournament will run for 1 hour, and at the end, all stack sizes will be counted.

Payout - The top 3 teams of each tournament will be paid. The exact payouts will be determined by the number of teams playing.

Time Length of Tables: 1 hour (This means even if you don't come in the top 3, you don't necessarily have to lose the 20K you bought in with.)

There will be a ranking table to show how well each team is doing.
At the end of each tournament, teams will receive "points" for the place they received. The ranking table will show the teams in order of most points to least. The points won for each place are determined by number of players in the tournament. The first place team will always get 1 point for each team participating, minus 1. Each team after that will receive 1 less point than the place ahead of them. Last place will always get 0 points.

At the end of the "season", the team that is in first place on the ranking table will receive 50K and first place medals. The team in second place will receive 20K and second place medals.

There will most likely be 2 tournaments a month. The end of the season is yet to be determined, but most likely it will end in December.

To sign up your team, reply to this pot with the following information.

Team name:
Names of pirates in the team:

NOTES: (Any rule updates/changes will also be posted here.)

You are NOT expected to be at every single tournament.

Points will reset at the end of every season so there is a chance for new champions.

There is no penalty for missing a tournament.

There needs to be at least 7 participating teams for a tournament to go through.

You are entitled to get a substitute player in your team if one player cannot make it.

Players may leave teams and be replaced with someone else BEFORE the tournament, but the player who is leaving must notify me.

No rebuys.

If you have any questions, feel free to post below or to contact me in-game.

If I made a mistake in the ranking table or anything else, please let me know so I may correct it.

Current Teams/Ranking Table:
1. Genetics Pawns - 6 points
2. Buccaneers - 5 points
3. Who Needs a name when you this good!- 4 points
4. Easymoney - 3 points
4. Honey Badgers, Victorious Secret and Just Give Us The Poe - 0 points

People who have played in each team
1. Genetics Pawns - Genetics, Graypawn, Dirtybooty
2. Buccaneers - Swordspinner, Aristoza, Uc
3. Who Needs a name when you this good! - Aethera, Blackhammer, Frisko (Vova is signed on but yet to play)
4. Easymoney - Gibbo, Dirtybooty, Graypawn
5. Honey Badgers - Tgbn, Ohfroggyone, Crowned
Victorious Secret - Swagnificent, Davynie
Just Give Us The Poe - Crip, Maded

Next Tournament: To be announced.
----------------------------------------
Swordspinner of Cerulean

Captain of The Legend-West

Lord of The Art of War
[Edit 20 times, last edit by AwsomeDog9 at Feb 8, 2013 1:54:49 PM]
[Jan 23, 2013 4:19:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

Re: Cerulean Pirate Poker Doubles Reply to this Post

I like the fact it is like a WSOP event, thinking this way you should also switch some limits to like 20poe, 2k, 20k, 200k buy in and have the bigger tourneys worth more points but either way sign me up! Also I m assuming no re-buys but Maded ?'s this.

Crip & Maded

Team name: Just Give Us The Poe
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Raider81 at Jan 23, 2013 5:39:27 PM]
[Jan 23, 2013 5:29:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AwsomeDog9

I like the fact it is like a WSOP event, thinking this way you should also switch some limits to like 20poe, 2k, 20k, 200k buy in and have the bigger tourneys worth more points but either way sign me up! Also I m assuming no re-buys but Maded ?'s this.

Excellent idea. I will consider having some different level tournaments in the future assuming the first one goes as planned.

Correct, there will be no rebuys.
Swordspinner of Cerulean

Lord of The Art of War
[Jan 23, 2013 7:30:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Nice Idea, depending on the dates, I'm looking for a partner too.

And I don't think that if you do several leagues, that the 200k tables should be worth more points than the 200 tables.
I think it's meant as a tournament to proof your skill, perhaps there are people out there who don't feel comfortable at 200k tables but are better than others who feel comfortable there...
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Jan 24, 2013 8:38:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maded

And I don't think that if you do several leagues, that the 200k tables should be worth more points than the 200 tables.
I think it's meant as a tournament to proof your skill, perhaps there are people out there who don't feel comfortable at 200k tables but are better than others who feel comfortable there...

I think more skill is shown on 200k tables, on 20k tables some people do no play properly. Skill is shown making good calls that actually matter, making bluffs that matter, someone raises 8k on a bluff easy called because who cares about 8k but when you have to bluff with 80k or call 80k that is where you make good or bad choices. Not reading back whT I am saying or going further into it because im replying from my phone and it is annoying :(
[Jan 24, 2013 9:49:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

I think more skill is shown on 200k tables, on 20k tables some people do no play properly. Skill is shown making good calls that actually matter, making bluffs that matter, someone raises 8k on a bluff easy called because who cares about 8k but when you have to bluff with 80k or call 80k that is where you make good or bad choices. Not reading back whT I am saying or going further into it because im replying from my phone and it is annoying :(

When you're in a tournament it doesn't matter if you get 500 chips or 50000 chips. With no rebuy it's the same, especially as blinds scale, you just allow more people to participate.

[Jan 24, 2013 10:19:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maded

Not true, When the chips are actually your money, meaning 500 chips would cost £500 buy in and 50000 chips would cost £50000 buy in, it does matter, people play much more different when they actually have something to lose.
[Jan 24, 2013 10:26:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

That's only true as long as the 'chips value' outweighs the top prize of the tournament.

[Jan 24, 2013 10:33:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AwsomeDog9

Well, I guess I will sign myself up here.

Team Name: Buccaneers

Pirates: Swordspinner and Aristoza
Swordspinner of Cerulean

Lord of The Art of War
[Jan 24, 2013 10:35:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AwsomeDog9

I don't know if necessarily the limits will be the ones that determine more points. If we do have tournaments that award more points, most likely the entry fee and the prizes will be larger, like a special event. This is still undecided, though, I will let everyone know when we come to an event worth more points.
Swordspinner of Cerulean

Lord of The Art of War
[Jan 24, 2013 10:37:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MrsSwag

Team: Victorious Secret

Pirates: Swagnificent & Davynie

sign us up, bby! ;*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Davynie on the Cerulean Ocean~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
----------I Love Swagnificent.--------------

ANM&IRC = <3
11-29-12
[Jan 24, 2013 6:29:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AwsomeDog9

Next tournament is Friday at 5:00 PM gametime.
I will invite teams to the location.
Remember, if you can't make it, that's okay. Teams may replace members of their team with others when someone cannot make it, and you can always catch the next one.
Swordspinner of Cerulean

Lord of The Art of War
[Edit 1 times, last edit by AwsomeDog9 at Jan 26, 2013 1:15:44 PM]
[Jan 25, 2013 5:23:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AwsomeDog9

UPDATE:

The next tournament is this coming Saturday (Feb 2nd) at 1 PM in-game time.
Remember, if you cannot make the first one, still sign up and try to make a future tournament.
Swordspinner of Cerulean

Lord of The Art of War
[Jan 26, 2013 1:16:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
v76odessa

Who Needs a name when you this good! ( yep thats our name)

Vova and Frisko.
Vova

Home at Dies Irae.

Harrjm tells you " I always wished I could grow up to be you"
[Jan 29, 2013 2:43:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Haioo

Sign us up Sword...

Team Name: Honey Badgers

Tgbn & Crowned
[Jan 30, 2013 5:59:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Darealiens

Team Name: Genetics Pawns

Players: Genetics & Graypawn
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Darealiens at Feb 2, 2013 11:50:44 AM]
[Feb 2, 2013 11:49:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gangstergibb

Gibbo and Dirtybooty

Team name : Easymoney

P.s Aris sucks and will never win.
Gibbo

Baby, i'm hot just like an oven, i need some lovin. And baby, i can't hold it much longer, it's getting stronger and stronger ;)

The Atlantis tart!
[Feb 2, 2013 12:27:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AwsomeDog9

The first tournament was successful, although there must be changes made to accommodate the time limit. Congratulations to Genetics Pawns for taking the first tournament.
Swordspinner of Cerulean

Lord of The Art of War
[Feb 2, 2013 3:06:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AwsomeDog9

Update - Next tournament set for this coming Friday at 12 PM in game time.

Also, the time the tables will be up has been cut to 1 hour, and the timer for each move will now be set to 10 seconds, and the buy in fee is 20K per person (40 per team).
Swordspinner of Cerulean

Lord of The Art of War
[Edit 1 times, last edit by AwsomeDog9 at Feb 5, 2013 3:14:47 PM]
[Feb 4, 2013 5:45:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Haioo

Update - Next tournament set for this coming Friday at 12 PM in game time.

Swordspinner tells ye, "Tourney tomorrow"
Ye told Swordspinner, "what time?"
Swordspinner tells ye, "10 GMT"
Ye told Swordspinner, "in the morning or the evening?"
Swordspinner tells ye, "morning"

12 noon or 12 midnight?

so, that is either 8PM or 8AM GMT.

if it is 12noon pirate time, that would be 8PM GMT.

Is this your clock Sword?...

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Haioo at Feb 8, 2013 2:35:10 AM]
[Feb 8, 2013 2:23:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Is this your clock Sword...

Better to understand than the former ;)

[Feb 8, 2013 2:34:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AwsomeDog9

My apologies for stating the wrong time GMT.

The tournament starts at 12 PM in-game time.
Swordspinner of Cerulean

Lord of The Art of War
[Feb 8, 2013 11:00:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AwsomeDog9

Second tournament was a lot of fun, thanks everyone for coming.
Uc (He played in Aristoza's absence) and I took first place with a combined stack total of about about 94.5K. Graypawn and Dirtybooty (both being partnerless, they partnered with each other) took 2nd place with a combined stack total of 39,500.

In the event that 2 teams are partnerless and the remaining players decide to partner with each other, each team will receive full credit for the work that their player did. In this case, 2nd place getting 2 points, both Dirtybooty's team and Graypawn's team receive 2 points.
Swordspinner of Cerulean

Lord of The Art of War
[Feb 8, 2013 1:40:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates