• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 37
Posts: 37   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6335 times and has 36 replies Next Thread
Aeternis

Celebrate Chinese New Year The Pirate Way! - Win a snake! (Winners announced!) Reply to this Post

Sun Nien Fai Lok and Happy New Year!

It's Chinese New Year coming and with this it's party time, but Madam Yu Jian forgot to invite me!
And if I may not have fun, she shan't have fun either! So hunt her down!
Why?
Because I intend to use the distraction your attacks will provide to steal some of her food fleet and party decoration...
Oh, what's in for you? Hmmm, what about that dance with the Madam at sword point and some ransom trinkets as well as PoE? Perhaps you win some blood? Ok, fine, I'll share some of the spoils, but only to those distracting her the most!

Rules without flavour:

• The rank in this competition is determined by the Madam Yu Jian-trinkets collected in the Week from February 10th to February 16th
  • Only trinkets inscribed to the pirate with whom you are participating will count
  • Only trinkets with an inscribed date from February 10th to February 16th will count (the named days included)
  • If there is a draw in points, the number of lucky coin talisman will break the tie and then the rest in following order: jade carving, jeweled finger guard, hand fan, cut stone box, jade comb
  • If there is still a tie, green jeweled finger guards will count, then red, then violet, aqua, yellow, blue and orange.
  • To participate post your Name, the number of trinkets you collected and times when you are probably online during the week following the contest to the entry thread of your ocean. It is important to give me those times as I only can verify your trinkets if I can add you as roommate Links to the entry threads are at the end of the post.
  • You are allowed only one entry post, but may edit that post any number of times.
  • Any posts edited or posted after February 17th 11.59 pm will be disqualified (this is to speed up the judging process).
  • In order to confirm the winners, in the week after the competition, I will add the top 10 participants and 5 more randomly chosen participants (for the raffle) as roommate to one of my shacks each. These shacks contain trinket cases in which to put your trinkets, so i can count them unhurriedly. When I am done with checking, i write you a pm, edit the news of the shacks, and post it in the forums, so you can fetch your trinkets.

Prizes:

1st Place: A black and white Snake and a commemorative trinket
2nd Place: Fortune Class Junk named Triumphant Snake and a commemorative trinket
3rd Place: Dragon Class Fanchuan OR Snake Class Sloop named Slithering Snake and a comemmorative trinket
4th Place: A plain Junk named Hunting Snake and a comemmorative trinket
5th Place: A plain Fanchuan named Searching Snake and a comemmorative trinket
A raffle between all participants with at least 1 trinket collected and not winning any of the other prizes: A Madam Yu Jian Banner!

If a ship name is already taken on your ocean, it will be replaced by a Snakehead with the same adjective.
I want to thank Pixelpixie for the great picture and Clotho for the Spanish translation as well as delivering the prizes.

Jade and Opal only:
There will be tournaments with Madam Yu Jian compasses during the time of the event, so you are not limited to camp the explorer's hall.

tl;dr : Feb 10 to 16th, Fight vs Madam Yu Jian, Win, post trinkets till Feb 17th.

Links
Entry Thread Cerulean
Entry Thread Emerald
Entry Thread Meridian
German Thread (works as Entry-Thread for Opal as well)
Spanish Thread (works as Entrythread for Jade as well)
Madam Yu Jian in the YPPedia
Brigand Kings in the YPPedia

Edit: Added choice for 3rdplace
----------------------------------------
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Edit 9 times, last edit by Aeternis at Feb 25, 2013 8:50:37 AM]
[Jan 19, 2013 3:22:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Re: Celebrate Chinese New Year The Pirate Way! Reply to this Post

FAQ
How does the judging work?
I will take up to 15 participants (depending on the number of trinkets posted) and add them as roommates to schacks/cabins owned by me.
Those houses are equipped with large display cases in which you put the trinkets. I will count them then to verify your number. When I'm done counting (usually one day later) you can get them back.
Do we get the trinkets back?
Yes, of course. All trinkets can be taken back by the owners after I counted them.
Is this really necessary? Can't we just do it in the trade window?
Yes, depending on the number of trinkets it is necessary. It is easier for you and for me, if you can place them in the house when you have time for it and I can count, when I have time for it.
Especially as I have to verify the inscription on each trinket this can be a time consuming process.
Are we competing against other oceans or just the pirates on our own ocean?
You are only competing against players of your own ocean. Prizes are awarded separately for each ocean as well.
Can I accept to be a roommate while I'm on a ship?
Yes, you can accept even while puzzling and you won't leave the puzzle, ship, fray or shoppe you are at. I will offer you a whisk to the house afterwards, but the most important part is the roommate-adding, which you can accept without problems everywhere.

[Jan 19, 2013 3:29:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gagund

Last event was so much fun! Can't wait for this one.

On the Meridian events thread, it says we can edit until Feb 27, but on this thread it says we can only edit until Feb17. Could you clarify which one is the real date and which is the typo?
-Gagundss
[Edit 1 times, last edit by gagund at Jan 19, 2013 11:59:51 AM]
[Jan 19, 2013 11:32:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Edit until 17th. I'll fix the typo right now.

[Jan 19, 2013 12:33:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

great event but pfffft... us chinese are so busy during the chinese new year.. flight/train ride back to hometown before the new year then flight/train ride again back to where one is working/studying/etc.. and tons of visitations on the first 2 days of the new year itself...

rants apart.. GREAT event

just a tad pity that i can't compete at even 50% capacity
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Jan 21, 2013 12:10:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lucicafer

This looks like fun!! I really like how well thought out in details the event is and yet easy to understand the rules. Great prizes and an awesome picture to use as a marketing tool.
Good luck to everyone who participates!

P.S. I wish that by some magic the spawn rate of MYJ compasses increased during the time of the event… :D
Lucicafer of Funtastic
natural born Huntard on Emerald
[Jan 31, 2013 9:03:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

This looks like fun!! I really like how well thought out in details the event is and yet easy to understand the rules. Great prizes and an awesome picture to use as a marketing tool.
Good luck to everyone who participates!

P.S. I wish that by some magic the spawn rate of MYJ compasses increased during the time of the event? :D

Thank you very much and I doubt that they will play with the explorer hall percentages. But as there are enough of those on every ocean, I think there will be enough compasses available.

[Feb 1, 2013 12:43:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Because of the new snake sloop the 3rd place winner will have the choice between a dragon class fanchuan and a snake class sloop!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Aeternis at Feb 1, 2013 3:04:27 PM]
[Feb 1, 2013 3:01:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Re: Celebrate Chinese New Year The Pirate Way! - Win a snake! (Feb 10 to Feb 16) Reply to this Post

Gather your compasses and load your guns. The comp starts in about 24 hours! Good luck all!

[Feb 9, 2013 12:07:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kikuneechan

great event but pfffft... us chinese are so busy during the chinese new year.. flight/train ride back to hometown before the new year then flight/train ride again back to where one is working/studying/etc.. and tons of visitations on the first 2 days of the new year itself...

rants apart.. GREAT event

just a tad pity that i can't compete at even 50% capacity

^ :(
--Kikuneechan of Sage-Emerald (& others)
[ Captain of the Remnant ];
{ avatar is self-made }
busy with real life.
[Feb 9, 2013 3:13:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spy_x59

Re: Celebrate Chinese New Year The Pirate Way! - Win a snake! (Feb 10 to Feb 16) Reply to this Post

How do we enter again?

Nors on Meridian
Yours Truly
Nors on Meridian
nobody of Meridian

(As if Pirate be truthful)

Just being completely irrelevant, as usual

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/o4BHcMn.png[/IMG
[Feb 10, 2013 5:57:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Just post your name, number of trinkets and times when I can fetch you online into your ocean's entry thread (Jade and Opal use the respective event thread in their event forums) until Feb 17th 11.59 pm game time.
In your case that should be the entry thread - Meridian

[Feb 11, 2013 12:35:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lucer

Name: kriscri
Trinkets:10
[Feb 12, 2013 2:19:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Name: kriscri
Trinkets:10

Ahoy mate! Please put your entry in the entry threads which can found in the OP!

Thank ye
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Feb 12, 2013 2:27:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
maiooch

P.S. I wish that by some magic the spawn rate of MYJ compasses increased during the time of the event :D

Me too! I literally only saw one compass spawn which a heartie and I grabbed...lucked out and jobbed to get a couple other trinkets w/hearties but most were being kept close to the belt on that end and they had quite a bit of "luck" getting maps every day >.<.

Great Idea for an event...just disappointed in how an event meant for ocean participation became such an exclusive-limited event for very few people. I did end up "bugging" the explorer hall spawn rate because it seemed silly if I bought a map on the chance I'd get one that one in a completely random category happened...and I think the spawn rate is TOO random.
Rhodanite of Cerulean formerly of Midnight
Queen of Bedlam
[Feb 15, 2013 12:25:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mandubloon

P.S. I wish that by some magic the spawn rate of MYJ compasses increased during the time of the event :D

Me too! I literally only saw one compass spawn which a heartie and I grabbed...lucked out and jobbed to get a couple other trinkets w/hearties but most were being kept close to the belt on that end and they had quite a bit of "luck" getting maps every day >.<.

Great Idea for an event...just disappointed in how an event meant for ocean participation became such an exclusive-limited event for very few people. I did end up "bugging" the explorer hall spawn rate because it seemed silly if I bought a map on the chance I'd get one that one in a completely random category happened...and I think the spawn rate is TOO random.

You were jolly lucky then that you were invited along with your 1 trinket to join your hearties and get 10 !
Im glad we could help you :)
Mandubloon - Cerulean
[Feb 16, 2013 11:17:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

There are more than 1 explorer hall on each English production ocean, so there should be enough opportunity to get compasses, though many people are "fighting" for them. While on the other hand, when I /who-ed participants on cerulean I found several of them aboard the same ship, so I think this event was not only against the competitors, but with them as well. Please keep it as civilized as you did aboard the ships in this thread.

If you have ideas to improve this kind of event, I'm always appreciating input.

PS: 10 hours to go and 34 to post your trinket score.

[Feb 16, 2013 2:05:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ScullE

I really like the idea of this event. However I think it would be better if it were opened up to any BK not just one. I spent several hours watching 3-4 different explorer halls and only saw 1 madame jian compass spawn. It would be much more fun to be nonstop fighting BKs than sitting on an explorer hall all day waiting for a specific compass to spawn and hoping you're the fastest to buy it.
Greenscull of Sage
[Feb 16, 2013 11:22:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EverclearBoy

Havent been contacted yet.
Amberon says, "Tricky little bastards."
Stud at Drinking Competitions says, "umm >.> will u quit for 50% of what i win? >.>"
Everclearboy officer chats "Stud's offering me Half a bird?"
[Feb 20, 2013 8:59:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

I'm trying to contact ppl several times a day, but won't get up in the middle of the night to get everyone before the weekend ;)

[Feb 21, 2013 12:38:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Please reclaim your trinkets if you have not done that yet!

[Feb 25, 2013 8:49:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Re: Celebrate Chinese New Year The Pirate Way! - Win a snake! (Winners announced!) Reply to this Post

And we have winners!!!
But before we come to them, I want to thank you all for participating and especially Clotho for helping me with trinket cases, translations and counting of the trinkets i couldn't get to in person because we closely missed each other repeatedly!

And to annoy you some more, I post some numbers I gathered during the contest. While those numbers aren't really giving a reliable statistic and so I didn't bother with variations etc, they give a nice idea about Madam Yu Jian trinkets and their distribution.

In this week there were 1582 trinkets collected on all oceans by 58 participants.

The distribution per ocean was and the trinkets per participant were:
Cerulean 424 24,9411764706
Emerald 553 30,7222222222
Meridian 465 35,7692307692
Jade 125 13,8888888889
Opal 15 15

With about 25% each the jade carving and the lucky coin talisman are by far the most common trinkets while the cut stone box with about 5 % is the rarest of them.
As I only counted the colours of the finger guards I can't tell if those numbers are correct for all trinkets but the first fun fact: no participant did get fingerguards in all colours!
While I had expected about 14 % each, only red (10%) and green (19,5%) differed considerably from the average.

But I think that I bored you enough already, so here are the results:

Cerulean:

1st with 83 trinkets and winner of a black and white serpent familiar is Ryujin
2nd with 72 trinkets and winner of the fortune class junk "Triumphant Snake" is Allitara
3rd with 60 trinkets and winner of the snake class sloop "Slithering Snake" is Mandubloon
4th with 41 trinkets and winner of the junk "Hunting Snake" is Kriscri
5th with 32 trinkets and winner of the fanchuan "Searching Snake" is Zeina

The raffle is won by Pixelpixie who got 19 trinkets during the competition.

Emerald:

1st with 78 trinkets and winner of a black and white serpent familiar is Jillie
2nd with 77 trinkets and winner of the fortune class junk "Triumphant Snake" is Everclearboy
3rd with 56 trinkets and winner of the dragon class fanchuan "Slithering Snake" is Djames
4th with 54 trinkets and winner of the junk "Hunting Snake" is Adnerb
5th with 53 trinkets and winner of the fanchuan "Searching Snake" is Tangotutu

The raffle is won by Molis who got 10 trinkets during the competition.

Meridian

1st with 74 trinkets and winner of a black and white serpent familiar is Alexkilbride
2nd with 68 trinkets and winner of the fortune class junk "Triumphant Snake" is Gagundss
3rd with 67 trinkets and winner of the dragon class fanchuan "Slithering Snake" is Imamy
4th with 57 trinkets and winner of the junk "Hunting Snake" is Mcgillicutti
5th with 39 trinkets and winner of the fanchuan "Searching Snake" is Poggie

The raffle is won by Honeypi who got 24 trinkets during the competition.

Jade

1st with 36 trinkets and winner of a black and white serpent familiar is Spain
2nd with 29 trinkets and winner of the fortune class junk "Triumphant Snake" is Sosolid
3rd with 24 trinkets and winner of the dragon class fanchuan "Slithering Snake" is Ricardog
4th with 23 trinkets and winner of the junk "Hunting Snake" is Júampy
5th with 22 trinkets and winner of the fanchuan "Searching Snake" is Ártemis

The raffle is won by Caquito who got 1 trinket during the competition.

Opal

1st with 15 trinkets and winner of a black and white serpent familiar is Magixel

Prizes will be delivered shortly via Clotho-Express.
Please remember that you have to trade the deed to your ship to another character (I suggest an alt) and back to be able to use it if you were offline at the time of the prize delivery.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Aeternis at Feb 25, 2013 8:52:52 AM]
[Feb 25, 2013 8:52:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Re: Celebrate Chinese New Year The Pirate Way! - Win a snake! (Winners announced!) Reply to this Post

Very well organized Locu. Thank you for hosting this, and I hope to see more stuff from you in the future!
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Feb 25, 2013 2:03:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Grats to all the winners! Well deserved ^_^ Also THANK YOU Locu for the amazing event! well planned and well executed ;D It's not easy putting on such a large scale event, and even with lots of help you did a amazing job!!!
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Feb 25, 2013 6:59:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Clotho just told me that she delivered the prizes already and those who won a ship should find it at their home island.

[Feb 26, 2013 12:01:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
D_james

may be a problem then, I show the lucky ticket trinket but the faunch deed has not arrived
[Feb 26, 2013 2:46:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Awwww, I made a copy paste error. I think Clotho will fix that. I copied the Cerulean prizes and so you got a Snake Sloop instead of the Dragon Fanchuan.
I'm very sorry.

[Feb 26, 2013 2:53:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
D_james

might wanna check the last set then you might have given them a sloop too, easy mistake to make
[Feb 26, 2013 3:11:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Yes, Jade and Meridian got the same mistake, but all other prizes were correct.

[Feb 26, 2013 3:14:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
D_james

ty for the fix! and ty very much for the contest!
[Feb 26, 2013 9:46:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 37   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates