• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 406
Posts: 406   Pages: 14   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 40066 times and has 405 replies Next Thread
Thalia
OceanMaster

Dolls Galore - Deadline February 15, 2013 - Win Ringer dolls! Reply to this Post

I bet most of you have already seen the wonderful new shiny treats our artists created for the Ringer crew a while ago. Ringer dolls in portraits! Wee!

Aren't they gorgeous? What a waste would it be to keep them hidden in our trunks, so it's time to spread the love and hand out some dolls, so they can be immortalized in your galleries.
I've rounded up a bunch of Ringers who are keen on handing out their dolly counterparts, but I'm afraid - being the greedy bastards that we are - we're not giving them away for free. So sharpen your pencils and needles, fire up those graphic tools or grab some modeling clay.
I've looked through many past events and decided to combine two formats which yielded absolutely amazing results in the past. We know you're talented, you proved that much many times over and we want more of that - so create avatars and dolls for us!

So, what now?
Create a doll or forum avatar for your Ringer of choice from the list of participating Ringers.
You may create one entry per Ringer and up to 5 avatars and 5 dolls total - meaning you can have a total of 10 entries (for 10 different Ringers).

How?
The technique is mainly up to you, but there are some requirements. See the category "Entry Format" below.
All entries need to be posted in the correct entry thread and entry posts need to contain all requested information.

When?
Deadline for this event is 23:59 PST on February 15, 2013.

Judging and Prizes
Each Ringer will judge his entries personally and pick his personal favourites. While we all aim to give out at least one doll (or maybe more, if your creations leave us awestruck), we also reserve the right to only give out eggs or minor prizes if we think the quality of entries doesn't warrant awarding a doll. (Yes, we're picky!) So go for quality, not quantity!

Participating Ringers and Entry Threads
There is a total of 25 Ringers participating in this event. Make sure you post your entries in the correct entry thread!

Entry Format

General information
Each entry needs to contain the following information:
  • Pirate name
  • Ocean
  • Name of the Ringer the entry was created for
  • Entry images (see details below)

Forum Avatars
If you decide to create a forum avatar for the Ringer of your choice, the avatar will need to have the following format:
  • No larger than 150x150 pixels
  • Maximum size of 60KB
  • Format needs to be .jpg, .png or .gif
  • Animated avatars are allowed

How you create the graphic is up to you. Scanned pencil drawings, water color paintings, photographs or simply digitally created art, whichever you prefer. As long as everything is your own work and created for this contest.

Dolls
If you decide to create a doll, make sure you provide the following images. Each image should have a card visible with your pirate name, ocean and 2013 on it, so we can be sure it is your original work and created for this contest.

• 1 image of the materials
  • 1 image of the work in progress
  • 2 images of the finished doll, from different angles
  • Optional: A brief description of the creation process

Posting images of the small/original versions of forum avatars and thumbnail images of dolls are fine. For larger images, please only post links.
Please post each entry in a separate post, even if you have more than one entry for the same entry thread.

Additional Rules
  • Entries need to be your own, original work and created specifically for this contest.
  • You may only post your own entries and not post entries on the behalf of another entrant.
  • Prizes will only be awarded to the pirate and on the ocean listed in the entry post.
  • Entries which are posted or edited after the deadline will be disqualified.
  • Each participant may only post a total of 10 entries, with a maximum of 5 dolls and a maximum of 5 forum avatars.
  • Each participant may only post one entry per Ringer (either doll or forum avatar, not both).

Handy Links
Dolls in portraits
Ringer YPPedia page
Oceanmaster YPPedia page

We can't wait to see your creations!

Of course, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post here!

-----

Results

Aphrodite's winners
Arcturus' winners
Artemis' winners
Atropos' winners
Bia's winners
Castor's winners
Cephalopod's winners
Clotho's winners
Cronus' winners
Demeter's winners
Eightycats' winners
Endymion's winners
Eurydice's winners
Forculus' winners
Gaea's winners
Galene's winners
Glaucus' winners
Greenbones' winners
Hera's winners
Mnemosyne's winners
Nemesis' winners
Nemo's winners
Poseidon's winners
Prometheus' winners
Thalia's winners
----------------------------------------
[Edit 34 times, last edit by Thalia at Jul 18, 2013 9:14:56 AM]
[Jan 14, 2013 6:29:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Re: Dolls Galore - Deadline February 15, 2013 - Win Ringer dolls! Reply to this Post

I almost fell off my chair from excitement! just what i needed to fill my next month with ^_^ (wonder if I can learn to sew or knit in a month o.O)
Ok so i do actually have a question for the doll making: does it have to be knitted or sewn? or can it be a clay doll?
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Jan 14, 2013 9:36:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thalia
OceanMaster

Re: Dolls Galore - Deadline February 15, 2013 - Win Ringer dolls! Reply to this Post

I almost fell off my chair from excitement! just what i needed to fill my next month with ^_^ (wonder if I can learn to sew or knit in a month o.O)
Ok so i do actually have a question for the doll making: does it have to be knitted or sewn? or can it be a clay doll?

That's entirely up to you. Knitting, sewing, modeling clay or mashed potatoes - it's your choice of materials and methods to create a doll.
[Jan 14, 2013 9:39:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Restrictions are my Nemesis >_< only being allowed to make 3 may be a blessing in disguise, given how over-committed I already am :P

A query on the dolls: is it okay if they don't look like the portrait dolls, so long as they're still clearly the intended ringer? I often draw inspiration from portraits, where the clothes, etc are often different.
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Jan 14, 2013 10:20:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

*sighs* I wish I were artistic. Oh well, at least I can rest assured that no one else is getting an Oceanus doll either since he's not on the list.
Gneiss on all Oceans, Huntard

Aug 12, 2011

Av by Diagram
[Jan 14, 2013 10:44:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Does the Forculus doll exist yet? There's no picture of it on the trinket page.

Also, omgyay!
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jan 14, 2013 11:29:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Also, omgyay!

It does.

And...one month is not enough to craft dolls oumg.
Sizzly of Emerald.

Buying Lexicon's and Ringer eggs.
[Jan 14, 2013 11:43:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Also, omgyay!

It does.

He has a fork! :D

Fixed the wiki.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jan 15, 2013 12:17:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

@pixelpixie -- yippeeee!! :) more clay practice!!
Tinycat on Cerulean
Clotho tells ye, "those have to happen naturally, one can't force genius to spawn!"
Hera tells ye, "Fake me!?"
Galene tells ye, "*me steals your choco monkey*"
[Jan 15, 2013 1:15:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rayhane15

So we can have 6 Avatars for 6 Diff Ringers,right...?
Anacute of Cerulean
FGOH Active Princess...

Cute Avatar by Flower Power AKA Fleurs!
[Jan 15, 2013 12:03:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ray_mob [Link]  Go to top 
Thalia
OceanMaster

Restrictions are my Nemesis >_< only being allowed to make 3 may be a blessing in disguise, given how over-committed I already am :P

I think you're right. Given the number of participating Ringers and after some discussion with my eventsy colleagues, 3 seems a little too restrictive, so let's go with 5.
(Okay, we're just really greedy.)

A query on the dolls: is it okay if they don't look like the portrait dolls, so long as they're still clearly the intended ringer? I often draw inspiration from portraits, where the clothes, etc are often different.

They can look any way you like, you don't need to create exact copies of the dolls. You can of course do that, but also take your inspiration from the original Greek god, a portrait in the Ringer's gallery or create something entirely different. I can't give any guarantees what the individual Ringers will like the most, but you can certainly be creative!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Thalia at Jan 15, 2013 12:10:20 PM]
[Jan 15, 2013 12:05:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

I think you're right. Given the number of participating Ringers and after some discussion with my eventsy colleagues, 3 seems a little too restrictive, so let's go with 5.
(Okay, we're just really greedy.)

/e hunts down her initial overly large list from the garbage...and unscratches 4 of the names ^_^
[Jan 15, 2013 12:17:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

...How did you guys figure out about my secret plan to create an avatar for every OM and Ringer?

[No,] [seriously.]

I think I'm going to thank you for the limit so I can still execute it!

Only now it's...not so secret.

Shh, you didn't see anything.
Cattrin of Midnight Cerulean (and sometimes Viridian Meridian)
Avatar by Apollo, Wiske, Shawe, Blakbead, Daeva, Bunnylaroo and Musicologist!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Jan 15, 2013 1:47:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

OMG :D more dolls. Such a shame I'm no good at avatars, but I'll give it another try. Great event ^^ and I look forward to seeing all the entries.
Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[Jan 15, 2013 1:50:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Yay!

/me looks at fingers and apologizes to them ahead of time for all the pain I will be inflicting upon thee!

Edit: I sure hope a month is long enough to make 5 dolls!! <3
Faeree of Emerald~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by lilymoon at Jan 15, 2013 2:04:17 PM]
[Jan 15, 2013 2:02:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Nothing happened :D
Yumisa World Wide ;)
Your Favourite Cookie Monster <3

[Seasonal Avatars ~ The Comeback! ]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hikariks at Jan 15, 2013 7:30:50 PM]
[Jan 15, 2013 2:06:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Dolls
If you decide to create a doll, make sure you provide the following images. Each image should have a card visible with your pirate name, ocean and 2013 on it, so we can be sure it is your original work and created for this contest.

1 image of the materials
1 image of the work in progress
2 images of the finished doll, from different angles
Optional: A brief description of the creation process

I know, you guys like to copy paste and all XD but at least do check~

Fishheadred doll wiii XD not even included in this one

What am I missing here? Don't do this to me when I haven't slept.
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Jan 15, 2013 2:12:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

can i say how much i suck at reading? xD and how sleepy i am? o3o and how sorry i am? i will hide under a bed for the rest of the day Woooooooooooooooooo x) *runs to wonderland*
Yumisa World Wide ;)
Your Favourite Cookie Monster <3

[Seasonal Avatars ~ The Comeback! ]
[Jan 15, 2013 2:16:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thalia
OceanMaster

Sorry, but not all Ringers are participating in the event, Fishheadred being one of them. Only the ones listed in the event post.

Edit: Sniper!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Thalia at Jan 15, 2013 2:18:43 PM]
[Jan 15, 2013 2:17:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Sorry, but not all Ringers are participating in the event, Fishheadred being one of them. Only the ones listed in the event post.

Edit: Sniper!

However on the plus side, you can get a fishheadred doll from the background contests :D (and tomorrow another one will be released ^_^...) cept now to choose between a background contest and creating 5 dolls and 5 avatars...in a month o.O And don't forget trinkets!!!! and...and...ahhhhh....runs around trying not to lose her mind with all the images popping in her head...grrr muses !!!!
[Jan 15, 2013 4:32:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thalia
OceanMaster

/me rubs hands

My job here is done.
[Jan 15, 2013 4:51:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cedie007

aww, no captain cleaver? :(

hmmm, is it ok to have more than one ringer on the picture?? :) thx
Demorga of Sage Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by cedie007 at Jan 15, 2013 11:20:32 PM]
[Jan 15, 2013 11:10:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

I don't understand how you can do this to me. 10 avatars/dolls in one month? Yeah. Not that I'd win any, but it would be nice to try. Yes, I don't need to do all 10 but if you think I wouldn't then, well, you're wrong. I'm going to start ignoring all Events >:/
Sizzly of Emerald.

Buying Lexicon's and Ringer eggs.
[Jan 16, 2013 2:07:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

I don't understand how you can do this to me. 10 avatars/dolls in one month? Yeah. Not that I'd win any, but it would be nice to try. Yes, I don't need to do all 10 but if you think I wouldn't then, well, you're wrong. I'm going to start ignoring all Events >:/

I think we'll all be without special backgrounds and other art stuff this month! And the notice boards will be empty without all the artists ~.^
/e slinks back to her drawing and stops stalking the forums
[Jan 16, 2013 8:52:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Quick question just to clarify for myself:

Should we make a separate post for each entry? Like, let's say for the sake of example that I'm making avatars for Eightycats and Eurydice, who are in the same entry thread. Should I make two posts, or one post with the two entries?

Hopefully that made sense.
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[Jan 16, 2013 10:05:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Yes, one post per entry:

Please post each entry in a separate post, even if you have more than one entry for the same entry thread.

And thanks for that event, my fingers will be bloody next month and I will hate you for it!
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Aeternis at Jan 16, 2013 10:09:45 AM]
[Jan 16, 2013 10:09:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

And thanks for that event, my fingers will be bloody next month and I will hate you for it!

/e thinks you guys have some vicious violent and rather painful sounding artistic habits!!!!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Booful at Jan 16, 2013 10:21:08 AM]
[Jan 16, 2013 10:17:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Wow I fail at reading...

I'll go back in my corner now..
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[Jan 16, 2013 10:21:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

/e thinks you guys have some vicious violent and rather painful sounding artistic habits!!!!

There are just some things better sewn by hand....
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Jan 16, 2013 10:56:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thalia
OceanMaster

hmmm, is it ok to have more than one ringer on the picture?? :) thx

Sure, what you put into your image is up to you, just make sure you make clear who the avatar is for - okay, that needs to be in your entry post anyway.
The only thing you can't do is reuse the exact same image for additional Ringers. We're all special little snowflakes and won't be happy if we see you recycling images and realize the entry wasn't created for the Ringer in question specifically. ;)
[Jan 16, 2013 12:33:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 406   Pages: 14   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates