• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2649 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Prometheus
OceanMaster

Callously Casual Cranky Crustaceans! A Carpentry Bake-Off! Reply to this Post

What: Old-Style All-On-A-Ship Carpentry Bake-Off
Dates: Sunday January 13 (Cerulean) ; Sunday January 20 (Emerald) ; Saturday January 26 (Meridian)
Time: 12:30 PM game time (use /info to find out game time)

Here's how it will work.

* At 12:30 PM game time, I will put an event whisk up on the Noticeboard. These appear on the Events tab of the noticeboard at any colonized island.
* The event whisk goes to a bake-off ship. You do not need to be jobbed into the crew to take part.
* I will not broadcast the event unless participation is much lower than expected.
* The ship will have plenty of stations for the competition puzzle. Find a station as quickly as possible so that you are not hunting for one when we start. There are stations all over the ship, including throughout the main deck, down in the hold, and in the cabins.
* Please show consideration to your fellow players and stay quiet and do not spam. Keep chat and greetings to tells.
* I will keep the whisk up on the board for approximately 15 minutes, or until the ship is full, whichever is the earlier. Once the whisks have gone from the noticeboard, entrance to the event is closed. Be careful not to "fall off" the ship. Participants will not be jobbed into the crew to get them back on board.
* Once the whisking time is over, or when the ship is full, (whichever is the earlier), I will start to give instructions for the bake-off.
* From this point, spamming or unnecessary chatter will cause you to be planked.
* Once I have run through the instructions, the bake-off will begin.
* In these bake-offs, the contest will consist of a single 30-minute puzzling session. We will set sail, engage with another ship, and stay in sea battle for 30 minutes. We will then disengage and return to port.
* Competitors must be on a carpentry station from the beginning of the puzzling period, and must stay on station throughout the contest, until we reach the island at the end. You may dismiss and re-take the station if you need to, but you may not stay off-station. This includes pirates who disconnect, who will get about one minute to return to station. In order to avoid confusion, anyone remaining off-station after a warning tell will be planked.
* The duty report at the island (not the one at disengage) defines the winners.
* There will be prizes offered to the top 12 entrants. Each of the top 12 finishers on the duty report chooses one prize from the list including a colored familiar, rare furniture and trinkets.
* Prizewinners must stay on board to select their prizes but may leave once they have done so. If you are not on board to select your prize, you forfeit your prize, and the next best finisher is added to the list of prizewinners.
* Prizes will be distributed immediately after the bake-off.

Prizes
There are 12 prizes available and each prizewinner gets one prize and winners will take their pick in order (first place chooses first, followed by second, etc).

* Coloured Familiar (Colour and Type chosen by winner. Restricted colours or types are not valid.)
* Tan Monkey
* Sleeping Pig or Piglet
* Sleeping Tortoise or Turtle
* Ancient Vase rare furniture
* Anubis Statue rare furniture
* Deed to a Wrapped Gold / Gold / Gold Sloop
* Golden Piggy Bank
* Gold orchid x 4

Good luck!

- Pro
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Prometheus at Jan 3, 2013 5:13:05 PM]
[Jan 3, 2013 2:20:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Re: Callously Casual Cranky Crustaceans! A Carpentry Bake-Off! Reply to this Post

Arrrrrrr, more bake-offs!
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Jan 3, 2013 3:17:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Re: Callously Casual Cranky Crustaceans! A Carpentry Bake-Off! Reply to this Post

Does Carpentry include Patching?
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Jan 3, 2013 3:53:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

No, it's carpentry, not patching. Patching was last year.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Jan 3, 2013 3:55:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

No, it's carpentry, not patching. Patching was last year.

Okayz thanks xD
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Jan 3, 2013 3:59:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

Woot! An old school bakeoff AND it's carp AND I can actually make it!
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Jan 3, 2013 4:35:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

Dates: Sunday January 13 (Cerulean) ; Sunday January 20 (Emerald) ; Saturday January 26 (Meridian)
Time: 12:30 PM game time (use /info to find out game time)

!!! Schedule Change !!!

Due to an unforeseen commitment I've pushed forward Meridian's date a day. The date for Meridian's Carpentry Bake-Off is now Saturday January 26 as reflected in the main post.

My sincere apologies if there has been any inconvenience caused.

- Pro
[Jan 3, 2013 5:19:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

Ty for the Bake-off! I rather appreciated the added inscribed trinket as a prize :)
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===
[Jan 20, 2013 1:58:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates